Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I posted this in Ranting and Raving so I thought I'd post it in here as well.
    I like to think that I am generally a calm person. However, I have to say that people who say "I knew them before they wore famous" when talking about a band really drives me up the wall.

The sentence itself smells of hipster bull**** :mad:

The fact that people who say this thinks that they're a greater/better/truer* fan of a band than anyone else just makes me want to push them off a cliff. :)

Sorry if this was already posted.

* This is what I was was told by people when you know a band before they got famous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I hated those people before it was popular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Davidius wrote: »
    Not only do I hate hugs, I also hate seeing other people hug. Pure evil so it is.
    Hugging / being hugged is good.

Being suddenly hugged by an unknown pretty girl in a swimsuit when you're 15, and you've just climbed out of the sea wearing nothing but a pair of shorts, is not good.

Having your mother call out "Oh, Randy, I see you've met your American cousin!" just as you see her eyes widen, and know that she has become uncomfortably aware of why you are blushing like a loon is even more "not good"!

Thank you for reviving that memory which I've spent years trying to bury, Davidius! >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Davidius wrote: »
    Not only do I hate hugs, I also hate seeing other people hug. Pure evil so it is.

I love hugs, I mean really really love them. But I really hate them if I don't know the person. I'm not big on the bodily contact with people I'm not that familiar with. Like, why would you rest your hand on someone's shoulder if you don't really know them? Or put your arm around their shoulder? Its just creepy.

Though I admit that sometimes hugs with unfamiliar people are okay, if I'm in that kind of mood but that's rare. Or if they say they give the best hugs in the world, then you just need to experience it so you can tell them they are wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

The awkward moment when you feel you must be missing something as to why the phrase "The awkward moment when" must be used in every single face book group. :confused:

I just don't know why it is so funny or where it even came from...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

illiop wrote: »
    The awkward moment when you feel you must be missing something as to why the phrase "The awkward moment when" must be used in every single face book group. :confused:

The awkward moment when someone says "the awkward moment when" in real life conversation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

illiop wrote: »

The awkward moment when you don't know what to say in a post on a forum. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

When drivers leave their fog lights on even though there is no fog, or a fog so harmless that the lights serve no purpose except to blind the driver behind them..makes me see red. Bright, glaring red....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I hate having to pay into nightclubs. I know many of you will think that this like complaining about having to pay for your pint or pay for your taxi but theres a reason I hate it- clubs in Galway are usually free in or maybe 2 euro in. When I see clubs charging a tenner in I wonder why anybody would go to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I hate having to pay into nightclubs. I know many of you will think that this like complaining about having to pay for your pint or pay for your taxi but theres a reason I hate it- clubs in Galway are usually free in or maybe 2 euro in. When I see clubs charging a tenner in I wonder why anybody would go to them.

Haha I'm the same, Galway has spoilt us :D Although Karma and CP's seem to charge most nights now, at least its only been €2.

• Advertisement

Haha I'm the same, Galway has spoilt us :D Although Karma and CP's seem to charge most nights now, at least its only been €2.

CPs were always a bit up themselves but Im not liking Karma getting the same attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I know many of you will think that this like complaining about having to pay for your pint or pay for your taxi

I don't see why people would think that.
    When I pay for a pint I get a product, when I pay for a taxi I get a service.
    When I pay into a club (and tbf I've only done so a couple of times in my life) I get nothing for it, but entrance to somewhere that's no better than many free places, and in a lot of places more expensive for drinks too.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I don't see why people would think that.
    When I pay for a pint I get a product, when I pay for a taxi I get a service.
    When I pay into a club (and tbf I've only done so a couple of times in my life) I get nothing for it, but entrance to somewhere that's no better than many free places, and in a lot of places more expensive for drinks too.

You're 100% right. Unfortunately paying into clubs seems to be an accepted practice in society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I hate people who are so stuck up themselves that they don't take the time to notice what kind of problems they have with themselves.

eg: Criticising peoples' spelling, grammar, etc. Like I'd understand if it was something major along the lines of "omnggg dyu her wa sh sd bou i??" but like something along the lines of "Omg did ye hear what she said? Imma go mad". Like it's not hard to comprehend what the second one says unless you're clearly retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I hate people who are so stuck up themselves that they don't take the time to notice what kind of problems they have with themselves.

eg: Criticising peoples' spelling, grammar, etc. Like I'd understand if it was something major along the lines of "omnggg dyu her wa sh sd bou i??" but like something along the lines of "Omg did ye hear what she said? Imma go mad". Like it's not hard to comprehend what the second one says unless you're clearly retarded.
    This so much. Anyone who picks on someone's spelling and grammar when what they've written is perfectly readable is just automatically a dickhead in my book. Especially when it's done during a debate/argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Lawliet wrote: »
    This so much. Anyone who picks on someone's spelling and grammar when what they've written is perfectly readable is just automatically a dickhead in my book. Especially when it's done during a debate/argument.

Exactly. I seriously don't understand it. Some people just seem to do it for the sake of trying to put other people down like. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Exact same :D won't go anywhere that charges in unless it's a birthday or something. Waterford has spoilt me!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tends to be unavoidable in Limerick, unfortunately. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

I can't stand texting abbreviations like "der", "dat", "hu". I cringe every time I see them because does it really take that long to type "there"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I can't stand texting abbreviations like "der", "dat", "hu". I cringe every time I see them because does it really take that long to type "there"?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭cucbuc

Yes.

No.

Tends to be unavoidable in Limerick, unfortunately. :/

I've only been out there twice and yeah I had to pay in both times..... Club K were charging in last night here in Gaillimh but with an uncharacteristic act of charm I convinced one of the girls working for them to give me and my friends free passes in. Unfortunately I forgot that several of them were yet to arrive and didn't get them passes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

My pet hates smart arses.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

I hate how Facebook chat has taken away cyber-hugs,sighs etc. I want to comfort someone with a cuddly *hug* not come accross angry and slightly cave-man-ish with a not so comforting hug . Thanks for that, Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Student politics.

bythewoods wrote: »
    Student politics.

SU elections are coming up again.... Let the candidate who can hand out the most lollipops win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

http://www.227562.likerite.com/

Please, please, just go die in a hole!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Jackobyte wrote: »
    http://www.227562.likerite.com/

Please, please, just go die in a hole!

I'm pretty sure they're piss-takes tbh.

Unless you're annoyed by that...in which case, rant on!

• Advertisement

Slow Show wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they're piss-takes tbh.

Unless you're annoyed by that...in which case, rant on!
    They are piss takes, but they still annoy me when they keep popping up in my feed.

Advertisement