Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

When people use "obviously" as an empty word. Happens a lot when you're watching British TV shows but it seems to be creeping in more and more here. >.<
    And when people misuse the word "literally." Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

And when people misuse the word "literally." Ugh.
    literally.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Watching TV earlier, heard the phrase "He literally beat the **** out of you".

Not a pleasant image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Are "those eijits are on today fm that blow the horns..." Ray Foley's Ah, Ya, Ok quiz?
    He's been doing that since the days when I listened to his show every night. in 6th class. It's really not funny anymore...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭Adriatic

Being handed someone elses hair brush to use and it having someone else's hair in it, and somebody who says: naturally, as you do, in fairness, clearly and other words/phrases after something is said that completely dissolves the conversation and it is an also an attempt by that person to make them appear they know it all more than you ever will. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

When you see a delicious apple tart sitting on your plate but one bite reveals it to be a disgusting mince pie imposter. Bleurgh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Monzo wrote: »
    When you see a delicious apple tart sitting on your plate but one bite reveals it to be a disgusting mince pie imposter. Bleurgh.
    Mince pies in general are a hate of mine.If there was actual mince in it it might be okay, what is this weird lumpy crap they put in it and why does it taste like it came from a cat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Mince pies in general are a hate of mine.If there was actual mince in it it might be okay, what is this weird lumpy crap they put in it and why does it taste like it came from a cat?

Ewww. Actual mince in a pie? *shudder* I don't get the whole putting meat in pastry thing. Uck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

People who knock into you and don't apologise. Some guy sent me flying today in HMV, thankfully my boyfriend caught, but it would have been a nasty fall if he didn't. Meanwhile the guy who did it just kept walking and didn't apologise. I just can't understand this, no matter how slightly I bump into someone I always apologise, hell I even do to manikins sometimes. So I just don't get how a middle aged man who nearly completely destroys someone wouldn't apologise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Kanye West makes me want to punch someone... hard... in the face.

Hate that gay fish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Kanye West makes me want to punch someone... hard... in the face.

Hate that gay fish.

I agree 50%.
    I like his music. A lot.
    I hate Kanye West. A lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Colm! wrote: »
    I agree 50%.
    I like his music. A lot.

I know what you mean. Every time I hear his music I hate it immediately on principle but find myself singing it later on (Jesus Walks gets stuck in my head for days). I can still hate him as an artist though because he is unbelievably **** live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

<snip>

Keep it clean folks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Colm! wrote: »
    I like his music. A lot.

There are quite a few people I could substitute in there for Kanye West (whose music I've never particularly liked): Lou Reed, Billy Corgan, Courtney Love, Prince and Kings of Leon (and Bono, to a lesser extent) are just a few of those that come to mind.

There's always the internal conflict when a despicable/arrogant/irritating musician makes great music - do you love them or hate them?

And then there are nice/cool/funny people out there whose music is simply atrocious (Michael Bublé/Josh Groban/Katie Melua)

Bah. Why can't good musicians be good people and bad musicians be bad people? It would make everything much easier.

Actually no, scrap that. You now what the worst feeling in the world is? Knowing that someone you love is going through something excruciatingly difficult and painful and not being able to do a single thing to make it better. Realising that there are so many shít things that happen and they can't be fixed no matter what anyone says or does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

People posting complete and utter ****e on here about others.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Every single status on facebook being about the New Year, so fcuking annoying.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

When you want to find out some stalking-y information but theres no possible way of doing so, for the time being atleast :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I don't like it when people point out how you used the wrong "There" or "Your" homophone. I know the difference, I just made a mistake decided it wasn't spelled that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I hate it when Dominoes closes at 8 PM and I want food at 10 PM...

I hate it when people are late ¬_¬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

When channels like TV3 show programmes like 'top ten celebrity diets'. God, **** off, I don't care! Show something decent please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Alan Shearer. I gave up caring about Match of the Day and football in general years ago but the guy's voice is so monotonously dull that it annoys me to the point that I have to wear headphones and listen to some music to drown him out. His smugness isn't endearing at all either.

The custom of leaving Christmas decorations up until January 6th. Ugh, it's overrrrrrr. Move on until next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Monzo wrote: »
    Alan Shearer. I gave up caring about Match of the Day and football in general years ago but the guy's voice is so monotonously dull that it annoys me to the point that I have to wear headphones and listen to some music to drown him out. His smugness isn't endearing at all either.

There's a story that when Blackburn won the title in '95, to celebrate he....went home and painted his bathroom. The man not only lives on the edge, but has invested in real estate there.

My pet hate is my house. After 2 o' clock it starts to make strange noises that worry me to bed. And I'm usually a pretty cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

When channels like TV3 show programmes like 'top ten celebrity diets'. God, **** off, I don't care! Show something decent please.

TV3 in general is a major dislike of mine. Im sure you have good cause to like them seeing as they show the X Factor but there isnt a single programme on the channel that I enjoy.

TV3 in general is a major dislike of mine. Im sure you have good cause to like them seeing as they show the X Factor but there isnt a single programme on the channel that I enjoy.

i love supernanny!!! :) god, i hate kids..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    i love supernanny!!! :) god, i hate kids..

Is that not c4? Actually now that I think about I watch GAA matches on tv3 but I dont like their coverage as much as RTEs.

• Advertisement

Is that not c4? Actually now that I think about I watch GAA matches on tv3 but I dont like their coverage as much as RTEs.

no it's on early in the mornings :) i also get my daily dish off xpose on tv3. Is it just me or has glenda gilson been working out lately?! PHWOAR.

Advertisement