Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Or when chocolate biscuit cake has raisons in it. It's not called chocolate biscuit AND RAISON cake, IS IT?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I love chocolate biscuit cake with raisins in it! :(

(When it's made right, which it often isn't!)

And I hate brownies with nuts in!

I'm obviously weird!

*cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Drivers who do not understand the purpose of an indicator.

Road rage.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Drivers who do not understand the purpose of an indicator.

Road rage.... :D

:D Driving pet hates? Excellent...

People who can't use roundabouts.
    People who unnecessarily drive about 40kph lower than the speed limit.
    People who speed up when you're overtaking them (grrr).
    Idiots who pull out in front of you from a side road and then don't bother to get up to the speed of the road.

There are gazillions more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

People who are needlessly stupid.
    People who are ignorant.
    People who think they're better than everybody else.
    People who talk through movies.

To name but a few...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Hate it when I think I'm charging my laptop but the charger isn't actually plugged in or the switch isn't down or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

My pet hates dogs. Probably because he's a cat.

People who don't cover their mouth when burping/sneezing really annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I'm a cyclist and my pet hate is cyclist cutting red lights, wanna roar at them It's A RED F***ing red light!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Skintwin wrote: »
    People who are needlessly stupid.
    People who are ignorant.
    People who think they're better than everybody else.

I can think of several people who fit all three ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

When there's an embarrassing picture of someone on Facebook and the uploader decides it'll be hilarious and original to tag half of their friends in it. No picture of me has been subjected to this, but I hate when I get tagged in one and keep getting notifications of people saying 'looking well ;)' 'is that....hahahahaha it is *insert name here*' and 'OMG THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING DELETE'. At this point I untag myself and hope it never happens again.

Ughhhhhh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

People who wear cowboy hats. Well, it's mainly just one person who wears one but she has made me hate them for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Facebook friend politics. It's a really stupid thing to get annoyed about but it sometimes feels really bad when people remove you as a friend.

Now I'm not talking about those people on your friends list who you went to school with but never particularly liked and were never actually friends with. Or people you may have spontaneously (i.e. drunkenly) added after meeting them like once ever. The whole "friend cull" is totally understandable in that case.

But it's the case where you lost touch with someone and haven't seen them for ages but still think highly of them....when those people just remove you without any explanation, it can hurt a little. :( I know it's only facebook and people will tell me to get over it or whatever but it's not nice feeling like you've been removed from someone's life who you once thought really highly of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I was under the impression that the number of friends you had was to improve the size of your e-peen. In that context the act of removing a bunch of friends seems like a response to medical condition or a symptom of a psychological disorder.

Facebook friend politics. It's a really stupid thing to get annoyed about but it sometimes feels really bad when people remove you as a friend.

Now I'm not talking about those people on your friends list who you went to school with but never particularly liked and were never actually friends with. Or people you may have spontaneously (i.e. drunkenly) added after meeting them like once ever. The whole "friend cull" is totally understandable in that case.

But it's the case where you lost touch with someone and haven't seen them for ages but still think highly of them....when those people just remove you without any explanation, it can hurt a little. :( I know it's only facebook and people will tell me to get over it or whatever but it's not nice feeling like you've been removed from someone's life who you once thought really highly of.

Since I would be in the 'random strangers from the internet' category, you didn't mind being an unfortunate victim of my friend cull, right? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Since I would be in the 'random strangers from the internet' category, you didn't mind being an unfortunate victim of my friend cull, right? :/

Haha. No you're grand, don't worry. :p Like I said, I wasn't on about people I barely know.

Tbh I'm regretting posting that now as it probably makes me sound a bit pathetic. I had one particular person in mind, and they'll never see or read that post. So yeah.....bit of a pointless rant, really.

Tbh I'm regretting posting that now as it probably makes me sound a bit pathetic. I had one particular person in mind, and they'll never see or read that post. So yeah.....bit of a pointless rant, really.

If it makes you feel better then why not post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Two-faced bitches :(

It really put a downer on the end of 6th year:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Ally7 wrote: »
    People who wear cowboy hats.

Lol, I wore one in a practice round before a national on friday :D

It had caption morgans printed on the side of it :P

dont think ive ever had so many funny looks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Slow Show wrote: »
    When there's an embarrassing picture of someone on Facebook and the uploader decides it'll be hilarious and original to tag half of their friends in it. No picture of me has been subjected to this, but I hate when I get tagged in one and keep getting notifications of people saying 'looking well ;)' 'is that....hahahahaha it is *insert name here*' and 'OMG THIS IS SO EMBARRASSING DELETE'. At this point I untag myself and hope it never happens again.

Ughhhhhh.

