Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

The abortion debate. It actually drives me insane. On and on, round and round in circles. A person isn't gonna change their opinion because you talk louder, or because you post flawlessly, or because you use statistics. Just shut up! I don't care what anyone thinks on the subject, right, wrong, but seriously, stop shoving your thoughts in everyone else's face! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Those bastards that every school has 'Oh, I fit in 8 hours of study before school, and 7 and a half when I came home....today wasn't great now, I only managed 6, but I could always do double tomorrow...how much study are YOU doing?'

Gwan and get a life.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Novella wrote: »
    The abortion debate. It actually drives me insane. On and on, round and round in circles. A person isn't gonna change their opinion because you talk louder, or because you post flawlessly, or because you use statistics. Just shut up! I don't care what anyone thinks on the subject, right, wrong, but seriously, stop shoving your thoughts in everyone else's face! :mad:

I agree completely, it's just really tedious now. I'd say the same for a number of debates, actually. People who shove opinions down your throat FTL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Those bastards that every school has 'Oh, I fit in 8 hours of study before school, and 7 and a half when I came home....today wasn't great now, I only managed 6, but I could always do double tomorrow...how much study are YOU doing?'

Gwan and get a life.:rolleyes:

Oh, and the typical "I'm so screwed/I so failed" **** who always do really well in exams.

Slightly related note, girls putting themselves down for no reason (possibly reassurance or something?). "Excuse the state of me, I'm in a (shock horror) hoody today/State of my hair today". Dunno what they're talking about, honestly.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Oh, and the typical "I'm so screwed/I so failed" **** who always do really well in exams.

Slightly related note, girls putting themselves down for no reason (possibly reassurance or something?). "Excuse the state of me, I'm in a (shock horror) hoody today/State of my hair today". Dunno what they're talking about, honestly.

I'm always so tempted to agree when someone is like "oh, I'm sooo fat" or "the state of my hair." I understand that everyone feels like that sometimes but when it's blatantly obvious it's just an attention thing or whatever, it just makes me want to punch someone.

I always hate girls who act stupid or vacuous. Pisses me off something SERIOUS.

• Advertisement

I'm always so tempted to agree when someone is like "oh, I'm sooo fat" or "the state of my hair."

Hah, I generally do. A nice, absent, disinterested "Yeah" before changing the subject. It's fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I always hate girls who act stupid or vacuous. Pisses me off something SERIOUS.

THIS 100%! I enjoy "Sex and The City", it's amusing, but I hate how it glamourises this wierd notion that vacuousness is an essential or appealing quaility for a woman. All they do is sit around and talk about shoes and sex. For god's sake, how does someone become a succesful journalist who seems to be well educated without taking so much as a passing interest in the world around them. In fact, in many episodes they seem to mock people who do. UGH!...I still plan on seeing the film though:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

jumpguy wrote: »
    No, they don't, and there's only an unexpected item if:
    1) You don't scan something and put it in the "bagging area".
    2) You put your handbag in the "bagging area".

It's scan (you don't have to push "start"), put it in the "bagging area", scan, bagging area, scan, bagging area. Then you stick your moniez in and get the change.

C'MON PEOPLE.
    No really, they are heaps of shíte at the best of times. I always make sure an item has actually scanned through before placing it in the bagging area and still get the same bollox about unexpected items and such. They're also a bit slow and tend to crash for no good reason.

^Also last time I used one, it wouldn't scan my baby potatoes and no one would come to help when I pressed the button.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

Slow walkers. Speed the fùck up or get out of my way!

Great thread, this.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

People's bullshít

and people who concistently correct my grammar and manner of talking.I'm sorry I used to stutter and I didn't go to a private grammar school costing an arm and a leg, so yes, my language skills aren't the best.How about this "GET FÚCKED" did I say that wrong?.

People who think they have some sort of advantage over me because of where I'm from, I'm from a farm,I've worked hard all my life and didn't have money for everything I ever wanted. you're an assh*le,I know which one I'd prefer to be

people without an opinion, the world doesn't need sheep, so grow a pair and speak your mind for once FFS.

for future refernce I probably hate everything, unless stated otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Alright, I'll admit that I'm something of a spelling and grammar Nazi. (Sorry, Ginja!) I use proper spelling and grammar in text messages and everything. However, I am aware that everyone is human and therefore prone to mistakes (myself included), so most of the time I keep my comments quiet and scream at people inside my head. :D I can't abide by text-talk, everyone should at least make an effort. All those groups on Facebook hurt my eyes. You could at least check your spelling, never mind grammar, before putting your group out there for the world to see!

On the subject of Facebook groups, I seriously despise these new-fangled "like to see the picture" groups, where you not only have to "like" the thing, you have to add all your friends, fill in surveys, dance like a chicken for 30 seconds and knit them a cardigan. Just show me the damn photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I don't know. From having a look at some of those women's magazines they seem to put women under an awful lot of pressure. In one article they're going on about how some woman is too skinny, and two pages on a woman who's a few kilos heavier is lambasted for putting on weight. They're full of conflicting messages. I could understand the vanity of some women tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Davidius wrote: »
    No really, they are heaps of shíte at the best of times. I always make sure an item has actually scanned through before placing it in the bagging area and still get the same bollox about unexpected items and such. They're also a bit slow and tend to crash for no good reason.
    Either we've the best self-service checkout machines in the world, or I've just got a magic knack for self-service checkouts then. I looove them!

^Also last time I used one, it wouldn't scan my baby potatoes and no one would come to help when I pressed the button.

:(
    That's another point against it, a lot of the time the person monitoring them is too busy talking to somebody to actually do their job. I hate how lines are held up because people are waiting to be allowed to buy alcohol while the person on duty is a couple of metres away having a grand old chat sure.
    jumpguy wrote: »
    Either we've the best self-service checkout machines in the world, or I've just got a magic knack for self-service checkouts then. I looove them!
    Honestly the only other Tesco I've been to that had self-service checkouts was one in London. All I know is that the local ones have a tendency to act up. That said I still prefer them because of my crippling fear of people. :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Two pet hates here.

GLEE :mad:

People who can't accept that I think GLEE is SHIT... :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

My pet hate is that d4rkOnion hates Glee :( How can he be so awesome, yet hate the best thing in the world?:( It brings sadness to my heart...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

IRONY... IMPLOSION... Gaaaaah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Bloody Eurovision.

Hotaru wrote: »
    Bloody Eurovision.
    But it has songs about feelings or something like that. I'd have thought you'd liked that nonsense. :pac:

Nevertheless we must all be patriots and support our troops singing lady person.

This does bring me to another pet hate of mine:
    Filthy humans and their "feelings" as they call them.

• Advertisement

Davidius wrote: »
    But it has songs about feelings or something like that. I'd have thought you'd liked that nonsense. :pac:

Nevertheless we must all be patriots and support our troops singing lady person.

This does bring me to another pet hate of mine:
    Filthy humans and their "feelings" as they call them.

It has shít songs sung by absolute tools.
    Its existence irritates me.

D'ya know what I also hate? Internet timers and parents who think I have an internet addiction. Just because I don't sleep the same hours of the night that you do, and just because you freak out when the internet usage is at 75% for the month (when it hits 99% THEN I'll stop using it - you get the whole thing for fúcking FREE anyway), should NOT mean that you get to control MY usage. I'm not hurting anyone! To hell with your damn timer! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

D'ya know what I also hate? Internet timers and parents who think I have an internet addiction. Just because I don't sleep the same hours of the night that you do, and just because you freak out when the internet usage is at 75% for the month (when it hits 99% THEN I'll stop using it - you get the whole thing for fúcking FREE anyway), should NOT mean that you get to control MY usage. I'm not hurting anyone! To hell with your damn timer! :mad:

+ a million.

When I come home, my mam drives me crazy about that kinda thing! She actually got up at 3am one night and came into my room and was like, "Why are you still up?". I DON'T KNOW! At this exact moment, she's making typing this really difficult 'cause she won't stop talking and she just said I'm rude 'cause I "never stop tapping on that thing"! Grr!

I love her lots though!

When you're listening to music and someone makes a comment about something and you don't take your earphones out to ask them what it was (knowing it was....irrelevant, or whatever. My mother never says anything of much interest) and they go into a major strop. Grrr. Earphones in=disturb only if absolutely necessary.

ETA: and ugh, totally agree about the whole Internet thing, grr.

I love this thread! :p

Related to Hotaru and Novella's pet hates, I hate people who talk about 'social networking' sites as if they're turning us into a bunch of sociopathic creeps.
    People who have never used the sites themselves especially annoy me.
    Or when my mother says "I just don't understand how you can spend so much time on it". "Different generation, mam." "Yeah, exactly", as if that's an actual point.

Also, technology reporters should be forced to take a basic exam on computers or HTTP or something. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 NJR

People smoking on the Luas and then when they accuse you of being a snob when you move :mad:
    People picking their nose while driving..

People who sit beside you a bus/train when there are a million other free seats NOT beside someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I'll be honest after a 4 hour + bus trip home,I hate everyone who has ever been on a bus home/to dublin with me this year.Why can't it just be empty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I hate this whole having two separate 'families'/sets of friends thing. It's really really cool, til you start missing everyone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

People who sit beside you a bus/train when there are a million other free seats NOT beside someone.
    Ha! This reminds me of being in Dublin with my parents. They say hello to EVERYONE that sits beside them in the Luas. The shame...

• Advertisement

I feckin' hate this. Women are always sitting beside me when there's plenty of other free seats. If only I were not so damn sexy.

No but seriously I wish people would feck off with that.

Advertisement