Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Market

Options
  • 28-05-2010 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about this? As in, is it easy to sell there, how much etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

I met someone I know selling there last week and he was saying it's €15 per car and €30 per van if you're selling. He said that he arrives there at about 5am- 5.30am every Sunday to get a good spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Checked it out today. Opens at 7am. €20 for a car. €30 for a van. Bring your own table. Lots of car booters there. Definitely a lot bigger than I remember from the last time I was there and although, as with every market, there are a few ever so slightly shady things being sold, it seems to be a lot more legitimate now with some good quality stuff on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I hear it's still rather dodgy, then again haven't been to it in ages.

sNarah wrote: »
    I hear it's still rather dodgy, then again haven't been to it in ages.

Every market will attract a bit of shady stuff alright. The police have really clamped though. For example there were one or two 'undercover' cigarette salespeople on the way in trying to avoid attention. I have to say though, it is a lot bigger than before and there are a lot more decent stalls, albeit, the downside for the traders is that there are now many more car booters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Any chance of a google maps linky to where its on. Went looking once but couldn't find it.

• Advertisement

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Any chance of a google maps linky to where its on. Went looking once but couldn't find it.

Where were you coming from? If you are coming from Dublin on the M1, there are two exits for Balbriggan. 1st exit is signposted as Balbriggan/Walshestown. 2nd Exit is signposted Balbriggan/Naul. Take the 2nd exit. When you reach the top of the slip road, turn right and head over the motorway bridge, go through the next small roundabout on the other side of the bridge. Take the next right. It's only a few yards further on from the roundabout. The entrance to the market will be about 200m down on your right hand side.

Go to: maps.google.ie/

Copy and paste this in: 53.595448,-6.215221

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Go to: maps.google.ie/

Copy and paste this in: 53.595448,-6.215221

Cheers for that, must take a trip out to it some time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sabrinaoneill

Does anyone no if it still on Sunday and wat time? Im looking to sell few household things in a car ???

Thanks sabrina

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

I was there a few weeks ago to scout it out for selling, still quite busy. Can anyone tell me if 7am is when it opens or when sellers start setting up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Apparently the sellers start setting up at 6am and it can be quite busy from then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chicagilly

Hi guys,

Does anyone know where exactly is the venue for the Balbriggan Car Boot sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gazing

Anyone know anything about this? As in, is it easy to sell there, how much etc?

hi there , does anybody know if you need to register to drive in to sell on the market ?
    is there a phone number etc ?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gazing

thats the sunday balbriggan market !!

or can anybody recommend any other market on northside of dublin ?

cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've been to the one in Ashbourne a few times and it's pretty good. I know it's not in Dublin but it's not far outside. I think there's information about it on the net if you google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Is the Balbriggan one still running?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭kaahooters

it lost its permission due to car accidents, lots of stolen goods, and pirated dvds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nadine712

Hi there, the market was on yesterday. there were a lot of people attending however most of the stuff on offer was more car boot than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

Nadine712 wrote: »
    Hi there, the market was on yesterday. there were a lot of people attending however most of the stuff on offer was more car boot than anything else.

Same location as previously mentioned ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nadine712

Hi there, just down off Exit 6 on the M1? Yep. Still there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭dakan

Is it possible to walk to it or is it only accessible by car?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

dakan wrote: »
    Is it possible to walk to it or is it only accessible by car?

It's just off exit 6 on the m1 so if you live in balbriggan town, it wouldn't be walking distance as there are no footpaths on most of the road

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

I wish they'd close the place down to be honest, majority of goods are dodge at best, its usually just full of crap and its a pain in the backside for locals there to get up or down that road at the best of times.

Ive seen proper markets, e.g. Jonesborough or the one that used to be at the Fairyhouse racecourse, the balbriggan one is nothing like that unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Morpheus wrote: »
    Ive seen proper markets, e.g. Jonesborough
    Jonesborough? Proper? You are joking.

The Fairyhouse Car Boot is still going strong.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

may not be "proper" but its been there a long time and is far better than the local one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've heard that the one in Tallaght Stadium is good, it sounds more like a proper car boot sale. It's only from 8am-noon though so one of these Saturdays I'm going to get up early and go over.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

does anyone know if balbriggan market is still running for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

sign on the naul road saying it reopened on the 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ditzyfairy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    sign on the naul road saying it reopened on the 6th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 lynnyloo64

Hi does anyone know if this market is still running? I was there in summer 2013 but not sure if it opens in winter.
    Does anyone know where i can find contact details for the people who organise it?
    I was hoping to go tomorrow

Advertisement