Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't let the coward in your head, control the badass in your heart

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

Ya looked really strong tonight man, with more in the tank..well done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭COH

Board press (2 board)
    60 (2x10)
    80x5
    100x5
    *2 board*
    120x5
    140x3
    160x3
    170x1
    180x1
    190x fail
    190x fail
    190x1

Squats
    60,80,100x5
    140x2,2
    160x2
    180x2
    200x1
    210x3
    220x1

Speed Bench
    90kg + blue bands
    (8x3)

Seated Row
    80,120,160,160kg x12

Hammer Curl
    (5x12)

Reverse Fly
    (5x12)

Speed bench was rough as hell, my shoulders are in bits after spotting someone yesterday who made me front raise his dumbbell presses. Think I'm done pressing three times a week now anyway. I did some light assistance work i didn't have time to wednesday, lat pulldown, lat raise and some triceps. Had xrays on my back yesterday too.. pelvis is shockingly out of alignment again so gotta get that sorted ASAP since its causing all sorts of issues.

Sumo Deadlift
    60kg (3x8)
    100kg x5
    120kg x5
    140kg x3
    160kg x3
    180kg x2
    200kg x2
    210kg x4

Speed pulls
    140kg (4x3)

Single leg RDLS
    20,40,60kg x8
    90,100,110kg x5

Back extension
    (5x12)

Barbell Row
    100kg (3x12)

Getting there.. slowly but surely. Was going to do coan phillipi but working up to 180 sounded gay. Was tempted to do more reps on 210 then go heavier but don't wanna tempt fate (yet). Still figuring out my Sumo technique.. but when I get the set up right it pops up so the future is bright. Tried my centurion with the straps down as a crossover suit but my quadz are too swole. The gym actually ran out of weights today..

I should be happy... but I'm not

Bench
    60kg (3x12)
    80kg x12
    100kg x12
    120kg x5
    140kg x1
    155kg x1
    165kg x1 (5kg PR)
    170kg (3xF) :mad:
    Got p*ssed off
    100kg x27
    P*ssed off about that too coz it wasn't 30.

Just couldnt hit the line right in the 170 attempts.. the first was just crap, the second almost hit my ab, the third was off too. Didnt even feel heavy... just died. I know its there anyway I'll go straight into it from a double on 155 or something next week and smoke it.

Pull Ups
    (5x12)

Cable Pressdown
    Stack x50,40,30

Inverted Row

Reverse Fly/Lat raise
    15kg bells (3x12)

EZ-Bar Curs
    55kg (3x12)

Stupid f*cking bench. My head will be wrecked for days now. On the plus side, my shoulders held up ok after being in bits since thursday, and a 5kg PR is a 5kg PR. 165 is actually what I had guesstimated coming into this block of training... but definately more there now once I change the approach.

On a side note I went to a different chiro today... b*tch gave me sciatica, I'll blame everything on that. The xray says my pelvis is out of alignment by 25mm too... no half measures.

• Advertisement

Warm up... an hour in the chiros office getting abuse
    *Fired the chiro*
    An hour foam rolling/stretching/cricket balling/distracting with bands/sweating/hoarding equipment/giving out

Sqwatz
    60kg ... about 20 sets of 5 (literallly)
    *Belt/wrist wraps just to be safe*
    100kg ... maybe 7 or 8 sets of 5 ish
    *knee sleeves*
    120kg x5
    140kg x3
    160kg x3
    *Knee Wraps*... 1st time using these ones (metal black) First time in wraps in years
    180kg x3
    200kg x3
    220kg x3
    240kg x2

Savage session all round.. everyone was firing on all cylinders. Felt as comfortable as one can be with cold throbbing numb feet but god damn its good to be back under a heavy bar. Really wanted to go heavier.. but I dont want to risk anything at this stage. I shall be doing the GPC in Limerick next week as a result. Ill have a shot at pausing a bench (ha!) tomorrow.. I'd be happy with 145, and I couldnt give a flying f*ck about my deads, If I can hit 210+ on the day itll be a success, and I'll be on the board at last with something to improve on as my back continues to get better.

Game on :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Fuck it. I'm in.

Warm up - heap of scap work and a boat-load of stuff with things. Comprehensive.

Bench
    Bar (3x12)
    40kg x10
    Back to just the bar again (x10)
    60kg x10
    80kg x10
    100kg x5
    *Difene*
    120kg x1 (paused)
    130kg x1 (paused)
    140kg x1 (paused)
    *More Difene*
    FML

What a pile of ****. Shoulders have packed it in for the time being... even the bar was sore. 140 went up ok in the end thanks to drugs and a bit of mid-set elbow compression. Some deads on sat/sunday and thats about it until next sunday.

Only decent part of the session was my introduction of reverse-mobility band distraction-awesomeness to raw. KSTARR would be proud. I'm going to start a blog about mobility for people who dont have the mobility to do mobility. Managed to do it all without looking like a complete spastic too :rolleyes: Obvious focal point of the night though was a delightful gymnastics floor display by JOE... such poise and grace, perfect landing too. 10/10. There we were thinking he was just going to stand up off the ground and *POW* ... mid air flip. Still dont know how he did it, especially after squatting yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

I'm a big game player, that's all i can say!

_JOE_ wrote: »

Man if you keep training like you have been you'll be the star of London 2012

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I've never seen so much mobility work being done in raw-it was like cripple rehab day, everytime I turned around there was someone with a roller or a band looking like they were in a world of pain!

G86 wrote: »
    I've never seen so much mobility work being done in raw-it was like highly-tuned athlete day, everytime I turned around there was someone with a roller or a band looking like they were in the hero-zone, drive and determination etched into composed faces, setting new standards in strength and agility... like warrior poets.

JOE was there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭VIS VIRES

COH wrote: »

Only decent part of the session was my introduction of reverse-mobility band distraction-awesomeness to raw. KSTARR would be proud. I'm going to start a blog about mobility for people who dont have the mobility to do mobility. Managed to do it all while looking like a complete spastic too :rolleyes: Obvious focal point of the night though was a delightful gymnastics floor display by JOE... such poise and grace, perfect landing too. 10/10. There we were thinking he was just going to stand up off the ground and *POW* ... mid air flip. Still dont know how he did it, especially after squatting yesterday.

_JOE_ wrote: »
    You have a bright future ahead of you.......I'm not sure at what though

JOE was there too.

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Haha hope I didn't miss an actual flip.

Eagerly await this mobility blog, anyway.

The assistnace rubbish I didnt do during the week...

EZ Bar Curls..
    15-55kg x10

Single Arm DB Press
    10-30kg x10

Seated Row
    40,80,120kg x10

Face Pulls
    3x12)

More mobility stuff.. I'm so bored of this sh*t. So bored in fact I figured I'd deadlift up to something in and around my pathetic opener....

Deadlift
    60kg x8
    100kg x5
    140kg x3
    180kg x1

Thats that done. I can take a break for the next week now.. Unless I go in to train on Sunday in which case I'll deadlift again and do more posterior chain work, being the athlete that I am and all...

I can take a break for the next week now..

^^Lies^^

Today
    *warm up*
    Deadlift (Conventional, beltless, double overhand)
    60kg (3x8)
    100kg x5
    140kg x5

Sumo Deadlift
    60kg x5
    100kg x5
    140kg x5
    170kg x3
    *OPENER*
    190kg x1... job done time to go home
    ^^more lies^^
    200kg x1
    210kg x1
    220kg x3 (PR)... Have a vid of this cant find camera connection though.

Thats that, a nice PR on the weight thats crippled me twice since December. Bit of a confidence booster anyway ahead of next week. Plan is to rest up now, stay under 100kg, have physio tomorrow to try get my pelvis in alignment (I'll post up the lumbar/pelvic xray later too... its gas!), chiro on friday to make sure everythings where it should be and I'll do a load of mobility/stability work now during the week. See ya'll next monday!

So, this is me standing straight...

LumbarXray2.bmp

With that in mind... this is me pulling 220. Not the finished article by any means...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

you bent b&*tard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Is your back like that from lifting weights or was it like that before?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Why are you touch and going with your sumo pulls?

• Advertisement

colman1212 wrote: »
    Is your back like that from lifting weights or was it like that before?!

This exact problem? No idea. I had back problems as a child (unfortunate bumper car incident), and again as a teenager when I used to compete in kickboxing... so I guess there has always been an imbalance there that lifting weights has increasingly helped to showcase. I spent months going to an osteopath when I was 17 to fix the kickboxing related stuff, even with crazy good flexibility (I could do the splits, put my feet behind my head, jumping spinning kicks etc.) my lower back hurt when I did certain movements.

That being said, the back pain I had into my early twenties disappeared when I started lifting. I dont have any abnormal issues, a high percentage of people have pelvic imbalances, disc problems etc. You dont necessarily notice them until you do something to completely f*ck yourself. In my case, deadlifting with awful form after doing double smolov with the wrong percentages, and a preceeding 3-4 years of training with zero mobility type work of any kind.

The gas part about that scan is that it was taken a week ago, thats after 7 months of consistent and aggressive mobility/stability work, soft tissue release, chiro, physio and a heap of other crap. I just wish I had an xray from december as I'm sure it would have been a whole lot worse!

Hanley wrote: »
    Why are you touch and going with your sumo pulls?

No idea... wasn't planning on a second rep until the bar hit the ground. Old habits I guess

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

No idea... wasn't planning on a second rep until the bar hit the ground. Old habits I guess

Haha good enough reason!

Hanley wrote: »
    Haha good enough reason!

I still have no idea about sumo deads anyway, I think yesterday was precisely the 7th time I've ever done them, and in that time I'd say literally every single set had a different set up. So I'm going into the GPCs with 1x paused bench session ever, 1x squat session in wraps in the past year or more, and no clue about my deads...

Theres no way this can fail!

Deload.. upper

Bench (paused)
    60kg (3x12)

Seated row
    40kg lol (3x10)

DB curl...

Who gives a f*ck

Holy Bejebus.

Holy Bejebus.

What?

I like to picture baby Jesus in a tuxedo tshirt.. because it says I want to be formal,but I'm here to party.

What?

I like to picture baby Jesus in a tuxedo tshirt.. because it says I want to be formal,but I'm here to party.

I was expecting ME something or other.

I was expecting ME something or other.

I feel bad to have dissappointed you.. luckily today is a new day and I'm going to train in an hour. Max effort unilateral leg extensions, just for you buddy

• Advertisement

Deload.. lower

Rumble rolling
    Dynamic awesome
    Static stuff
    Band distraction
    Cricket big-balling
    Posing
    Chatting
    Winning

Squats