Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Ah, television.

Teacher. Mother.

Secret lover.

:D:D

I'm more reffering to when people constantly quote the same things over and over though...like talking about TV is grand...but when it is the basis of every conversation it's annoying...try come up with your own jokes! grr!

/pissy mood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Shops that have a radio on as well as a TV with the sound muted. What is the point? Have one or the other on FFS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Something that really annoys me is the amount of 13 years joining groups on facebook like "I'm going to be pissed all summer" or "I love my friend but she is irresponsible with her vagina". Seriously? You're in primary school and you go everywhere with your mum I doubt you're going out to the pub every weekend or that the people you hang around with sleep around.

Also, ungracious people really annoy me. It doesn't take a lot just to say "Thank you". Oh, and if I do do something for you, don't come back to me and complain. I done something nice it's not my fault it didn't turn out right. Go complain to someone else if it really is annoying you but I went out of my way to help you and now you just seem more ungrateful.

Yeah, somethings annoy me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

People who take forever to text back.
    OK, I get it, maybe I'm not the only person you're texting. And If I text you first and you don't text back for a while, I get it, you're busy.
    But when you text me first, and then I don't hear from you for ages and ages, until I stop checking.
    Because of this, I started taking longer to send my texts but screw it, I'm actually really fast at texting, so Imma send my messages fast and be proud :p

Also, people who text you and make no effort whatsoever to keep the conversation going, or just the usual formulaic messages. 'Hey how are you?'...'good you?' ...'good'.
    Erm, OK...?
    I seriously hate boring texters, who are actually fairly interesting IRL.

Ugh, texting in general. Talking IRL ftw :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    People who take forever to text back.
    OK, I get it, maybe I'm not the only person you're texting. And If I text you first and you don't text back for a while, I get it, you're busy.
    But when you text me first, and then I don't hear from you for ages and ages, until I stop checking.
    Because of this, I started taking longer to send my texts but screw it, I'm actually really fast at texting, so Imma send my messages fast and be proud :p

Also, people who text you and make no effort whatsoever to keep the conversation going, or just the usual formulaic messages. 'Hey how are you?'...'good you?' ...'good'.
    Erm, OK...?

Ugh, texting in general. Talking IRL ftw :pac:
    This leads me to people that text you messages like "how are you?"...5 minutes later..."Fine thanks, you?" and you get a lightening reply back. How am I meant to live texting at this pace? Then people are all like "WHAT KEEPS YOU SO LONG TO TEXT?!" :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

You've just reminded me! One of my pet hates is definitely TV. I rarely watch tv anymore and when I am subjected to some of the crap people watch... it's kind of insulting the level of **** they put out for there for us. I'm not gonna lie though, I watch it the odd time if there's a movie on, or for example the Eurovision on Saturday night (:cool:) but a lot of people watch waaaay too much television.

I don't watch television anymore either. Up until a couple of months ago I used to watch Desperate Housewives once a week, but then I lost interest, so unless there's something out of the ordinary on (like the Eurovision, as you mentioned :D) I literally almost never watch tv. Most of my friends are shocked when they hear this! I'm glad though. It's so easy to waste your life watching tv. I spend a lot of time on the internet (maybe as a tv substitute, I don't know) but not watching tv leaves far more time for stuff that I'm actually interested in, like listening to good music, reading books or talking to my friends. If there's a tv show I really like, I'll generally buy the DVD boxset and watch it non-stop!

Anyway, some of my main pet hates include ignorance and prejudice in all its forms, arrogance... and people walking too slowly in front of me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    *cough*Me*Cough*.

I can't make conversation in texts. It just seems so false. I struggle to sustain long conversations that I'd have no bother doing in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

people who say LOL {DIE,DIE in the face, all of you}

people who don't like me saying;fail,epic or awesome,I like how I "chew up the english laguage and spit it out rather than speak it"

people with fictional sexual conquests[I hate that phrase as well].I was out with some old mates of mine a while ago,one of them got a quick kiss from a girl on the dancefloor and spent most of the next day bragging about he pulled in the club; no you didn't sunshine, a girl that I sincerely believe puked in her handbag beforehand gave you a kiss,no one is impressed and you aren't 16 any more.Who do you think you're fooling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I hate when your in a pub/club and your talking to a guy and its completely platonic and then all of a sudden you have a gaggle of girls around you winking at you and nudging you, making stupid comments.

Seriously I don't fancy him. I'm not going to kiss him. Please **** off and stop trying to make things awkward!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

People who think deserve a medal for kissin' girls in clubs.

And people who think they deserve medals in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

People, teenage girls especially (but not exclusively), who speak with American/Mid- Atlantic accents.

YOU'RE NOT FROM FÚCKING CALIFORNIA!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
    It's a sad affair when the television has a more noticeable effect on your speech than the people you actually speak to in real life.

The horrific abuse of the word "epic".
    Actually, abuse of language in general is my pet peeve.

