Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

body and soul festival

Options
  • 28-05-2010 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

hey, just wondering is anyone going to the body and soul festival? if so, are ya's getting the bus eireann bus down to it? It should be a good laugh, the orb and stuff. What are people's opinions on this? Wonder will it be like life festival, minus the scumbags.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It seems like a scaled down yet expanded (if that's not contradictory) version of the B and S section from Electric Picnic. A lot of the same people will be doing it that normally work EP, but it is really close to the set-up for Glastonbury, so it will lose some people who need to go and do that.

Looks fun, I'll be there, but hoping to blag a lift :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭telepylus

yeh a lift would be way handier alright! its going to be a pain in the hole dragging all the **** to it. ah it should be a good buzz anyway. only tickets for 1500 people, so should be fairly cosey. pity mantua isnt on anymore, was at it two years ago and it was a class festival, lots of drum and bass, and breakbeats

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway->Events

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Ms Fluorescent

It's going to be great! I hope that the weather stays nice and thats theres lots of fun people around.

Has anyone been to it in the last couple of years? what was it like?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,123 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Going to this in a couple of weeks, looking forward to it.

Does anybody know if you're allowed to bring your own booze in with you? Can't find anything on it on their site.

• Advertisement

there would be trouble. i assume you can bring your own drink in with you. its not a big commercial festival or anything. may just wait and see!! it should be a good festival cos of the small capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Any timetable yet? I'm kinda tempted to drop down now but would need to be home on the Sunday night. May have to miss out on a couple of late night acts.

no dont think there has been any times given out yet. it should be good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ronan0

Can't wait :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

this is my first time goin, cant wait! from the pics ive seen, it looks like there good people (ie no scummers) any update on the booze policy? il be on a limited budget, so hopefully i can bring my own!:confused:

• Advertisement

Is this not the first year its on??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭peter p

Is this not the first year its on??
    Dont know, but theres a facebook page with pics on it

http://www.facebook.com/#!/BodyandSoulIreland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

it is the first 'body and soul festival' .

afaik the organisers are the same people who organised the 'body and soul' area at the electric picnic over the last few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ginadnb

Yeah im really hoping t go now its in a few days so id have to get my ticket sorted and that .hope its full of fairly chilled people anways.any1 have an idea what the musics like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Still no word of a timetable for this?

What's the story with that? It's on this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The smaller festivals always seem to have problems with timetables but even a day breakdown and a running order would have at least given me some indication if it would have been worth my while going. Too late now. :(

Yeah i dunno they have a few names listed on the site about hus playin and what time but sure ill just go and see.has every1 goten a ticket coz i havent yet its on saturday...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Looks like you can bring drink in with you a la Electric Picnic - and you can bring it on site after 11 which is a nice idea.
    http://www.bodyandsoul.ie/home/info.php

Does anybody have a map of the area that sets out where the stages are etc?

Can't wait!!! :D

does any one know the crack with the busses it says from 8am until 1am but is there just one bus or whats going on(looking for the one from dublin)if yis know anything please post
    peace :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

ginadnb wrote: »
    does any one know the crack with the busses it says from 8am until 1am but is there just one bus or whats going on(looking for the one from dublin)if yis know anything please post
    peace :)

"BY BUS - PLEASE NOTE NEW TIMES www.buseireann.ie
    Dublin - Ballinlough:
    Saturday 9.30 am, 11.30 am, 1pm
    Sunday 1pm"

From the website.
    I wonder how accurate that line-up timetable is!

Im thinken of buyin my tickets on friday if i can.would i still be able to get them on friday does any one know and....where is there a ticketmaster in town(dublin)
    Im just lost!
    Any one know anything pleeease post
    Thanks
    :)

There's a Ticketmaster downstairs in Stephen's Green Shopping Centre. Tickets aren't sold out yet so you could be in luck!

Ah deadly ive been looking for ages thanks god.do i have to order them before do ye know or can i just go in and buy tickets from ticketmaster?

Just keep an eye on the site to ensure the tickets don't sell out (although I'd say they won't at this stage) and then you can just go into Ticketmaster and buy them without having to book or anything.
    I think you can even get a combined bus and festival ticket if you're bussing it which works out slightly less expensive.

http://www.bodyandsoul.ie/home/tickets.php

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shigg

no no no

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

Anyone know if I'll be able to have a shower there.
    I'll be getting public transport back from the place, and dont want to scare away anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Is Seasick Steve playing at this? it says on the site he is but he is not in the timetable just "seasick strings" which is on a few times over the weekend, It also says nothing on his website but then there was a thing in the paper today saying he was playing it. Confused!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MJRS

Can't wait! Here's hoping it's decent :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement