Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Fago! wrote: »
    Ahhh you're just jelly. Are you jelly? Mmmmmmm jelly. I think I'll have some jelly............

........AND NOT GAIN ANY WEIGHT NOM NOM NOM!!!
    im nearly sure you wouldnt gain much weight by eating truckloads of jelly......
    im going to test this
    :cool::cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Is it just my imagination, but is it much slippier outside today than usual? Thank goodness that UCD put those stones/grit down in some places! Except they're too narrow, if you meet someone you have to step onto the ice. I did this today and slipped down a very gently slope - I didn't fall but it was scary and enough to get that annoying sympathetic "That was close" look from other people.

I thought there was supposed to be a thaw. Maybe this is it!? I would like to wake up and for there to be no snow or ice. I'm not looking forward to the slush coming either, that's horrible oul crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Is it just my imagination, but is it much slippier outside today than usual? Thank goodness that UCD put those stones/grit down in some places! Except they're too narrow, if you meet someone you have to step onto the ice. I did this today and slipped down a very gently slope - I didn't fall but it was scary and enough to get that annoying sympathetic "That was close" look from other people.

I thought there was supposed to be a thaw. Maybe this is it!? I would like to wake up and for there to be no snow or ice. I'm not looking forward to the slush coming either, that's horrible oul crap.

I think loads melted and then refroze so it's just ice now. UCD is just scary, good luck having the open day tomorrow >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

im nearly sure you wouldnt gain much weight by eating truckloads of jelly......
    im going to test this
    :cool::cool:

I await these results. I choked on jelly once!

I await these results. I choked on jelly once!
    Choked on jelly???? i would have thought that was impossible......

also, im postponing my test till saturday so as i can make enough of it so that the results will be consistent.

Fago: I know where the 3rd line in your sig is from. ;) good choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Imagine going to see a band you really love, nabbing yourself a great spot in the venue... and then spending the whole f*cking show taking photos or recording. I can get the value of a couple of photos, obviously, but you don't need 7,000 shots from the same angle. And why oh why would anyone be content to view a band through a phone/camera screen when they're right in front of you? Might as well just go to youtube. Gragh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Imagine going to see a band you really love, nabbing yourself a great spot in the venue... and then spending the whole f*cking show taking photos or recording. I can get the value of a couple of photos, obviously, but you don't need 7,000 shots from the same angle. And why oh why would anyone be content to view a band through a phone/camera screen when they're right in front of you? Might as well just go to youtube. Gragh.

A girl beside me dos this for the whole of jimmy eat world and then when her camera battery died, proceeded to take out her phone and continue on that. So pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

This problem, Arcade Fire on Sunday. I was two from the front, and the two in front were just taking photos. If you've got a decent spot: USE IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Choked on jelly???? i would have thought that was impossible......

also, im postponing my test till saturday so as i can make enough of it so that the results will be consistent.

Fago: I know where the 3rd line in your sig is from. ;) good choice.

Oh hohhoo, it's possible my friend. verrry possible. I've stopped telling people that it happened because when I do they laugh (I see the irony in posting it on the internetz, but you lot don't know me)

I'm imagining you in a white lab coat with many vodka jelly shots. Scene cuts to you in a jailcell covered in vomit. haha

Yeah tis a good, nay, great song, and my favorite line from the song. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Colm! wrote: »
    This problem, Arcade Fire on Sunday. I was two from the front, and the two in front were just taking photos. If you've got a decent spot: USE IT.

I had seen you were having trouble getting to the concert... I feel good for you now that I know you made it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

Yeah tis a good, nay, great song, and my favorite line from the song. ;)

I'm going to see them in February. :D

It annoys me when people disappear from a chat or texting conversation without saying they're leaving, it starts to make me think my phone is broken when people do it a lot. Such a hard life I lead.. :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It annoys me when people disappear from a chat or texting conversation without saying they're leaving, it starts to make me think my phone is broken when people do it a lot. Such a hard life I lead.. :p

I am so bad for doing that to people! :o

A new pet hate: my dad listens to one of the English digital radio stations when he's at home during the day. They play all music from the 60s, 70s and 80s and advertise themselves as having all the best "classic" rock and pop. They play the same twenty songs every single afternoon. If I hear "Band On The Run" followed by "Lola" followed by "The Boxer" again I'm going to go nuts!

And the converse - when you say goodbye to someone and they don't stop talking to you. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Negative marking MCQs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Negative marking MCQs.

