Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't let the coward in your head, control the badass in your heart

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,164 ✭✭✭COH

Given the option of changing the training schedule, training like a retard, and taking a rest day... I opted for the rest day.

I dont even know who I am anymore :(

7km cycle out
    IP Warm Up x2
    Kneehab

CB1
    Prowler
    180kg - 9 in 10mins... I wanted 10 :mad:

WB1 - 15mins
    Box Jumps x10
    T-Press Ups x10
    KB Upright Row x10

C2
    Prowler
    80kg - 17 in 10mins... I wanted 20 :mad:

WB2 - 10mins (damn back again)
    KB Swing x10
    Bounding
    KB Press

Spider - 130m x5 (30secs rest)

7km cycle home

A couple weeks ago I'd have been happy with the prowling, but I had numbers in my head and fell short on both counts. The 180 literally nearly killed me... been a while since everything felt as though was in fire, couldn't stand up, equally uncomfortable lying down, job done. I'll get that 10th push soon. 1st workblock was fine. 2nd prowl was going fine, a push every 30 secs, but around the 6 minute mark I just stopped working and ly legs died. Back acted up doing the KB swings so did an extra spider... still hate it more than anything on the planet. 30 secs feels like 3 secs. Will had a look at my knee as I've been having pain for a while.. they aren't tracking so I have some new stuff to add to the warm up to help it self correct. The more questions I ask, the more I find I'm broken. I need to learn to shut up. I also want Nike Romaleos... donations welcome.

IP Warm Up
    Kneehab

Front Squats - Oly Grip... I seem to be able to do this now for no reason
    40kg x12
    60kg x12
    80kg x3
    *Belt*
    100kg x3
    120kg x3
    140kg x3
    140kg x3
    140kg x3
    140kg x3
    140kg x3

DB Sit-Ups
    12.5s (3x15)

DB Supported RDLs
    17.5s x10
    20s x10
    22.5s x10
    27.5s x10
    35s x10

Ab Roll-Ots
    (3x12)

Neutral Grip Pull-Ups
    (5x10)

Unilateral Incline DB Press
    17.5,25s x12
    32.5s x5
    42.5s x5
    *Light Elbow Sleeves On*
    55s x5

DB Shrugs
    70s (5X12)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Kinda belt are you using?

Kinda belt are you using?

10mm single prong belt from APT.. Have the 13mm toro powerbelt too, but it only fits when I wear a hoodie at the moment.

• Advertisement

IP Warm Up

Elevated Split Squats
    BW x12
    7.5s x12
    17.5s x10
    25s x10
    40s x4 (fell over)
    40s x8

Dips
    BW (2x12)
    +20,40kg x8
    +60kg x4.. then broke my nut off the plates. Chain on the dip belt isnt long enough

Inverted Rows
    (5x12)

Shrugs
    60,80,100,120,140kg x12

Plate Shifting
    (3x1min)

Unilateral work continues to improve. Used a 12 inch box instead of a bench though so I dont know how much of a difference the height difference makes. Falling over sucked, but I blame that on last nights alcohol consumption. Dip belt may have ruined my chances of fatherhood in the future.. but dips are awesome so its totally worth it

Last night
    IP Warm Up x2

S2
    Deadlift (beltless)
    60,80,100kg x5
    120,140kg x3
    *mixed grip*
    180kg x1
    220kg x1 (Beltless PR?)

Back went into meltodwn, loud cracks and stuff right through lower back. Crazy painful for a few hours but oddly relieving. Left it at that and went home to heat packs, difene, neurofen plus, tiger balm and pizza. Not feeling too bad today really thought I'd be in bits. Dunno exactly whats going on I'll try get an MRI referral next week. I'll finish off this session tomorrow or monday.

IP Warm Up

S2 continued.. ish

Flat Db press
    17.5,22.5,27.5,32.5,37.5,45s x12
    52.5s x10
    57.5s x8

Lat Pulldown
    5x12

Weighted ab pulldown
    4x12
    >stack x20

Smith machine shrugs
    50,80,110,140 x12
    110 x20

Back extension
    3x20

Reverse fly
    5x12

Back is recovering well.. set backs mean come backs so decided to get the ball rolling on the come back asap. Happy enough with how it went considering I could barely walk the night before last. Hopefully be good for some form of conditioning tomorrow

The most hardcore session of all time...

