Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Pet Hates.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

The X-Factor and people who watch it. Just... UGH :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    The X-Factor and people who watch it. Just... UGH :mad:

People who complain about people watching X-Factor...UGH

:rolleyes:

People who complain about people watching X-Factor...UGH

People who complain about people who complain...

(:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭WillyWaggler

The junkies who hang around beside the LUAS ticket machines. They act all nice and try to help you to get your ticket (I know how to operate the machine, please fupp off), but the second you refuse to give them any change they flip and shout abuse at you.

People who look down at you just because you're not exactly like them and don't dress the same and feel the need to shout at me while I'm innocently walking down the street minding my own business. And the scumbags would never say anything to you when they're alone, only in groups to impress their friends.

People who hire limos and such for the Debs. Actually just the whole Debs really...

Fake tan. Full stop.

Text speak.

St. Patrick's Day. Just an excuse for getting completely drunk these days and the parades are cringey.

Skanger Bangers. STFU. You're not cool.

Most chart music tbh. It's all just about sex and bewbs and the likes. So unoriginal. And their accompanying music videos.

People who completely dismiss the Irish language. It's in your heritage. Fine you don't like it, but that doesn't mean it should be completely abolished. Plenty of people have contradictory opinions.

That's all for now. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    People who complain about people who complain...

(:p)
    Loops in argument *head explodes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

not knowing what trolls are? :confused:
    having to be the first to text someone :mad:

Troll
    One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll&defid=5096

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,833 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

pet hates, ohh lord!
    hate when you can hear someone else biting the fork as they eat, arrgh me nerves!
    hate when someone is scraping out food from a steel pot using a fork..arrgh me nerves!
    hate eating a breakfast roll thats wrapped in tinfoil and accidentally taking a bite of tinfoil and it hits against a filling in your mouth..arrgh me nerves!
    (anyone see a pattern here, my nerves must be wrecked!:D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

When people bite their nails or lick their fingers to sift through a page or money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

People who hack websites.. e.g. the CAO website.. I mean really? Why would you bother?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

cork*girl wrote: »
    People who hack websites

Some people hack for good, I know of some person who hacked and then proceeded to destroy a fascist website.

People who hack websites.. e.g. the CAO website.. I mean really? Why would you bother?!
    Hacker prestige?

Well some people do it in order to inform people of the sort of security holes that would let actual malicious hackers get in. Security professionals get paid to do it.

The guys who hacked the CAO website - well, not so much hacked as attacked - they could have done it for any number of stupid reasons. Making a statement about the points system, anarchistic tendencies, prestige as WillyWaggler says...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

KATE'S PARTY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

KATE'S PARTY
    only because you weren't invited :D

[I hate it too though]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

The BT ads with that couple. I mean wtf? They were fine when it was just the normal happy family crap you usually see but do they really think depicting the relationship issues of a fictitious couple is going to make people want to switch broadband providers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

The BT ads with that couple. I mean wtf? They were fine when it was just the normal happy family crap you usually see but do they really think depicting the relationship issues of a fictitious couple is going to make people want to switch broadband providers?
    If you get broadband from Eircom, the answer is probably yes.

Introducing my pet hate: Eircom in general.
    And a more specific one: Eircom's goddamn awful DNS servers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Colm! wrote: »
    If you get broadband from Eircom, the answer is probably yes.

Introducing my pet hate: Eircom in general.
    And a more specific one: Eircom's goddamn awful DNS servers

Solution: Use opendns or google dns ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

People who say you're wrong about something, then when you proceed to state your case just go "yeah, yeah" in a really patronising manner. It just gets me so mad! There's no need to make someone feel stupid just because you can't come up with a half decent argument!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Everytime I see this ad I want to put your man's head throught a wall. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

If ever there was an ad that was utter pish, demonstrating one of the most assbackward views on the reality of Dublin (at the minute, not in general ), has to be the new lotto one.

Burns me boy bits, so it does. Play the lottery, you'll be happy and find love and see a rainbow. Balls.

I get irritated easily with these things. Early male-menopause?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

People who are selfish, People who are disorganised, People who dont text back. UGH UGH UGH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

When marketing people try to be "down with the kids". No I will not want to use your product/service because you've omitted capitals letters and/or substituted numbers for letters. It makes me want to avoid your crappy product/service altogether. And maim you to some extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

People who don't understand foundation, and how it works.

Get it too dark and cake it on, and you look completely ridiculous. This is well documented.

Equally, get it too light, or put fake tan on the rest of your body and wear your normal foundation, makes you look extremely ill. And like your head is a ghost, or something.

LOOK IN THE MIRROR BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE FREAKIN HOUSE, 'KAY?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

People who don't understand foundation, and how it works.

Get it too dark and cake it on, and you look completely ridiculous. This is well documented.

Equally, get it too light, or put fake tan on the rest of your body and wear your normal foundation, makes you look extremely ill. And like your head is a ghost, or something.

LOOK IN THE MIRROR BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE FREAKIN HOUSE, 'KAY?

This drives me mental. Why bother making the rest of you dark if your head is white? MAKES NO SENSE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

When I accidentally exit out of google chrome. Happens annoyingly often, usually when I'm trying to do something too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

This is a bit late...but when you're sitting your LC and the exam attendant outside the door is playing the music on their ipod so loud (I could even recognize the song) that you can hear it during the exam and you're the only one who seems to notice it. And then you tell them after the exam and they laugh. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

When you cut your leg shaving and it bleeds for about 3 million years....

Such a tiny, tiny cut. So much blood. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Mosquito bites, they are so itchy :(

Edit. Just Mosquitos in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Irish rail's holding your hand style customer service.

Every 5 minutes.

THIS IS THE TRAIN, THE TRAIN WILL STOP HERE AND HERE AND HERE.
    Then, SEO É AN TRAIN GO....

Today when I got to my seat there was this flyer
    Do not sit in reserved seats. If you have reserved this seat please dispose of this leaflet and take your seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

Liveline makes my blood boil. :mad:

Also the Facebook group: "How to pull birds" by LARRY MURPHY.
    Seriously, does anybody find that funny?? :eek:

Craguls wrote: »

Every 5 minutes.

Please pay attention to the safety notices on this service. Do not occupy prebooked seats. Have a pleasant and comfortable journey (Followed by) The catering snack-bar is operational towards the front of the train...ta ceapairi agus sneacani ar fhail....over and over and over again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Insults that you're supposed to take as compliments. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

When a girl in your year says this to you at your debs ;
    "Omg Rebecca, you reaaally pull that dress off, seriously, you REALLY pull it off. Honest to god!"

That is not a compliment, especially when you're a durtay hoare. The way she said it like...what are you trying to say, that you wouldn't think I would or something :mad::mad::mad:

(Also this girl is a totally sulky yoke and she is totally in love with herself. Dislike.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Craguls wrote: »

Every 5 minutes.

I AGREE.

Seo e an traen go dti Maigh Nuad blah blah blah

Yes I know this is the train to maynooth. It says it on the sign. I want to go to Maynooth, hence I chose this train versus the goddamn train to Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

AllInOne wrote: »
    "Omg Rebecca, you reaaally pull that dress off, seriously, you REALLY pull it off. Honest to god!"

That is not a compliment, especially when you're a durtay hoare. The way she said it like...what are you trying to say, that you wouldn't think I would or something :mad::mad::mad:

(Also this girl is a totally sulky yoke and she is totally in love with herself. Dislike.)

Don't mind her, you looked AMAZING in your AMAZING dress with your AMAZING tan :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Don't mind her, you looked AMAZING in your AMAZING dress with your AMAZING tan :P

You're too cute!
    Thank you!:D
    You're as nice so you are!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

You're too cute!
    Thank you!:D
    You're as nice so you are!:P

I didn't know your name was Rebecca! :( :P

Pet Hate:

School. :pac:

• Advertisement

Don' mind her- you were drop dead gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

People who refuse to control their bratty children. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Trolley's that decide to constantly shock you. Mine was trying to kill me today. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Rude people who stand around Dublin harassing people about religion. I don't mind the ones who wait for people to approach them for information (like those lads who give out leaflets on Islam, they're very nice about it). It's the really rude, in-your-face ones that get to me. I am not a Christian. I do not want to take your leaflet and waste the paper and your time. I'm not rude about this, I politely decline them. Please leave me alone.

Last week I had the following conversation with a man who shoved a leaflet about his church in my face:

Man: "Take one of these!"
    Me: "What's it about?"
    Man: "Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!"
    Me: "Oh, no thank you, I don't really believe in Jesus."
    Man (incredulously): "What? You don't believe in Jesus?!"
    Me: "No."
    Man (quite sinisterly, actually): "Well you will. One day. ....but it'll be too late!"

Yeah, ok, whatever you creep. I'm trying not to waste your time, please don't waste mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Having a million hair bands and losing every single one of them...

Like, seriously, where the hell do they all go???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »

EXACTLY!!!

And hair clips too, the brown ones.

Bought a full packet of like 30 or so last week, I have about 3 left, where are they?! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The (many, many) people in my year who talk. About drinking. Constantly. You freaking sat in a field drinking Druids, you didn't go to the Oscars. Stop telling me these boring, boring stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »

I think they get stolen by the same sock gnomes who ensure that whenever you put a pair of socks into the washing machine, only one will come out.

*COUGH* HOTARU *COUGH*
    society.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

That stupid lottery advert where the boats spray water in the air to make a rainbow.

Oh wow, it's a rainbow, let's all dance and hug and kiss like we averted the freaking apocalypse. Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

That stupid lottery advert where the boats spray water in the air to make a rainbow.

Oh wow, it's a rainbow, let's all dance and hug and kiss like we averted the freaking apocalypse. Ugh.
    If it was a double rainbow, on the other hand... Totally different matter.

But yes, I hate that ad too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement