Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are you against adopting ? share your taughts.

Options
  • 28-05-2010 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Does any 1 agree with adoption? if so explain why :

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

Ive never really thought much about it TBH. But now that your post has got me thinking on the subject, I realise that I do agree with it! Its a great chance for people, who, for whatever reason, cannot have their own kids. And also, there are children, who, cant be kept by their mothers/parents, and they deserve to be placed in a loving home. From what I know, most ppl who adopt are desperate (and I dont mean that in a bad way) to have kids, so this usually ensures that the child has a good life and is very much loved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭blake murphy

carmel27 wrote: »
    Ive never really thought much about it TBH. But now that your post has got me thinking on the subject, I realise that I do agree with it! Its a great chance for people, who, for whatever reason, cannot have their own kids. And also, there are children, who, cant be kept by their mothers/parents, and they deserve to be placed in a loving home. From what I know, most ppl who adopt are desperate (and I dont mean that in a bad way) to have kids, so this usually ensures that the child has a good life and is very much loved.

:) Em i agree with you carmel , it nt only gives them a home can even save them from a futre they dont deserve like say a bad one , bu if they get adopted they will least have more loving family i suppose , but the only thing is if they have brothers and sister they can get seperated which is kinda bad doncha think .

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

I dunno...Ive a sister that I wouldnt mind being seperated from.....Do you want to adopt her? ...JOKING, JOKING. Weeelllllll, Ive never heard of a situation where somebody has, for example, 3 kids already, and then has a fourth, and decides 3s enough. If you mean, that down the line, the parents have more kids after the first has been adopted, then yeah, I know what youre saying. It would definitely be hard to be told that you were adopted, and had a whole other family out there somewhere. Id imagine you'd probably, initially, anyway, resent your birth parents for their decisison. But the other side to that coin is, and im only guessing here, that you would have to be in a fairly desperate situation to even contemplate giving up your child, so those that are given up for adoption have probably been saved from a life of hardship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭blake murphy

yeah , i dont think its fair on the kids to be onist .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Adoptions not fair on the kids?

What's the alternative to adoption? Forcing children to be in abusive or incapable families? Life long state-care facilities? Is that so much better than splitting families up? While fair would never be a word I use to describe adoption I think a modicum of realism has to be applied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I'm going to lock this thread for the time being, as I don't see this going anywhere constructive.
    PM me if you think it should remain open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement