Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Pet Hates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MrSir

I left my Ipod on the table here a few minutes ago

SO WHY THE FCUK ISN'T IT HERE NOW!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

That stupid lottery advert where the boats spray water in the air to make a rainbow.

Oh wow, it's a rainbow, let's all dance and hug and kiss like we averted the freaking apocalypse. Ugh.

They were shooting that when I was cycling over the bridge on the way back from work, there were loads of people pointing and looking amazed. Obviously the rainbow is CG so I couldn't see anything. When I saw the ad I was like "ooohhhhhh". And it was all explained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Piste wrote: »
    They were shooting that when I was cycling over the bridge on the way back from work, there were loads of people pointing and looking amazed. Obviously the rainbow is CG so I couldn't see anything. When I saw the ad I was like "ooohhhhhh". And it was all explained.
    You may have been at the wrong angle?

Click "about the magic"

Ads that are either:
    1) Done in another language and then dubbed poorly.
    2) Done in English but with an awful A/V sync (Vanessa Hudgens facewash ad)

Do it right FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I hate only being motivated to do something when circumstances mean it can't be done any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

THIS SONG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

When you're out for a meal and some people feel that they can reach over and take something from your plate like a chip or something without even asking, really annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

seanbmc wrote: »
    When you're out for a meal and some people feel that they can reach over and take something from your plate like a chip or something without even asking, really annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

OopsyDaisy wrote: »

I forgot about that one! :D

I really really hate ironing. It's SO BORING.

I really really hate ironing. It's SO BORING.

Just throw on some tunes and iron to the music :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

People who only like Muse since they heard them in Twilight. Really annoys me for some reason. It's like anyone who could bring themselves to watch (and enjoy, being there under duress is OK I suppose) Twilight doesn't DESERVE to like Muse. :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

People Who Start Every Single Word With A Capital Letter When Posting Comments On Facebook

It drives me mad - I have no clue why they do it, or even if it is a mobile automatically doing it or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

People who only like Muse since they heard them in Twilight. Really annoys me for some reason. It's like anyone who could bring themselves to watch (and enjoy, being there under duress is OK I suppose) Twilight doesn't DESERVE to like Muse. :P

The films are goddawful but I allow them to exist because they have THE best soundtracks!

Ahhh, that reminds me...

People who don't put a capital for the name of a song on their Ipod, how can you listen to a song if there's no capitals? D:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

When TV channels don't give a specific return date for a programme - coming soon is not specific enough! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

GAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

A Neurotic wrote: »
    GAA
    • People who talk about GAA because I've no clue what the feck they're talking about.
    • Cloudy weather. I like sun, and rain, just not the uncertainty of the in between!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

eridl.png

This. Any time I'm watching a TV show/film and I go to type something on IRC I end up making my video go 3 times normal speed, half the normal size, muted and paused.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Glee is starting again soon. Kill me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Glee is starting again soon. Kill me now.

UGH. The ads have started on TV3. I just can't look at their smug faces. Oh God I hate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

The new RSA ads about driving on drugs. Is it necessary to show a beaten up body being zipped up in a body bag? Whatever about getting the point through, sometimes you can have too much detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

People who really shouldn't have kids. I was on the bus the other day and this girl walked her little girl into one of those pools you use when you're standing up. She was so drunk/high that she barely noticed.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

People who are mean.

Able bodied people who park in disabled parking places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Big Brother. I just don't get it, like... what's the point?

People who won't drop something no matter how obvious it is you want them to.
    I DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT IT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

Twinkly Vampires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

People who cannot accept the fact that their wrong, who never give up, so you end up agreeing just to get them to shut up. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

Novella wrote: »
    Big Brother. I just don't get it, like... what's the point?

Billy Connolly described Big Brother as "People in a room looking at people in a room!?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

People who like their own status on facebook, what's the point honestly?

Because they feel empathy for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Liking your own facebook status is like high fiving yourself in public.

M&S* wrote: »
    Liking your own facebook status is like high fiving yourself in public.
    No it's not. High fiving yourself in public is great.

People who add "-gate" onto anything to denote scandal. It does my head in! "-gate" is not a suffix just because of the whole Watergate incident! Mitchell and Webb did a very funny sketch on the same thing go to 2.35:

I can't embed youtube clips for some reason, here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdgCEmEZc1U&feature=related

How did you do that? I clicked "edit" on your post to see what you did, what were the letters you put between the youtube tags?

you take the letters after the v= in the url of the video and put them in between [YOUTUBE tags and there it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Pretty much all insects creep me out so much. Especially moths/butterflies, spiders, wasps, beetles and daddy long legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

illiop wrote: »
    The whole there - their - they're and your - you're thing.
    And those people who are academically quite intelligent but are idiots when it comes to the realy world/general knowledge...nobody else ever usually knows what i mean by that but those people DO exist and they drive me insane.
    Also people who are afraid of Spiders. Yeah, they're kinda icky but they're not going to fuppin' eat you!

That's me... it's not our fault!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Sentineil

Captchas.

I always get them wrong and have to refresh until I get one I can read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Junkies. Where I get off the bus in town seems to be the watering hole for them. Always feel I'm gonna get stabbed or something.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

That's why boards won't let you "thank" your own posts. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I hate it when you get a text and get all excited and it turns out to only be from Vodafone. It's the ultimate disappointment. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Sand...I.Hate.Sand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 allrighty

having an eyelash in my eye :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

ohthebaby wrote: »
    I hate it when you get a text and get all excited and it turns out to only be from Vodafone. It's the ultimate disappointment. :pac:

And the way Vodafone texts me 17 times every time I top up.

"You have topped up".

"Thanks for topping up, champ".

"Top up complete".

F'koff!

The pain in my teeth when I eat soup and drink a slightly chilled drink. It happens even when I let the soup cool significantly. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

ohthebaby wrote: »

O2 does this so often at times when I text people.

"That was a fast reply"
    Priority tickets for Arcade Fire are still available. Text FIRE to 50202
    "GODDAMNIT I'M TRYING TO TEXT HERE AND I ALREADY HAVE TICKETS FOR ARCADE FIRE"

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

People who think the word "over-rated" counts valid criticism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

People who ask the same question to you more than once, when they know there is no possible way the answer could have changed.

• Advertisement

The pain in my teeth when I eat soup and drink a slightly chilled drink. It happens even when I let the soup cool significantly. :(

I hate this. I usally end up sucking ice-cream more so than eating it. :(

Advertisement