IP Warm Up x 0

Pull ups... 7

Think I did a back extension or 2

460metre walk on the treadmill (@ incline 2... awwwww yeahhhhh)

Went home

Just about managed to get a meal in before I went totally catabolic after the session. Treadmill totally almost ate into my anabolic window. Could really feel the cortisol levels eating my gains briefly but luckily there was more cake at reception

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

COH wrote: »
    The most hardcore session of all time...

IP Warm Up x 0

Pull ups... 7

Think I did a back extension or 2

460metre walk on the treadmill (@ incline 2... awwwww yeahhhhh)

Went home

Just about managed to get a meal in before I went totally catabolic after the session. Treadmill totally almost ate into my anabolic window. Could really feel the cortisol levels eating my gains briefly but luckily there was more cake at reception
    What the hell is this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

What the hell is this?

Proof that he hasnt turned into Henners just yet...

What the hell is this?

The training part is what happens when dangerously meets hardcore. The nutritional synopisis is a little something I put together through years of research on boards and reading Flex on the toilet. Someone should replace the baiscs and nutrition sticky with it. You can use it in the bodyfat seminar if you like.

Proof that he hasnt turned into Henners just yet...

I saw you topless the other day dude.... You might wanna turn into Henners for a while yourself eh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

The training part is what happens when dangerously meets hardcore. The nutritional synopisis is a little something I put together through years of research on boards and reading Flex on the toilet. Someone should replace the baiscs and nutrition sticky with it. You can use it in the bodyfat seminar if you like.

I saw you topless the other day dude.... You might wanna turn into Henners for a while yourself eh ;)

did you just ask me to turn ghey cause you seen me with my top off....christ dude...im flattered....but no...

did you just ask me to turn ghey cause you seen me with my top off....christ dude...im flattered....but no...

If I was thay way inclined I wouldnt need you to turn ghey, I could have my way with you whenever I wanted coz you're too weak to fight back.

Luckily for you I dont like fatties :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Yo that "I.P." workout you were doing (dunno which one it was, S1 or C1 but it was def a no.1) in the lane outside RAW last week looked piss easy.

Lets work on the assumption that yesterday counted as conditioning and repetition.. Anyway....

S1 (Agressive rehab FTW)

IP Warm Up x3

Front Squats Oly Grip
    30,40kg x12
    60kg x5
    80kg x3
    100kg x3
    120kg x3
    130kg x3
    140kg x3
    150kg x3

KB Sit Ups
    (3x15)

Supported DB RDL
    7.5s x10
    12.5s x10
    17.5s x10
    22.5s x10
    27.5s x10
    32.5s x10 left it at that, dont fancy tempting fate.

Ab Roll-Outs
    (3x15)

Neutral Grip Pull Ups
    BW (5x10)... only just occured to me this second I should add some weight to these.

Unilateral Incline DB Press (Conservative effort)
    17.5,22.5,27.5,32.5,37.5s x5

DB Shrugs
    20,30,40,50,60s x12

Couldnt make it out to IP to do conditioning. And I wasnt bothered doing press ups and stuff so what better way to test a back injury then with front squats and DB RDLs. Both went ALOT better then expected, have been wearing one of those deep heat heat-packs all day and did the warm up a couple extra times. 150x3 might be some sort of PR but I couldnt be bothered reading back to see, It made my fingers go numb though. Wasnt feeling the pressing at all... Usually like the pressing part of training but what can ya do.

Traps are the new biceps.

**** you and your high squats:pac:

i hate you

**** you and your high squats:pac:

i hate you

I hate you too. Well, only half of you. The right side I hate, the left side I just feel sorry for

IP Warm up x2
    Kneehab
    Assisted Pull Ups -(5x10)

Elevated Split Squats (18inch box)
    BW (2x12)
    10,20,30,40s x8

Dips
    BW (3x5)
    +20,40,60kg x5

Back Extensions
    BW x20
    +10,20,30,40kg x20

Inverted Row
    (4x12)

Barbell Shrugs Snatch Grip
    60,100,140,180kg x12

Assisted Pull Ups
    (3x10)

Plate Shifting
    (3x90secs)

Went to the chiropractor today. Theres nothing catastrophic happening, just have to get my L5 sorted out and get my pelvis back into alignment. Some other shi*t that I knew already came up, like my ITBs are filth and my knees arent tracking, whatevs. Some other issues on the right side of my back too but nothing major. I have flat feet too. And my right trap has some emotional issues. And my hips are too tight. And my shoulders are something something. You get the message... I'm f*cked, but in managable fashion. Combined with the IP stuff he reckons I'll be back in business in 6-8 weeks. Didnt tell me to stop deadlifting or any of that crap. So all in all a good day in the office.

VIS VIRES is still training away in case anyone is wondering... he was in tonight busting out the pink dumbbells (blue ones next week man its all good). He rocked out the crosstrainer really hard too. Inspiring stuff. Cardio is still floating around too... his head has grown to superhuman proportions but his mother still loves me. I just wish he's shut the f*ck up when I'm trying to train.. yap yap yap yap

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

VIS VIRES is still training away in case anyone is wondering... he was in tonight busting out the pink dumbbells (blue ones next week man its all good). He rocked out the crosstrainer really hard too. Inspiring stuff. Cardio is still floating around too... his head has grown to superhuman proportions but his mother still loves me. I just wish he's shut the f*ck up when I'm trying to train.. yap yap yap yap

Haha I was taking it easy tonight. The place was packed and i wanted to make sure there was enough plates to go around so i didnt do anything heavy.
    Nice work on doing the IP warm up x10 it looked easy defo think you have 13/14 next time. Between that and the progress youre making with max push ups i'd say youre neary back to full power...

• Advertisement

VIS VIRES wrote: »
    Haha I was taking it easy tonight. The place was packed and i wanted to make sure there was enough plates to go around so i didnt do anything heavy.
    Nice work on doing the IP warm up x10 it looked easy defo think you have 13/14 next time. Between that and the progress youre making with max push ups i'd say youre neary back to full power...

I've a sneaky feeling the warm up is gonna be on the next test.. I wanna crank out at least 20 of those bad boys. After that, and provided I'm back to full health, you can teach me how to bench, and I'll teach you how to have hair :pac:

Went out the good people of EastCoast Barbell today and got me some proper lifting shoes. Wish I had more time to have a look around the place but had to run.

Stopped off in Ironside on the way back into town. Its a great facility... I wish my back had been up to playing with some of the strongman equipment. But fair play to the lads they've got it right first time, the equipment is top notch, the lay out is amazing and looks like its only going to get better. I'd def recommend anyone to check it out. By anyone I mean male/female/big/small... if you're on the south side and are serious about enjoying yourself while killing yourself in the gym its the spot for you. Unless you absolutely need a lat-pulldown, in which case your a fag anyway and should consider a career in not being such a useless spastic.

IP warm up
    Kneehab

Conditioning

Just did the prowler
    20 x 25m runs with various weights

More rehab stuff.

Home to let the love between one man and his shoes blossom.

hahahahaha

g'em is going to explode if she sees that post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭Maars

I've done a few sessions in ECB and Ironside lately...making me fall out of love with Raw. Kinda what it felt like leaving Westwood and joining Pinnacle all those years ago.

Maars wrote: »
    I've done a few sessions in ECB and Ironside lately...making me fall out of love with Raw. Kinda what it felt like leaving Westwood and joining Pinnacle all those years ago.

This is on behalf of COH, he's a technotard but we don't hold it against him.

ah, jesus, now i want to hold it against him.

/no hetro

IP Warm Up x2
    Kneehab

Front Squats.. coz I wanted to try out the new sex-shoes
    20,30,40kg x12
    60kg x5
    80,100,120kg x3
    140kg x2
    Easy. Resisted tempation to do anything taxing

Deadlift.. Double Overhand (obviously in shoes)
    60kg (2x12)
    80kg x3
    100kg x3
    120kg x3
    140kg x1
    140kg x1
    140kg x1
    140kg x1
    140kg x1
    140kg x1
    140kg x1
    140kg x1

Flat DB Press... (Obviously had to wear shoes for these too)
    15,25,35,45s x5
    55s (5x5)
    Easy

(Removed shoes... instant seperation anxiety)
    Inverted Row
    (5x12)

Ab Roll Outs
    (3x20)

Reverse Hypers
    Loads

Think thats it. Some side bends maybe. Im sure I forgot to do something. Havent done anything overhead at all in a while thats probably it. Pain in the swiss not having a bike to get out to IP. And Henners is a total selfish d*ckhead having a job that doesnt suit my timetable... that just borders on rude.

No issues with the deads whatsoever. Baby steps and all that. Front squats felt nice and solid, definately good for alot more weight with my shiny new grip. Pressing was fleh.. just dont care about it at the moment, at some point ill fleh myself into doing the 70s again though then get zero carry over onto the bench just like last time :D

So, is anyone at all going to Ballymoney to see Andy Bolton break the DL WR tomorrow?? I might shoot up as I got the weekend off work. Might go drinking instead though. Or a combination of both!

IP warm up x2

Conditioning
    Prowler (weighted sprints hooked into harness)
    Prowler 2x25m
    +10kg 2x25m
    +20kg 2x25m
    +30kg 2x25m
    +40kg 2x25m
    +50kg 2x25m
    +60kg 2x25m
    Rubber track is a f*cking nightmare

15mins
    Sit throughs x10
    Unilateral squats x10
    Pull ups x5

Concept 2 Rower
    150m/30secs rest x10
    FML FML FML...

10,20,30,40,50 kg DB carries (2x25m) with (2x25m) sprints between each carry.

I'm f*cked after that.. nearly spewed a few times. Tried prowler pushes but its just pointless on the rubber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

If you are in this week....we'll introduce you to prowling on the hill...hopefully we'll have some sun as well.

If you are in this week....we'll introduce you to prowling on the hill...hopefully we'll have some sun as well.

Sounds like fun, should be in from Tuesday.

Today
    IP Warm up x3
    Kneehab
    Shoulderhab
    Backhab

Single Leg Deadlift
    12.5,17.5,25,32.5,37.5s x8
    42.5s x5 (sketchy)

Ab Rollouts
    (3x15)

Pull Ups
    (5x10)

Push Ups
    (3x32)

Reverse Flys
    (5x10)

Ab Pulldown
    (Stack...4x15)

Grand session to round off the weeks training. Will take tomorrow off and be back tuesday for some heavy ass front squats if all goes to plan. Push ups seriously hurt today for some reason but in all the right places, felt great. Everything else was handy enough compliments of a booze free weekend.

• Advertisement

IP Warm Up x1.5

Front Squats
    20,40kg x10
    60kg x3
    80kg x3
    100kg x3
    120kg x3
    140kg x1
    160kg x1... should have tried another rep
    *Bonus sets... coz I love my shoes)
    140kg x1
    120kg x3
    100kg (3x5)

KB Sit Up
    16kg bells
    (3x12)

Supported RDL
    12.5,17.5s x10
    22.5s x5
    27.5s x5
    32.5s x5
    37.5s x5
    42.5s x5

Neutral Grip Pull Ups
    BW (2x12)
    +10kg x8
    +10kg x5+3

Ab Roll Outs
    (3x15)

DB Shrugs
    50s
    (3x20)

Knew I was running out of time too so had a choice of pressing, which I love, or everything else which I only like and still suck at... so gave the pressing a miss altogether.

Quite happy with the front squats, everything up to 140 was yawntastic. People shouldn't be comparing them to Liams retarded depth! Will had a look at the 160 and said it was ok, I'd like to try this weight for reps before I go any heavier. Kneehab/mobility/stability/new shoes are all making a positive difference. Really REAAAAAAAALY want a 180 front squat. Actually f*ck that... 200+ would be better although I think I only have one S1 session to go before the program changes (?)

Once my girlfriend figures out how to make magic anti-inflam/painkiller cake I might start a blog called 'Chaos&Painkillers' and chronicle my quest to be totally focking elite from there

Advertisement