Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Oh, oh...

People who ACTUALLY still think the cake is a lie. THE CAKE IS NOT A FREAKING LIE.

the_cake_is_a_lie_portal.jpg

LOOK AT IT! IT IS REAL!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

People who think "town" only refers to Dublin.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Post of the day? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Fad wrote: »
    A particular petrol station chain in Ireland.

Any of the senior management of the above.

My supervisor.

Confectionary and Soft drink deliveries (I have grown to actually not hate milk deliveries).

The Sunday Times, for its sheer pain in the arse size and the pain in backside that is assembling it.

The Daily Mail, for obvious reasons.

People who stand in front of you and pull out the second paper in the pile, despite the fact that the first one in perfect.

Taxi drivers who throw bank notes accross the counter (I have never met any one else who does this).

People who are too arrogant to read the fúcking instructions on the air machine, they are very very clear, you're just fúcking lazy.

People who bítch at me when the atm is either broken or out of twenties, I DIDN'T ****ing break it.

People who scowl at me like I píssed in their fúcking cornflakes while I serve them, don't act like I ruined your day you cúnt.

Kids trying to buy smokes.

Kids stealing shít in general

The vast majority of taxi drivers, a taxi driver coproduced one of my best friends and I have met some genuinely LOVELY ones, but by christ the majority of them are just arseholes.

Yeah.......Imma stop now, I really could go on for a good while longer >_<

This except substitute generic service job with generic office job. If I have to file one more thing I'm going to go insane.

edit: on that note people who like their part-time jobs piss me off quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Post of the day? :P

Well, post of the day reminded me of it more than anything. It's not really that Dublin elitism thing you see all the time in AH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

People who don't take care of their kids. Really wrecks me.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

illiop wrote: »
    Also people who are afraid of Spiders. Yeah, they're kinda icky but they're not going to fuppin' eat you!

People who don't understand how lethal they can be :p

Pretty much any person who is on "My Sweet Sixteen" makes me want to throw puppies on a minefield...

...really cute puppies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Backseat drivers. "Green light" - Guess what? I can see it, I was kind of just waiting for the car in front of me to move. Can you drive? No. So stfu.

People who correct other peoples spelling and grammar all the time, but really only have a basic grasp on the language themselves.

Plan ditchers. 'Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

The word banter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

When people have an argument with you, using their strong opinion against yours...and have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

People who can't listen.

When somebody can't just STFU and accept something. "I'll tell you later." "Nooo, tell me nowwwww!" Ugh, there's a reason I don't want to tell you in front of this person, DUH.

When I'm in the library and I get a text and the librarian scowls and tells me to turn my phone off but when I'm trying to write a fúcking English essay and some woman with three toddlers screaming theirs heads off come in, nothing is said. And then they come over and touch your things, stealing pens and the likes, and you ask their mother to take them away from you and get a look like you're an inhuman monster.

When people think just because you don't think babies and toddlers are THE BEST THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD, there's something wrong with you.

Being nasty to someone just because you know you can get away with it.

Attention seekers who hurt my friends and then try to brush it off as a joke.

People who tell me about how drunk they were the night before...when they were stone cold sober.

When people are being really disruptive in class and a teacher is like "oh, keep it down" and you make a sound and the teacher goes absolutely crazy at you.

People who dump you when a better plan comes along.

Boasters. When people rub things in your face.

Spiteful, petty people.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

After being forced to sit through Sex and the City 2 last night, romantic comedies and menopausal women.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

After being forced to sit through Sex and the City 2 last night, romantic comedies and menopausal women.

That good, eh????:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

People who put one song from a load of artists on their iPod. I'll go and look at it "Oh you've got tonnes of stuff here. Oooh, AC/DC, let's see what you've got...oh..just Back in Black...nevermind. Oh you've got Nirvana...no, wait...you've only got Smells like Teen Spirit...Well at least you've got some Ramones...oh..Blitzkrieg Bop..fun....Ah, The Who....You've only got Who Are You?...

fffuuu.png

Get the full albums, you tards.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

MavisDavis wrote: »
    My wee micra can take you, I tells ya! C&H drag race.

Oh, I've got a really funny image of lads in drag running around now.. :pac:

Another pet hate: 'alot'. It's two words, people! Also, 'lols' - what do you mean "laughing out louds"? That makes no sense!

You may have seen this before but this solves the "alot" problem nicely:P

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

My pet hate is loud chewers/people who chew with their mouth open. Have some mannners you feckin' pig, I don't want to see your digestive system in action. Is it really that hard to eat like a normal human being?! Would it kill you to not eat like a rabid beast?!

