Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone broadband - Additional GB

• 28-05-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    does anyone know if vodafone actually charge if you go over the limit on the fixed line broadband ?

Cheers,
    T.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

terencemc wrote: »
    Hey all,
    does anyone know if vodafone actually charge if you go over the limit on the fixed line broadband ?

Cheers,
    T.

Not too sure, i'd say I've gone over the allowance a couple of times now but no charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭terencemc

Cool...does anyone know if the limit is per calendar month or billing month. I asked a customer representative and she said billing month but my downloads don't match up for this month and it really seemed she didn't have a clue of what she was on about !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I'm guessing billing month. I only discovered the Vodafone download counter yesterday, after having used the BT one all this time. The Vodafone counter figures certainly suggest billing month rather than calender, which the BT one uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

I rang them about the billing and it is monthly.

The results I get from their usage calculator are wildly different. The BT show way more than I normally use and the Vodaphone much less :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I rang them about the billing and it is monthly.

The results I get from their usage calculator are wildly different. The BT show way more than I normally use and the Vodaphone much less :confused:

Same for me, which is why I assumed the Vodafone version was billing month. The BT one was correct until a few days ago and then jumped about 30GB overnight. It seemed to do a similar jump near the end of last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭terencemc

Yeah, I've been trying to reason why my usage is at 48GB when at most, I've downloaded 20GB this billing month...weird

Advertisement