I just hate people who put up embarrassing pictures in general, they have no problem putting up photos of their friends looking like a mess, but surprisingly they always seem to forget to upload any bad pictures of themselves :rolleyes:

People who give a running commentary on tv shows or movies. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I hate hate hate films that put the credits at the start of the film

YUDODAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

People saying they know nothing about an exam then write till they're made stop. YULIE? It's not like people care that you've actually worked for something. Idiot >_< /rant
    *it happened today and i wanted to punch the girl in the face to top it off she got 540 in the mocks -.-*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

marko93 wrote: »
    People saying they know nothing about an exam then write till they're made stop. YULIE? It's not like people care that you've actually worked for something. Idiot >_< /rant
    *it happened today and i wanted to punch the girl in the face to top it off she got 540 in the mocks -.-*

Maybe she just doesn't believe in herself and her learning abilities.....

If I see one more Facebook status complaining about English in grammatically poor English I'm going to have a freak out. How can people expect to do well if they can't even spell or put a proper sentence together? OH GOD THESE PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY LEAVING SCHOOL. Quoted from my newsfeed: 'Paperrr 2 Tomorow ! Wee Betta All Doo Good ! XoXoX !' Die bitch, die.

ohthebaby wrote: »

If I see one more Facebook status complaining about English in grammatically poor English I'm going to have a freak out. How can people expect to do well if they can't even spell or put a proper sentence together? OH GOD THESE PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY LEAVING SCHOOL. Quoted from my newsfeed: 'Paperrr 2 Tomorow ! Wee Betta All Doo Good ! XoXoX !' Die bitch, die.
    540 in the mocks begs to differ. Said the exact same thing in the mocks and wrote like there was no tomorrow, i know the people in my class, and i know all of their abilities. That's why it does my bloody head in! If she was stupid or ill prepared i'd understand but i know for a bloody fact she isnt.
    That's why it annoys me
    /rant

I also agree with the thing about the poor English! It's a terrible sight. Thank fook my facebook is blocked :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Poor old Soccy..

>_> :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I don't understand why people get so pressed about how much everyone else has or hasn't studied tbh, it doesn't affect you. Better to downplay how much you've studied and end up doing well than say you know everything and end up looking like an idiot, though I don't really sit in exams paying attention to how much other people are writing anyway...

Namlub wrote: »
    I don't understand why people get so pressed about how much everyone else has or hasn't studied tbh, it doesn't affect you. Better to downplay how much you've studied and end up doing well than say you know everything and end up looking like an idiot, though I don't really sit in exams paying attention to how much other people are writing anyway...
    I know it doesent affect me. It's irritating to hear smart people go on about how little they know and denying any studying because they want to "act" cool. Everyones different and deals with things differently, thats just my pet hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I know it doesent affect me. It's irritating to hear smart people go on about how little they know and denying any studying because they want to "act" cool. Everyones different and deals with things differently, thats just my pet hate.

Smart people don't always think they're smart............. They're allowed to have a freak out before exams too. It's not always to look cool. And anyway I wouldn't call somebody who knows nothing for their exams cool, I'd call them lazy. Just cos you've done well in the mocks doesn't automatically entitle you to do well again. Hating on the smart kids is a pet hate of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Bit of a generalisation all the same, I'm one of those people who gets by well enough without having to study much, partly because I have a good memory and partly because I like nearly everything so it makes it easier...I still get worried before big tests because I always know there was a hell of a lot more that I could have done. Aaand I did well in the mocks and whenever I say I'm gonna do crappy in something in the real thing everyone is like 'yeah right' and that actually really irritates me. So yeah, that attitude is my pet hate.

• Advertisement

Smart people don't always think they're smart............. They're allowed to have a freak out before exams too. It's not always to look cool. And anyway I wouldn't call somebody who knows nothing for their exams cool, I'd call them lazy. Just cos you've done well in the mocks doesn't automatically entitle you to do well again. Hating on the smart kids is a pet hate of mine.
    Of course they are, but this one person knows shes well. People who dont think they will preform well dont only have UCD or TCD on their CAO.
    I'm not hating on smart kids, I just dont think when someone knows they're capable and obviously is has any reason to complain to everyone about how 'little' they know.
    Slow Show wrote: »
    Bit of a generalisation all the same, I'm one of those people who gets by well enough without having to study much, partly because I have a good memory and partly because I like nearly everything so it makes it easier...I still get worried before big tests because I always know there was a hell of a lot more that I could have done. Aaand I did well in the mocks and whenever I say I'm gonna do crappy in something in the real thing everyone is like 'yeah right' and that actually really irritates me. So yeah, that attitude is my pet hate.
    I dont have that attitude towards people. Just a specific person. I aint hating on anyone but her.
    She says it for every exam and comes out with a top result.
    Thats my pet hate.
    I'm allowed have an opinion, sorry if i offended any of you though.

Advertisement