And girls. Fcuk you and your drama-loving ways.:mad: Its like something in the female brain snaps when they realise that everyone is having a really good night and there has been no drama, so they just start crying or turn into passive aggressive bitches because you forgot to pay them back that euro you borrowed for the cloakroom. Would they just ask for the euro? Noooo thats far too straightforward and easy. Instead they spend they night giving dirty looks and bitching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

People who are late. I'm a ridiculously punctual person, so spend most of my time waiting for my friends who are constantly late. Fair enough if you've a genuine reason or let me know, but just leaving me standing waiting for you for half an hour is just plain rude. Why bother arranging a time to meet, if you're not going to be there.

+1 to people who eat with their mouth open. So disgusting. I actually can't eat with one of my friends anymore because she constantly does this. Ew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

And girls. Fcuk you and your drama-loving ways.:mad: Its like something in the female brain snaps when they realise that everyone is having a really good night and there has been no drama, so they just start crying or turn into passive aggressive bitches because you forgot to pay them back that euro you borrowed for the cloakroom. Would they just ask for the euro? Noooo thats far too straightforward and easy. Instead they spend they night giving dirty looks and bitching.

Rough night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

People who are afraid of technology. Mainly people who are afraid to use self-service checkouts. "Just use the self-service, it's miles faster" "Nah, nah, I'll just use the till" -_- It ends up with me waiting ten minutes for them.

Lads talking about soccer. Damn season, will it ever end?!

Accidentally sleeping in past 12:30.

People who are overly-loud...in public places.

People who ask you for advice, but really just want you to tell them what they want to hear.

People who complain about some aspect of society, but get pissy when they are put right (hypocrisy would come here too, I really, really can't abide it).

My extreme-procrastination problem. It's extreme tbh. If I was one of those I'm-gonna-do-it-RIGHT-NOW people, I'd probably be a trillionaire or something savage like that.

Thinking for the entire day it's Saturday when it's actually Sunday.

People who talk constantly about crappy video games that I've never played. I also just dislike talking about games IRL in general. I really don't care about your kill-streak in Call of Duty tbh.

It's getting hard to keep on my PET-hates now without moving into warranted hate, so meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Rough night?

Haha no, its just a pattern I've noticed. I have learned to ignore it though:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

jumpguy wrote: »
    People who are afraid of technology. Mainly people who are afraid to use self-service checkouts. "Just use the self-service, it's miles faster" "Nah, nah, I'll just use the till" -_- It ends up with me waiting ten minutes for them.

I hate self-service checkouts. They always break and that woman who speaks on the Tesco ones makes me want to kick her. "Unexpected item in the bagging area.." SHUT UP, NO THERE ISN'T!

Grr.

Speaking of voices, I really really really hate that guy who speaks in that ridiculous version of an Ulster accent on every Irish aural ever. The one you're meant to think is a teenager when he's clearly really old and annoying. :mad: Why, SEC, why?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Speaking of voices, I really really really hate that guy who speaks in that ridiculous version of an Ulster accent on every Irish aural ever. The one you're meant to think is a teenager when he's clearly really old and annoying. :mad: Why, SEC, why?!

My number one hate: IRISH PAPER TWO. That is all.

• Advertisement

I hate self-service checkouts. They always break and that woman who speaks on the Tesco ones makes me want to kick her. "Unexpected item in the bagging area.." SHUT UP, NO THERE ISN'T!
    No, they don't, and there's only an unexpected item if:
    1) You don't scan something and put it in the "bagging area".
    2) You put your handbag in the "bagging area".

It's scan (you don't have to push "start"), put it in the "bagging area", scan, bagging area, scan, bagging area. Then you stick your moniez in and get the change.

C'MON PEOPLE.

Speaking of voices, I really really really hate that guy who speaks in that ridiculous version of an Ulster accent on every Irish aural ever. The one you're meant to think is a teenager when he's clearly really old and annoying. Why, SEC, why?!
    Ugh, I know who you're talking about, tis' actually a joke. I nearly laugh when I hear him, he sounds like a right 'tard.

No, they don't, and there's only an unexpected item if:
    1) You don't scan something and put it in the "bagging area".
    2) You put your handbag in the "bagging area".

It's scan (you don't have to push "start"), put it in the "bagging area", scan, bagging area, scan, bagging area. Then you stick your moniez in and get the change.

C'MON PEOPLE.

Yes they do. You've clearly never been to my local Tesco. The staff spend so much time fixing the damn things it might as well be good old fashioned manual.

