Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinner ideas

Options
  • 28-05-2010 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

I need some dinner ideas please.

Currently dinners during the week would be maybe soup 1 night, pasta and sauce another night, pizza, a readymeal.

I need some fresh dinner ideas please.
    will be cooking for 1, so dont want to make huge meals.
    i get home from work late in the evenings so something quick and easy to prepare would be great.
    will need to include veg in the diet because i eat very little. i love broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, turnips, carrots but never have any of this unless its xmas dinner.

something i started to make recently is an omelette with a variety of fillings so will be adding this to my weekly dinner menu. last week i made a mushroom omelette with melted cheese on top.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 joker jonboy

try boiling or steaming your veg then when its just cooked fry it in butter with garlic, herbs, onions or anything you like then a grilled chicken or pork chop on it is the meat done - easy

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

You should get some frozen veg if you have enough freezer room. I definately wouldn't be eating as much veg if I had to buy fresh. Mostly cooking for two so veg was going off on me. And best of all there is absolutely no preparation involved with frozen.
    You can make loads of different variations of stirfrys, chicken, prawn, turkey, beef etc, etc. You can buy all of these already chopped up if you want. Just bang in the meat and add whatever frozen veg you want. So easy. 10 minutes max. You can get express rice (best invention ever if you're like me and can't cook rice!) to have with it. Or just have with noodles or a few wraps. I often add sweet chilli sauce or soy sauce to stirfrys.
    I also find fish really quick and easy to make. I often oven bake salmon with green pesto. Just put pesto on salmon, wrap in tin foil and pop in the oven for about 15 mins. Serve with baby potatoes (cook in 20 mins on hob) and salad (you can get some really nice mixed salad in any supermarket)... Yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

curries are so easy. get a jar of red curry paste, a good dollop of that in a pan with a can of coconut milk, add in whatever veg you like [chopped potatoes, broccoli, apples or whatever you like], some meat if you can be bothered [i usually don't!] and some coriander. if you use potatoes you dont even need to bother with rice, just eat as is. enough leftovers for lunch the next day [reheats well] or if you just want one portion use half can of coconut milk.

quiche is great too and depending on the size of dish you use, you can have enough for a couple days. line the dish with pastry, bake for twenty minutes, add some grated cheese, whatever veg you like [broccoli, tomato, mushrooms] and then pour in egg+cream/milk and bake for another 20/30 mins.

another typical dinner i'd make is sweet potato wedges [seasoned however you like... i like rosemary], roast asparagus or fried mushrooms with black pepper.

up until a couple months ago i lived on frozen food or boring pasta dishes. i just cook for one as well, but it's so worth putting some time into it. even if some of those dishes sound like they take long they dont really, because i get other things done while the cook.
    'what i ate for dinner last night' thread is always good for inspiration!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

you should check out the cooking club, there are loads of great dinner ideas

here's the link

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055770887

Advertisement