Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Pet Hates.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

[rant]
    I listen to music and I respect people who listen to music. It's an interest of mine and I discuss it at length with people who share that interest. In fact, I give up some time to go down to a local youth café and play music on my laptop there. This isn't me trying to control the place. I was asked to do this, and I do this out of pure kindness. I'm not paid to DJ, nor do I want to be.

But what annoys me, what really annoys me, are people who try to say that I don't listen to good music, even though I really do enjoy what I listen to.
    If I'm playing music, and people are enjoying it, do not grab my laptop and change the song. If you don't like how a few people in the room want to hear "Back in Black" by AC\DC, well, respect the people who ARE enjoying it (besides, four people actually requested that song. I'm not playing it to piss you off). I cover everyone's requests when I play music, but when I'm playing my choices, don't complain about what I'm playing when you're not recommending anything better.

Don't like that I'm playing the Passion Pit remix of Phoenix's 1901? OK, I see, not everyone likes that music. I totally understand. But don't get mad. Don't yell "turn that **** off". Just give me a better idea and I'll run with it. I know that yo mightn't like what I'm playing, but for feck's sake, I don't like having to play N-Dubz or Lady Gaga. (no offence to anyone who listens to them. They're not my thing). I play it anyway. I'm here to entertain you. Calm down.
    [/rant]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

ohthebaby wrote: »
    I'm not trying to start a fight here or turn this into a religion debate but some of the above posts have reminded me of something I was giving out about last weekend. The labelling of the Church as a whole as bad and referring to all priests as paedophiles pisses me off no end. I have grown up around several priests who are some of the kindest, most genuine, lovely and helpful people I know. They cannot do enough to help the people of this parish, be they elderly, grieving after a death or just contributing to community events. I have such respect and admiration for one of them, who has been especially kind to my family, that it makes me so angry when I hear people make such generalisations in the media or among my group of friends. It's just tarring all priests with the one brush. Yes there are the bad ones, and God were they bad, but that doesn't mean every priest is. Some are genuinely lovely men, fulfilling their roles in the way they should.

I get this :)

While I do think the church's part to play in the running of this country is gone, without the church, we'd all be illiterate potato farmers unless you're from the pale (While I am a dub, only one of my grandparents came from Dublin, rest are from Tyrone/Cavan....). So invariably I have some sort of respect for the church.

On the priest thing, I have met some amazing priest's, the Parish my mum is from has had two amazing Parish Priests, who were exceptionally nice men. Current one is quite young too, absolutely lovely man who I have a ridiculous amount of respect for. I have met some absolutely horrible priests though, real fire and brimstone types, but they were really old.........and did I mention horrible? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

I really like my parish priest he's everything you'd want in a priest, philosophical, non-judgemental, devoted, modest, and at mass sometimes quotes U2.

At my uncles wake all the children were in the living room watching Father Ted, he must have heard the cursing from the Kitchen runs down turns off the TV pulls this really angry face (the kids cacked themselves) starts pissing himself laughing, turns the TV back on and goes out for a fag. It was epic!

Plus my mam kinda fancies him which provides endless entertainment!

My pet hate - people with bastardly dispositions. Some people are just assholes no two ways about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Derek mooney. 'nuff said tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

12 year olds who dress like prostitutes and spend their Saturday afternoons sitting outside petrol stations being legends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Business' using the France world-cup cheating thing for marketing...like...seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

jumpguy wrote: »
    Business' using the France world-cup cheating thing for marketing...like...seriously?

Agreed. I freaking hate how they all think we actually still care (or had ever cared in my case) about that whole thing. And then cashing in on that whole thing.

Ffffffffffffflip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Xtra vision have ads saying 'hate football? Watch a dvd instead' and 'love football? Finish off the night with a dvd' or something like that, right next to each other in their stores.

...effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭lost in my own head

Three things I just can not handle:

When people lie to me, especially when they've been caught lying and are trying to cover it up with yet another lie

People who neglect or abuse children (makes me want to pull their finger nails out one by one)

and people who do not clean up after their dogs on the streets especially in the areas where small children play, Come on ppl a bit of common sense pls.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Marthaa

Sexist expectations. The utter despair of some people when I insist that I would prefer to watch a match rathar than another episode of Sex and the City. Living with my family of three men for this weekend and I'm expected to do all the cooking and cleaning? Screw that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Marthaa wrote: »
    Sexist expectations. The utter despair of some people when I insist that I would prefer to watch a match rathar than another episode of Sex and the City. Living with my family of three men for this weekend and I'm expected to do all the cooking and cleaning? Screw that.

Wimminz can type?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Feminists...and this is in no way directed at Martaa.

But if I think it's ok to make a man a sammich, then that's my opinion.
    Fair enough if they have their opinions on how women should act, but we all don't have to live like that.
    I've two friends who are really feminist, and it annoys me so much how they judge me for saying how i like a 'womens role' of looking after her man.
    If I wanna make my man a sammich, I'll make him a sammich! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

On a related note, Ryan Tubridy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

OopsyDaisy wrote: »
    Feminists...and this is in no way directed at Martaa.

But if I think it's ok to make a man a sammich, then that's my opinion.
    Fair enough if they have their opinions on how women should act, but we all don't have to live like that.
    I've two friends who are really feminist, and it annoys me so much how they judge me for saying how i like a 'womens role' of looking after her man.
    If I wanna make my man a sammich, I'll make him a sammich! :P

To be honest I'm not sure where I fit in.

I want a damn sammich, but I also want a spot on the lifeboats if I'm ever in a sinking ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Lateness. Its just disrespectful. I get really angry at people who come like an hour late for things. I also hate people who don't work hard and then steal credit for things :mad:

Other than that, I hate doors left open, tan lines, when people say thats so gay or make out that all gay people are incredibly horny sex offenders, snooty shop assistants (ie BT2) and Dublin Bus.

I hate the way languages such as Spanish use the third person male form to refer to both men and women if used in the plural form, or when the gender of a person is unknown, whilst feminists have campaigned to make the same unacceptable in English. It's part of the language, the alternative is awkward. There was no need to change it.

I've nothing against anything else they have to say. In fact, I'm of the opinion that the wimminz are better than us at most things. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Originally Posted by soccymonster:
    Colm! wrote: »

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my utter abhorrence towards Craig Doyle. Get off my TV screen / newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

when people say " I hates" instead of " I hate", or any verb that is given an unnecessary "s".

Also Ugg boots, particularly when worn in summer with teeny shorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

Lateness. Its just disrespectful. I get really angry at people who come like an hour late for things.

I absolutely hate people being late and I really hate when I'm late myself, seriously drives me nuts
    I hate doors left open

That just really really freaks me out. I just have to close the door or I won't pay attention to anything that's going on around me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I hated that feeling where I felt as though people were reading my thoughts. Being a problem solver I realised the solution was in yelling out every thought I had. Life is good now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Colm! wrote: »

I love him!

Leave tubs alone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

People who don't knock before walking into your room. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

People who judge others on everything they do. To each their own, let them live how they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Monzo wrote: »
    I'd like to take this opportunity to express my utter abhorrence towards Craig Doyle. Get off my TV screen / newspaper.

I honestly don't think there has ever been a face I want to punch more than his. His smugness is actually painful, especially considering he has no discernible talent or redeeming features whatsoever.
    And why the **** does Heuston Station insist on plastering that stupid UPC ad with his hideous and extremely punchable face, complete with gormless grin?
    AAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!! :mad: :mad:

tl;dr version: Craig Doyle can fuck off.

/rant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Noodleworm wrote: »
    when people say " I hates" instead of " I hate", or any verb that is given an unnecessary "s".

Also Ugg boots, particularly when worn in summer with teeny shorts.

Some people enjoy it :cool:

I hate the 39 Bus route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

1.Eating noises
    2.Slurping noises
    3.Unessecary loud TV volume
    4.People who stomp very loudly in the morning
    5.People who talk to you on bus journeys
    6.Star Trek/Wars/Galactica/anything
    7.Miley Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

1.Enda kenny
    2.The french
    3.That fúcking eejit Breffney from the apprentice.
    4.All text speak.
    5.Colourdey writing
    6.People who say "proberly"
    7.Dunnes stores.
    8.Topaz.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

People who leave exams because their friends have. Why would you risk the chance of getting a few extra marks in an exam because you have to do everything your best friend does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

People who wont do any work then start to complain and moan when that work has piled up and it not their fault:rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

People using their car keys to get wax out of their ears.

Advertisement