And the "please take your change, please take your items" thing annoys me. Why thank you, obvious machine, I was going to leave my cash and items I came to buy behind. FU SELF-SERVICE CHECK-OUTS!

Also, just because it's after coming onto the telly: Spongebob Squarepants is not funny. There, I said it!

Yes they do. You've clearly never been to my local Tesco. The staff spend so much time fixing the damn things it might as well be good old fashioned manual.

And the "please take your change, please take your items" thing annoys me. Why thank you, obvious machine, I was going to leave my cash and items I came to buy behind. FU SELF-SERVICE CHECK-OUTS!

Also, just because it's after coming onto the telly: Spongebob Squarepants is not funny. There, I said it!
    Actually, I've left behind some notes twice cause I'm so used to collecting small change. :o Luckily there was no scum behind me both times and told me I forgot my money.

I never got into the whole Spongebob Squarepants thing either...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Craguls wrote: »
    The word banter.

Yes yes yes yes yes. I hate this word so much. I saw this thread and immediately thought of it. I swear, if I get one more email saying how much banter there will be at the next class party, somebody is getting a black eye. It's the same thing with the word messy. Like oh my god it was such a messy night. **** off. Some of my friends and I have started using them in an ironic way saying 'like omg bant2k10 tonight' and people actually think we're serious. It's hilarious.

I hate when words aren't used correctly. For example: there / their / they're and you're / your. Seriously, it's not that hard to learn which goes where. I don't know how people don't learn this at school.

Also any sort of arrogance and 'being up yourself', for want of a better way of saying it. Yes you may be pretty / smart / rich / whatever. We know. You don't have to tell us all or look down on us because of it.

Oh and people who give out about the music I like and listen to. I like certain stuff and you like something else. Why do you care about what's on my iPod? It's not as if you have to listen to it. So go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Oh and people who give out about the music I like and listen to. I like certain stuff and you like something else. Why do you care about what's on my iPod? It's not as if you have to listen to it. So go away.

OH GOD YES. Music snobbery in general. People who decide certain bands aren't "good" and inform everyone who likes the band of this fact.

Eh, f*ck right off please.

EDIT:

spongebob-i-smell-the-smelly-smell-3701201.jpg

Anyone who thinks they are Irish because their Granny's friend's neighbour's dog was a Irish red setter.

Especially Americans who are really arrogant and obnoxious about it and expect you to dance a jig while trying to catch a bloody leprechaun. In fact, Hollywood depictions of Ireland in general. They're still doing it today! P.S. I Love You was an absolute sham and apparently they do it again in Sex And The City with an Irish nanny. It's borderline racist at times..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

People with extremely pessimistic attitudes towards other people and human nature (some self-hypocrisy may come in here...). The world is not THAT much of a horrible place, it's as horrible as you make it. People who usually proclaim this don't live in a slum or a "socially disadvantaged area" by the way, where they would be quite within their rights to proclaim their world is a horrible place. Who you decide to hang around with, and what you decide to with yourself, makes the world whatever it is. **** happens, yes, bad things happen to everyone. People who say "people never change" annoy me. Ugh, yeah they do. Especially if they've an ounce of intelligence in them anyway.
    More annoyingly, people with this pessimistic attitude kinda give off this "I'm-so-wise-about-life" vibe. Even more annoying if they're around the same age as said person.

People with extremely pessimistic attitudes towards other people and human nature (some self-hypocrisy may come in here...). The world is not THAT much of a horrible place, it's as horrible as you make it. People who usually proclaim this don't live in a slum or a "socially disadvantaged area" by the way, where they would be quite within their rights to proclaim their world is a horrible place. Who you decide to hang around with, and what you decide to with yourself, makes the world whatever it is. **** happens, yes, bad things happen to everyone. People who say "people never change" annoy me. Ugh, yeah they do. Especially if they've an ounce of intelligence in them anyway.
    More annoyingly, people with this pessimistic attitude kinda give off this "I'm-so-wise-about-life" vibe. Even more annoying if they're around the same age as said person.

Ah, but other people can make your world a horrible place too. And some people won't ever change. Really. It's sad and hard to accept, but true.

High Five to A_Neurotic for that trailer - the thing that annoys me most about these Paddy Whackery films is that the actors are rarely ever even Irish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Speaking of voices

I hate the automatic announcments on trains and the like, I'd much more like it if a person said when its time for me to get off... also is there a need for it to be announced 8 times throughout the journey this is the train from Limerick to Dublin- hopefully thats pretty self explanitory, and once its left Limerick its irrelevant...:mad:

I do however, like the guy who makes the croke park announcments.

"Fogra do na Gardai. A garda message. Plan B".

Advertisement