Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaming and ages thread and poll

Options
  • 28-05-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭

hi continuing this from average gamer age is 32 just wanna see what our average ages are! im putting a poll up just out of interest!

im 27 and could never imagine not having 2 major consoles lol

what age are you as a gamer? 79 votes

15 or under
    0%
    15 to 18
    0%
    18 to 21
    2%
    Cobelcogblottedchimp 2 votes
    21 to 25
    13%
    conbobFol20DavidiusphlegmsZeouterlimitsthewheel2.0ManchoshoveltoothRedlionForeverYoung90looking_around 11 votes
    25to 30
    31%
    D-Generatemayordenisjonnybadd3-D PreacherDinnerNecronomiconsrdb20Sabre0001seraphimvcValmontrizzlaCaptain ChaosBurgoMonotypeGothPunkTallonProjectColossusKriegcherryghostCoriolanus 25 votes
    30 to 35
    25%
    MakavelitmanHelixbizmarkDKilOitThe Roachdor83BopNibletssinkThe GnomebudhabobkoHdskelliserJD81beardo81DARK-KNIGHTLu Tzel3m0n5_Godot_ 20 votes
    35 to 40
    21%
    SpearSilverfishNevyncalex71VysevestanpancedegrassinoelScramDoctor DooMPogMoThoinmarco_poloDark SaviorStar BingowenchSasquatch76Lucky CharmsB0jangles 17 votes
    40 plus
    5%
    VenomLudoanimaaldreamers75 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

25to 30
    24.... Wheres the poll?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

35 to 40
    Damn, was hoping to go in secretly, but no the results are visible :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

25to 30
    Silverfish wrote: »
    Damn, was hoping to go in secretly, but no the results are visible :(

lol, use your admin powers :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

35 to 40
    Tallon wrote: »
    lol, use your admin powers :p

*bans everyone who saw anything*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

30 to 35
    lol should be interesting though!

i think gaming will be in our lives and culture for ever more. i mean nobody will tell me at 50 odd years of age stop gaming its for kids like!

btw gaming keeps the mind active which helps prolong alzheimers etc well thats what i have been told lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

35 to 40
    Since I am 30 I am tempted to pick the 25-30 grouping rather than 30-35 :p

30 to 35
    marco_polo wrote: »
    Since I am 30 I am tempted pick the 25-30 grouping rather that 30-35 :p
    lol come on you know which category your in marco lol

also what are your views on whether we are going to grow too old for gaming? i think thats a ridiculous idea btw

im already hyped up about call of duty modern warfare 32 :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

35 to 40
    lol come on you know which category your in marco lol

also what are your views on whether we are going to grow too old for gaming? i think thats a ridiculous idea btw

im already hyped up about call of duty modern warfare 32 :cool:

Mmm i would say I will be too old when my fingers are crippled with arthritis. :pac:

Although confident that by then the technology will be in place for controling a game with just my mind.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

35 to 40
    I just hit my 30's even when I am not a gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

25to 30
    I've been gaming on my PC since I was a wee lad so I will probably tick all of the options when I am old enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

25to 30
    I'm 23, but I probably act like a 15 year old as a gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

35 to 40
    jaysus not much activity past my age-group. in this minor poll anyhow.. but then its still more than U-18s

i feel like drogba, apparently at my peak but soon to fizzle out

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

25to 30
    Star Bingo wrote: »
    jaysus not much activity past my age-group. in this minor poll anyhow.. but then its still more than U-18s

i feel like drogba, apparently at my peak but soon to fizzle out

It's ok

*manhugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

35 to 40
    *manhugs*

lol cheers dude.. -hey no groping :o

but long as theres 38yr old emo kids like jared leto then f**k it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

30 to 35
    27 on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

25to 30
    More or less 25 but been gaming since before primary school. So thats roughly 20 years. Being one of the unemployed masses, it is the probably the only thing keeping my mind active at the minute so god bless it.

30 to 35
    Helix wrote: »
    27 on monday
    happy birthday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

25to 30
    23 and been a gamer for near enough the last twenty years so expect to be one for the next twenty years and beyond assuming they'll still make them for PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

30 to 35
    I'm 27 and don't see myself stopping any time soon.

25to 30
    23 and been a gamer for near enough the last twenty years so expect to be one for the next twenty years and beyond assuming they'll still make them for PC.

PC gaming has been here 20 years and certainly will be here another 20 years, maybe just under a different format :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

35 to 40
    I'm a month away from picking the 35-40 :o

Poll is wrong, should be 15-18, 19-21, as it stands someone aged 18 could pick either 15-18 or 18-21, same for ages 21, 25, 30 and 35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

30 to 35
    PC gaming has been here 20 years and certainly will be here another 20 years, maybe just under a different format :pac:

Mac gaming?

Getting close to my 28th birthday here and I have no intention of giving up gaming any time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

21 to 25
    19... am the youngest to post so far? :eek:
    I've been playing games since I was 4...heh I remember thomas the tank engine for the snes :o
    I don't intend to stop playing even when "old".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

35 to 40
    I'm bang on the "average" and have been playing games (on and off) since I first played Power Blaster on my friend's Vic-20 in 1983. Can't see myself giving up anytime soon but with our first due on sept 14th I can see my gaming time gatting cut greatly (until the child can pick up a controller that is;)).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

35 to 40
    30-35, the horror!

Advertisement