Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan Market

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭micraX

It was open before Christmas anyway, heard there was a big guards raid. I always miss the raids:/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lynnyloo64

Thanks @micraX :D

I guess theres a good chance it would be open tomorrow so, I would be raging if I got up super early and went out but found it closed!
    I've been there twice, never seen a raid though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

micraX wrote: »
    It was open before Christmas anyway, heard there was a big guards raid. I always miss the raids:/
    I've yet to go there and *not* see a raid. Even this morning it got raided just after 9am.

Although it normally opens a week or so after Christmas, January is always a very quiet month.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

So? was it open? Did anyone go up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lynnyloo64

Yes it was open in Sunday, a lot quieter than in summer months I might wait a while before I go again.
    People looking to pay ridiculous prices for decent stuff.
    Lots of tools confiscated by Gardai so that was entertaining!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭sidcon

lynnyloo64 wrote: »
    Yes it was open in Sunday, a lot quieter than in summer months I might wait a while before I go again.
    People looking to pay ridiculous prices for decent stuff.
    Lots of tools confiscated by Gardai so that was entertaining!

When you say quieter, do you mean as in stall wise or just people/crowd wise

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Eskarina Smith

Thinking of doing a car boot sale (selling) in Balbriggan tomorrow, am I mad? I hear the facilities (toilets etc.) are awful but is there a good crowd? Have a lot of stuff to sell for charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Thinking of doing a car boot sale (selling) in Balbriggan tomorrow, am I mad? I hear the facilities (toilets etc.) are awful but is there a good crowd? Have a lot of stuff to sell for charity.[/quote

I was there last week and all I can honestly say is anyone with a bike stolen should go here .its more then likely on sale . Hated it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Its a disgrace that its allowed to be open and run in its current state.

f**king absolutely avoid the kip, its a blight on the area and will continue to be so until some of the traders who are blatantly dealing in stolen goods are banned. They f**k the market up on other traders.

By buying here you are sadly encouraging the local criminal economy needed to supply a small percentage of the stalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Morpheus wrote: »
    Its a disgrace that its allowed to be open and run in its current state.

f**king absolutely avoid the kip, its a blight on the area and will continue to be so until some of the traders who are blatantly dealing in stolen goods are banned. They f**k the market up on other traders.

By buying here you are sadly encouraging the local criminal economy needed to supply a small percentage of the stalls.
    i went the weekend before log and never ever have I seen so many people with bikes for sale.
    Shameless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Hiddden

Does anyone know if the market is open this Weekebd, the Easter Sunday?
    Any contact numbers?

Advertisement