A guy in my accounting class got a minus mark in the MCQ section of our last test. Our lecturer said he'd be generous and not use it to bring down his 7% overall grade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

A guy in my accounting class got a minus mark in the MCQ section of our last test. Our lecturer said he'd be generous and not use it to bring down his 7% overall grade.

A Neurotic's going to be telling a story like that soon.

"A girl in my class, right, well, she actually got -25% in her pharm exam cos she got all the MCQs wrong and didn't know how to answer anything else. LOL, SCARLEH FOR HER MA FOR HAVIN' ER!!"

The kind of MCQs where you get -1 mark for every wrong answer and 4 marks for every right answer are fair, but I assume you don't get those?

Assuming there are 4 options for each question.

i hate being kicked/banned from irc...... :cool::mad:

The kind of MCQs where you get -1 mark for every wrong answer and 4 marks for every right answer are fair, but I assume you don't get those?

Assuming there are 4 options for each question.

50 MCQs, which are the nit-pickiest things in the world, with True or False answers. 1 mark for everything right, -.5 for each wrong answer.

Blergh.

bythewoods wrote: »
    50 MCQs, which are the nit-pickiest things in the world, with True or False answers. 1 mark for everything right, -.5 for each wrong answer.

Blergh.

Statistically, they're fair, but sure, if I were in your boots, I'd give out ****e about them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

All-nighters. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Negative marking MCQs.

Negative marking exams. Our last one had 2 options (out of a list of 30 or so) for each question, 1 mark for 2 right answers, 0.5 marks for 1 right answer, and 0.25 marks for 1 right and 1 wrong...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Mollikins wrote: »
    All-nighters. :mad:

Im more used to the 'Still drinking at 8 the next morning' kind. And they're class. But now these 'Up all night reading' kind are killing my buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Im more used to the 'Still drinking at 8 the next morning' kind. And they're class. But now these 'Up all night reading' kind are killing my buzz.

Yeah the other kind are waaaayyy funner. I need one of those nights badly. I'm totally going to pack this in soon cos I'm not getting anywhere. :( Good luck with your exam anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

People who are unnecessarily rude.

I went into college today to hand in an assignment, which my lecturer said was fine to hand in late, as long as I had my medical certificate with it. The person in the office was so rude, the conversation went like this:

Me: Would I be able to hand in an essay
    Her: It's late.
    Me: I know, I was in hospital on Friday and emailed the lecturer and
    Her: Did they email you back??
    Me: Yes, she said it was fine, as I submitted my electronic version on time to hand it in today with a copy of my medical certificate.
    Her: Ok, and grabbed it off me.
    She then turned to my mum and said: What do you want?
    My Mum: I'm ok thanks, I just came to make sure she didn't fall again
    With that the girl in the office just turned around and walked away.

Seriously, what is the point? What pleasure does it give someone to be so rude. If I did that in work, I'd get in so much trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

kateos2 wrote: »
    People who are unnecessarily rude.

I went into college today to hand in an assignment, which my lecturer said was fine to hand in late, as long as I had my medical certificate with it. The person in the office was so rude, the conversation went like this:

Seriously, what is the point? What pleasure does it give someone to be so rude. If I did that in work, I'd get in so much trouble.

My mum always makes a point of demanding to speak to the superior of anyone who speaks to her like that, say it's the only way to teach them some manners...

Really awkward facebook chat/ gmail/ tcd email chats.

Just logged into my college account to see if I'd gotten a reply about missing exams when one of the mature students in my class who I don't really know start chatting to me.

So stunted. At one point she tried to introduce humour. Oh God. North Americans can't do humour! Why did she start the chat? How do I get out of it? Do I just stop replying? No, that's rude! Stupid excuse? OH GOD SHE'LL KNOW. When will the torture end. "haha yeah". OH GOD. SAY YOU BETTER GO, AND WISH HER HAPPY CHRISTMAS THEN SIGN THE FUCK OUT ASAP. OH GOD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Anything I'm at home alone and I turn Today FM on in the kitchen, my parents come home and turn on radio one to an uncomfortably loud volume. Because "those eijits are on today fm that blow the horns..." ?

Small thing but it annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Flat coke. Especially when you're excited >.<

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Anything I'm at home alone and I turn Today FM on in the kitchen, my parents come home and turn on radio one to an uncomfortably loud volume. Because "those eijits are on today fm that blow the horns..." ?

Small thing but it annoys me.
    Are "those eijits are on today fm that blow the horns..." Ray Foley's Ah, Ya, Ok quiz?

Advertisement