Also, militant atheists and holier-than-thou spiritual types annoy me in equal measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PenguinC

Pet hate...hmm...people burping and not excusing themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Also, militant atheists and holier-than-thou spiritual types annoy me in equal measure.

This.
    Have a few friends who seem to take delight in quashing the beliefs of believers. Now I am far from the holiest of fellows (Dont believe in anything spiritual, wasn't even baptised) but for feck sake let them have their beliefs if they want. This Dawkins-esque school of wankery has to stop.

The horrific abuse of the word "epic".
    Actually, abuse of language in general is my pet peeve.
    :o:o:o

People that believe in intelligent design and who force it onto kids[I mean the extreme american kind,not christianity]I'm not anti-beliefs of any kind,it's not my business
    I mean,I'm all for growing up with faith.I'd probable baptise my kids and teach them the same thing,let them have the choice I had.

but Sarah Palin,you be trippin' balls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

People that believe in intelligent design and who force it onto kids[I mean the extreme american kind,not christianity]

Extreme American kind of Intelligent Design?
    What is the difference between the extreme American belief that God designed organisms and the non-extreme Christian belief that God designed organisms, may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

People who use the self service checkout and they have like ninety items in their trolley, and then they pay in like two euro coins and they buy loads of loose veg and have to find the items in the category and they dont know how to work it so they ask yer wan for help.... AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! ALLL I WANT IS A PACKET OF HARIBO!

The word "belly". *shudder*

Those annoying emo kids around temple bar central bank.*high pitched shrieking* Like ZOMG you guyyysss.... YOURE NOT AMERICAN. JUST OBESE. PUT DOWN THE HAIRSPRAY AND EYELINER AND BACK AWAY FROM IT SLOWLY.

And the Daily Mail or whatever it is with the page three girls. I love how they give them a little opinion box in which "they" talk about current affairs. As if they can read.

OH and the guy who talks on the Bus Eireann buses when the luggage thing opens, MAJOR CULCHIE.
    SHTAND CLEAR, LUGGAGE DOWARES OPERAAYASHING.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Pygmalion wrote: »
    What is the difference between the extreme American belief that God designed organisms and the non-extreme Christian belief that God designed organisms, may I ask?

http://objectiveministries.org/kidz/

good ol' christian way; and god made the world in seven days,wasn't that lovely etc.

Extreme american way; God made the world in seven days,if anyone tells you different they are going to burn in hell for doing the devils work and you along with them, science is a lie and evolution heresy made up by devil worshippers to steal your soul[there is a video with all this stuff,I'll see if I can find it]

One of my Uncles is a christian brother and even he doesn't take it literally, it's not there to be an iron truth,it's a story to help get the point across of god's miracles,big or small. His opinion and I agree with him

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Non extreme: God created the universe. Everything from the Big Bang onwards is exactly as described by your science textbook.

Extreme: The Earth is around 9000 years old, there is no evolution or anything like it. God made everything exactly as it is now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Hmmmm after reading this thread I think it best I never communicate with boardsies IRL...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

good ol' christian way; and god made the world in seven days,wasn't that lovely etc.

Extreme american way; God made the world in seven days,if anyone tells you different they are going to burn in hell for doing the devils work and you along with them, science is a lie and evolution heresy made up by devil worshippers to steal your soul[there is a video with all this stuff,I'll see if I can find it]

One of my Uncles is a christian brother and even he doesn't take it literally, it's not there to be an iron truth,it's a story to help get the point across of god's miracles,big or small. His opinion and I agree with him

Oh I thought you meant the beliefs were different (to a larger extent), you meant the way they're forced onto kids is different (although I suppose that is in part due to the beliefs)

Uggh... to think that my siblings are being indoctrinated in school each day and I'm not allowed to even tell them that there's an alternative, and that it's one that I believe...

Bloody religious society. Bloody parents.

Oh I thought you meant the beliefs were different (to a larger extent), you meant the way they're forced onto kids is different (although I suppose that is in part due to the beliefs)
    oops,sorry about the confusion

another pet hate of mine; I have slightly better communication skills than a trained chimp.I wish I could just get my point across easier

[nothing personal pyggy]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Uggh... to think that my siblings are being indoctrinated in school each day and I'm not allowed to even tell them that there's an alternative, and that it's one that I believe...

Alternative you say!:rolleyes::pac:

DylanS09 wrote: »
    Alternative you say!:rolleyes::pac:

The alternative being lack of religion. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

The alternative being lack of religion. :cool:

Here here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I have no idea who this guy is, all I know is I want him dead...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Yeah...

Now try teaching it :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

<Phatgaykid's Video/>

I have no idea who this guy is, all I know is I want him dead...

NO! That one of my pet hates: people who don't think that guy is adorable! Everytime he goes "Ehum" I melt a little, he's like an ugly puppy: kinda creepy but still so cute!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

To emphasize my already-posted pet hate:

30606_402589318769_107603888769_4145525_7350819_n.jpg

Advertisement