Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carlow IT - HELP!

• 29-05-2010 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey Guys!
    Okay i'm new to this & its unbelieveable how long it just took me to find the 'new thread' button! :confused:
    Anyway, i'm trying to decide on colleges for next year, &i was dead set on Waterford, but then i seen a course in Carlow [Law!] that i really really like BUT i don't know anything about Carlow?? nightlife, shopping etc!
    So is there any people here that go to Carlow IT that could tell me about it? [i don't know anyone that goes there! :(
    Then i was looking up accomodation & only found 3 results!? 2 of them been digs! =/
    Anyway thanks in advance for your help! any info would be brill! (:
    xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 FocusRS

Hey!! I'm sort of in the same boat as yourself. i'm plannin to go to Carlow IT myself! from wat i gather Carlow is a fairly cool place to go to. Being one of the biggest towns in south Leinster there would be lots a place to shop!! As for night life I asked some guy who goes to college down there and he said ''its a little TOO good'':D:D! and for accommodation? well its both cheap and plentiful!! In fact the best accommodation is student village apartments directly across the road from the college!! you also said you dont no anyone goin there?? Well the people down there are some of the soundest around so you'll know lots of people in know time and hey i'm goin there so you already know one person!!:p

If you have anymore Q's just send me a private message:):)

P.S to send a private message just click on my name and the click 'send private message'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Nightlife is great, loads of shops, plenty of accommodation(realatively cheap if you don't mind a bit of a walk to college)..

it's a student town like, can't see you not liking it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 IT Carlow

Hi, I work as Communications Officer at IT Carlow and I have also recently completed an Honours Degree in Communications & PR. I have just set up a CAO Change of mind page on the IT Carlow website which has loads of details and two dvds all about Life at IT Carlow. Log onto www.itcarlow.ie and click into the Change of Mind Campaign. You will get loads of details there. We also have a facebook page. If you search for Institute of Technology Carlow on facebook and become a fan of the page you will receive regular updats on whats happening at IT Carlow. If you need any other information email me on communications@itcarlow.ie. Regards Paula

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sarahmarie

Aw wow, thatnks a million!, thanks brilliant! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Iliketalking

Sounds good, especially the nightlife :D Have an exam on monday!! hopwfully it goes well.. Anyone else hoping to do Sport&Exercise GAA??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭gorilla_ie

great college, great people , great nightlife... was studying there back in 2000, will hopefully be heading back this september !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

the foundry is ment to be brilliant, loads of shops and nightlife is brillo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 surrealsounds

Sounds good, especially the nightlife :D Have an exam on monday!! hopwfully it goes well.. Anyone else hoping to do Sport&Exercise GAA??
    my friend is hoping to!! shes here beside me lol... where u from ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Iliketalking

Ahh sure she'd know who I was if i told ye where I live :) .. But I was on in the afternoon, what time did she do it??

did u end up coming here?? i made a friend through asking questions on this haha shes here beside me!!!!!!!!!!! u should come to carlow, the place of SMALL WORLDS!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 sarahmarie

wow! i posted this ages ago! :L Yea i did end up coming to Carlow! XD what course you doing?

sarahmarie wrote: »
    wow! i posted this ages ago! :L Yea i did end up coming to Carlow! XD what course you doing?

bahahaha omg .. how strange... Id like to point out that boards.ie is extremely helpful ... Sarahmarie you lil minx you! ;) haha sarah is my best friend here in carlow!! we are neighbours and practically live in eachothers pockets! omg how strange.. sarah it was meant to be hahahha... glad ya picked law! :) im just a lil freaked out.. i only came here to see if anyone else had commented.... it turns out we virtually met before now eh? gas! CARLOW IS THE FRICKIN BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD!

love you sarah! :P bahaha! crazy ****...

sandy shore woo!
    xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

How are people getting on in Sports & Excercise(GAA)??? If ye got it.

Hoping to do that or Sports and Excercise..

Advertisement