Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Options
1424344454648»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭ShatterResistant

Bread that rips.

Slow internet.

The Irish Independent.

The Sunday Independent.

Tabloids in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Bread that rips.

Slow internet.

The Irish Independent.

The Sunday Independent.

Tabloids in general.

Your bread farts? you should really stay away from Aldi/Lidl branded foods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

People putting question marks at the end of statements.

Eg. I didn't say that?

That's a statement. Not a question. How in the name of f*ck can you mix up questions marks and full stops? The hint is in the name - question mark goes after a question!

>_<

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Togepi wrote: »
    People putting question marks at the end of statements.

Eg. I didn't say that?

That's a statement. Not a question. How in the name of f*ck can you mix up questions marks and full stops? The hint is in the name - question mark goes after a question!

>_<

I always read those things in a stereotype D4 accent.

"Uhhh, I didn't say that loooike?"

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I always read those things in a stereotype D4 accent.

"Uhhh, I didn't say that loooike?"

I just, I just don't know how to read them.

Does. Not. Compute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

Smoking. Just what the ****. My Granddad has smoked for around 60 years now, he has all sorts of problems with his lungs. I go down and see him sometimes and he can barely breathe and it's so hard to watch. It's amazing that he's still alive really. Myself and my older brother and sister have witnessed this throughout our childhoods. And yet both of them smoke too. I can't get my head around it. It's so ****ing stupid. But it's okay cos they "only smoke when they're out". That's a load of **** as well. What sense does that make? And "out" doesn't even mean like out on the town. It pretty much means any time they're with a friend who smokes. Which is almost every ****ing day at this rate. Then I'm talking to my friend John the other day and he says "I'm thinking of taking up smoking". What an utter twat. I told him how stupid he was but he didn't care. He told me about some friend of his who always looks so cool when he smokes. I bet he'll look cool when he's breathing through a tube in 50 years. I cannot understand for the life of me why people start smoking. I smoked once. It didn't taste very nice. My friend said "it gets nicer after a few". Why the **** would I smoke more? Smoking is honestly the most ****ed up thing one can start doing. I'm sure this is gonna be read by some smokers and it'll probably offend some people but I don't care, you're all ****ing idiots.

/rant

It annoys me when people say "I'm never drinking again." when they clearly don't mean it and inevitably end up drinking within a week or so of coming out with the statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

The way boards has this 'above everyone else' feel to it. I'm not trolling by the way, I am a fan of it but if people on boards are giving out to my for stupidly doing things when drunk or running around estates like a mad man it's not on. Let people do there own thing and don't be btiching about them...
    Also people who love boards so much that they have no life. If you only love people that you never met it's a sad state of affairs. Get out a bit more, let loose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Everything about Niall Horan....except his hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

The way boards has this 'above everyone else' feel to it. I'm not trolling by the way, I am a fan of it but if people on boards are giving out to my for stupidly doing things when drunk or running around estates like a mad man it's not on. Let people do there own thing and don't be btiching about them...
    Also people who love boards so much that they have no life. If you only love people that you never met it's a sad state of affairs. Get out a bit more, let loose!

Hey man, let people do their own thing and don't be btiching!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Football training at 11am on a Sunday morning!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

STYROFOAM.

Urgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Slow walkers that take up the path that so you can't get past them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Slow walkers that take up the path that so you can't get past them.

And large groups of people who walk 5 abreast and don't move out of the way.

And those obnoxious twats that stand in a big huddle in the middle of a busy path. (which anyone in UL will know is a particular issue between the Library and SU :mad:)

A great man once said: "BASTARDS!" - Palytoxin, 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Jacks Smirking Revenge

Hearing "oh you look like (insert pop-stars name here)"

There is nothing more degrading than being called a Jonas Brother lookalike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    And large groups of people who walk 5 abreast and don't move out of the way.

And those obnoxious twats that stand in a big huddle in the middle of a busy path.
    Also those people who walk really slowly and always get in front of you so you have to step on the road to get past

Hearing "oh you look like (insert pop-stars name here)"

There is nothing more degrading than being called a Jonas Brother lookalike.

Oh ye what a total insult :rolleyes:

When someone says 'oh they aren't my type' about someone who if that person gave them a second look they would go weak at the knees.

People who upload pictures of their food in Nandos/the counter etc. Ok once or twice but everytime you go out? Chillllaaax.

The Ladies Lounge on here. LMAO I seen in a thread on there that the general concesus was that kilts that scottish people wear should be worn more often by men. Its like the girls in there are the type of girls that don't actually exist in everyday life. Seriously a kilt!!!

Gaz and Charlotte from Geordie Shore! Terrible people.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

people with buggies in Pennys
    loud eaters
    loud eaters with chewing gum
    people who scrape their plate repeatedly with their knife and fork
    Loud people on public transport
    People listening to iPod/mp3 for the whole bus to hear
    Excessive text speak
    When people skip queues
    When people don't cover their nose when sneezing or mouth when coughing
    When people are too busy stretching their arm with their camera/phone and screaming at a concert to actually enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Excedion

People who insist on talking as loud as possible on a 4 hour coach journey home about the lovely holiday they were just on, 2 hours ago.

Sneakily eating tasty muffins in front of hungry students in the library :(

Saying that you've always been a big fan of something when it becomes popular, so it looks like you were ahead of the curve (and so cool).

"Steeping dishes" - doesn't mean its going to clean itself after 4 days

People who drive up beside each other and roll down the window to chat, holding up traffic.

Pre-teens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

- People that always have to be right no matter what.
    - People that won't listen to your view until you show them the facts.

Advertisement