Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

GunRunner wrote: »
    I was saying that mods tend to get away with more than regular users. I've seen people get banned for "lighthearted remarks" on boards before.
    From my experience of boards, I do think that mods tend to get away with more than ordinary members

This. Very true.

Not in C&H though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Not in C&H though.

Nice save. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

No, I was just saying that your comment seemed as though it was meant to belittle me. Maybe that wasn't so, but tats how it seemed to me. I was saying that mods tend to get away with more than regular users. I've seen people get banned for "lighthearted remarks" on boards before. It wasn't meant as an attack on you, and I'm genuinely sorry if it seemed that way. From my experience of boards, I do think that mods tend to get away with more than ordinary members, but I wasn't accusing you of abusing the rules, so I do not agree that I was being immature.
    Sorry if my comment came across wrong as well, that's the problem with text some things come across as bitchier than intended.
    I know some forums are pretty strict and mods can act like dicks, but I like to think that this place is fairly laid back, even if that does sound a bit like I'm say...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 GunRunner

Lawliet wrote: »
    Sorry if my comment came across wrong as well, that's the problem with text some things come across as bitchier than intended.
    I know some forums are pretty strict and mods can act like dicks, but I like to think that this place is fairly laid back, even if that does sound a bit like I'm say...

It's grand. :) I agree, although I'm not very familiar with this forum, it does seem a lot fairer than some of the others.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's grand. :) I agree, although I'm not very familiar with this forum, it does seem a lot fairer than some of the others.

My legacy is intact. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

My legacy is intact. :cool:
    The C&H mods still have to wear weird hats? :p

Hate tha'! *

* Mild attempt to get back on topic ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I hate sh!t mcflurry makers. Good mcflurry maker people are a rare breed it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

"OMG that's sooo random"

When people say this or something similar it's like nails on a chalkboard! Your day wasn't random, the fact that you saw your friend in town wasn't random, saying something like "amazeballs" isn't random and your night out in town wasn't random in fact it was planned and thought out, which is, in fact, the opposite of random. :mad:

/rant :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I dislike the way that 'best of' lists hate December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

The word banter or any of its variations

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

The expression, "Bud", as in "All right Bud" et cetera. In a word; awfull. :o

When someone say "It doesn't feel a bit like Christmas". I hear it every Christmas, even when it's non-stop Christmas songs on the radio, decorations EVERYWHERE, and a Santy on every street corner (ok I'm exaggerating here, but you know what I mean!). ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

DustyMan wrote: »
    When someone say "It doesn't feel a bit like Christmas". I hear it every Christmas, even when it's non-stop Christmas songs on the radio, decorations EVERYWHERE, and a Santy on every street corner (ok I'm exaggerating here, but you know what I mean!). ;-)
    What they mean is, "It doesn't feel like Christmas did when I was a kid" because no amount of Christmas songs and decorations will make up for the fact that they're old and cynical now.

Lawliet wrote: »
    What they mean is, "It doesn't feel like Christmas did when I was a kid" because no amount of Christmas songs and decorations will make up for the fact that they're old and cynical now.

Yes true. The thought just crossed my mind that maybe I'm becoming old and cynical! :(:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The phrase "A man has a _____" or it's derivatives, including "A man won't ____", "A woman will ____", etc, which seem to be popping up on my Facebook newsfeed far too often...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I hate the fact that there are people who take pictures of food they just bought. It doesn't make sense. People who do this are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

The human race in general to be honest... oh well except for all you guys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Queuing to get on a bus, completely blocking those getting off. I've now resorted to plowing straight through the middle of the pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

When Americans (or anyone else, but mostly Americans, American celebrities at that) say to people they barley know 'Love you guys!' :mad: Love is not a word to just throw around Goddammit! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Calendars which start each week on a Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

People with egos who think whatever they say or do actually matters.
    Good luck to you in another year or few when you realise nobody gives a shit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

People who wear Ramones t-shirts, I wouldnt mind if it was a genuine fan obviously but theres just so many people who wear these to look "different" purely because they're in every Dunnes Stores/Penneys in the country..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I was actually going to make a post about Ramones shirts eventually. They're EVERYWHERE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Colm! wrote: »
    I was actually going to make a post about Ramones shirts eventually. They're EVERYWHERE

One day I'm gonna strike up a conversation about how they feel regarding the conflict which existed between Johnny and Joey and they're gonna be like "Derp"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Someone gave me a Ramones t-shirt as a gift. Luckily I do enjoy the band and their influence. Singing "Beat On The Brat" out loud isn't recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

People who call me a hipster because of my music taste and my genuine hatred for almost anything in the charts, I just don't like it god dammit leave me be!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

People who call me a hipster because of my music taste and my genuine hatred for almost anything in the charts, I just don't like it god dammit leave me be!!

Well.. You used to like it.. Before it was cool :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Those disgusting "like if u h8 cancer so we can changE da wurld bcoz 100k likes can halp" posts on Facebook. Because liking a bloody status really makes a difference. IF YOU'RE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT IT WHY DON'T YOU DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY YOU BIG POOP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

tr0llface wrote: »
    Those disgusting "like if u h8 cancer so we can changE da wurld bcoz 100k likes can halp" posts on Facebook. Because liking a bloody status really makes a difference. IF YOU'RE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT IT WHY DON'T YOU DONATE MONEY TO CHARITY YOU BIG POOP

I posted a comment of a similar nature on a "friend's" status once. Saying that the status was idiotic and served no purpose, and that if they actually cared there was any number of charities who would be only too glad to accept their volunteer work or donations.

I got attacked and was told "u mst like cancer so u dickhead if u tink this status is stupid".

Insta-block.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I posted a comment of a similar nature on a "friend's" status once. Saying that the status was idiotic and served no purpose, and that if they actually cared there was any number of charities who would be only too glad to accept their volunteer work or donations.

I got attacked and was told "u mst like cancer so u dickhead if u tink this status is stupid".

Insta-block.

+ 1 million, Because posting a ridiculous status looking for likes is going to make a difference, then when someone points it out to them they come to the logical conclusion that said person is an evil menace promoting cancer.....*sigh*

Advertisement