Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

The words "awesome" and "epic", especially as they are often used when the word "grand" would suffice.
    That sounds a bit like saying people shouldn't use the words "Brilliant" and "fantastic" when the "good" could be used.
    People thinking they're cool because they do weed. I blame Skins for this.
    People thought smoking weed was cool way before Skins came along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I had never even heard of drugs before Skins...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I had never heard of drugs until I watched Pulp Fiction at a very young age.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭wurzlitzer

people who eat an apple in a quiet office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Why do people always say 'maybe attending' to events on facebook instead of being to the point and saying 'Sorry I cant make it'? Drives me soft so it does.

I'll put my hand up for this, I'm a flake of epic proportions and the way my life is I genuinely never know if I'll go or not.I've used the excuse "I've a cow calving" before not even joking and half the time I'm either wrecked or just not in the mood to go to something,grouchy old b*stard that I am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

Lawliet wrote: »
    That sounds a bit like saying people shouldn't use the words "Brilliant" and "fantastic" when the "good" could be used.

People thought smoking weed was cool way before Skins came along

I meant people use the words constantly and to describe boring things. Is it really awesome?
    And a lot of my friends try to emulate Skins and the drug and alcohol lifestyle portrayed in it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

People who give a running commentary on a tv show or movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭EverybodyLies

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    People who give a running commentary on a tv show or movie!

I do that sometimes. :o

I raise you people who give running commentaries on everything! My dad gives running commentaries on the rides at Disneyland and everything. Ruins it! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

I'll admit it: I really don't like Sudoku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The words "awesome" and "epic", especially as they are often used when the word "grand" would suffice.

Epic is horribly misused anyway tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

MavisDavis wrote: »
    but but but but why???? its so perfect in soo many ways :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

What's the best piece of advice you were ever given?

Best compliment you've ever received?

5 things you like about yourself?

Languages you'd love to learn to speak?

Any fears/phobias?

Any interest in politics?

Are you ticklish?

What do you do when you need cheering up?

Pet peeves?

Guilty pleasures?

Bottled water,yay or nay?

Proudest achievements?

Best "mistake" you've ever made?

What inspires you?

How would your friends describe you?

Do you dream in colour?

Favourite thing about college?

Least favourite thing about college?

If you could go back and do the whole CAO thing again would you do it any differently?

:)

Yeah, I hate those questions too :confused::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Namlub wrote: »
    Yeah, I hate those questions too :confused::p

;)

I hate it when I'm not wearing my glasses and post things in the wrong thread! :p

MavisDavis wrote: »

Killer Su Doku isn't bad. Any other Su Doku is a bit boring.

I hate Rihanna's latest single. It makes me feel like it's the only single in the world, the way they play it all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭wurzlitzer

What I hate the most....

is when something bad happens and people say

"these things happen for a reason"

What reason !:mad: please tell me it would really make me feel better!

Just don't understand...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

When Irish people say "bloke" and "shag". Thankfully it seems to be confined to this website.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

My pet hate atm, is this new breed of teenagers who think it's cool to not believe in love and look down on anyone in a semi serious relationship or claims to have been in love.

*stands up* My name is Danielle and I believe in love *Runs and hides from mob of teenagers screaming "down with love!!"*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

My pet hate atm, is this new breed of teenagers who think it's cool to not believe in love and look down on anyone in a semi serious relationship or claims to have been in love.

*stands up* My name is Danielle and I believe in love *Runs and hides from mob of teenagers screaming "down with love!!"*

Your gay

Awh biys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Aw bless, a new little troll. Seems cute. Can we pet him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Well I'm not feeding him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think I'll call him Jigglypuff. He'll like that, the little scamp. Until we stop feeding him, that is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

jugger0 infracted + banned for 1 week

*coughs*

Right folks, nothing to see here. Carry on....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

DOWN WITH THAT SORTA THING

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

People, in general, who misspell "you're" as "your".

Everytime somebody says "your x" I always mentally think "What about my x" - that's what I get for reading After Hours :P

Also, that depressing moment when you press on a youtube video on boards to see "Embedding disabled by request" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I hate stupid girls who clearly have nothing going on inside their heads and drop dead when a male comes near them. Yesterday I was queuing for an event and these promotion guys came out. They were around my age and relatively good looking but like normal. Well the girls around me nearly climbed over themselves to get leaflets off them or to talk to them. Oh the flirting was so cringe worthy. Like these guys are doing a job, they more than like don't give a damn about a million dopey looking doses with awful peroxide hair and some the worst make up ever who are just stupid. Ugh I hate girls so much sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

What really gets me is when you are really tired and can't keep your eyes open while watching tv/reading and you go to bed but then you are wide awake ! Grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

People, in general, who misspell "you're" as "your".

Everytime somebody says "your x" I always mentally think "What about my x" - that's what I get for reading After Hours :P

I really really REALLY hate this too! I don't just think it, I say it back to them as in:
    Person: " Your silly"
    Me: "I own a silly?"
    'Cos I really really hate it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Well I'm not feeding him.

I lolled at this. gg

Advertisement