Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garak is in Dirty Harry.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭KenSwee

Improbable wrote: »
    I don't really like DS9 but Odo (Rene Auberjonois) is great in Boston Legal.

I know that Ethan Phillips, Jeri Ryan, Scott Bakula and Armin Shimerman have all appeared in BL too.

Tom Paris was in the ultra-epic Masters of the Universe (with Dolph Lundgren and Courtney Cox).

Alexander Siddig (Bashir) had a few small roles---tiny one in Reign of Fire, substantial and enjoyable one in Syriana.

He also played Hannibal in a BBC feature.

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Levar Burton (Geordi La Forge) was the lead role in Roots
    Brent Spiner (Data) played a part in Independence Day
    Patrick Stewart in Robin Hood Men in Tights :D
    Wil Wheaton (Wesley Crusher) in Stand by Me

Patrick Stewart was also in David Lynch's Dune.

Off the top of my head:

Shatner: TJ Hooker, The outer Limits, Judgement at Nuremberg, Boston Legal.
    Nemoy: The invasion of the body snatchers(70s), TJ Hooker.
    Takei: Heroes, Prisoners of the sun.
    Koenig: Babylon 5, Moontrap.
    Kelly:Lots of westerns, including the gunfight at the OK coral.
    Nichols: Heroes, Futurama.

Frakes: The Waltons, Dukes of Hazzard, North and South.
    Mc Fadden: Patriot Games.
    Crosby:10.

Bakula: Q Leap, Boston L, Chuck.
    Billingsley: The X Files.
    Keating: Desmonds.
    Blalock:Stargate SG1, Jason and the Argonauts.
    Trinneer:Stargate A, Star Runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Wouldnt it be the best thing ever if there was a spin off show about Garak before he appeared on Terok Nor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭AndrewS

Denise Crosby starred in Pet Cemetary

John Billingsley has had many guest roles including one recently on the new series of Scrubs: Medical School

Patrick Stewart stars in many plays as we all know, but he also starred in a movie with Pierce Brosnan. I think it was called Death Train? He has also done voice work on The Simpsons and Family Guy.

The officer that woke Captain Sulu up on the Excelsior, thats actually Christian Slater who is in fact almost as big a Trekkie as I am :p

Nana Visitor was in Dark Angel for the last season. She has also done some voice work in Family Guy.

Michael Dorn had a role in an episode of The Outer Limits. He was also a recurring character on CHiPs

• Registered Users Posts: 24,512 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Stewart also does a lot of ads includiing a recent BMW one

(and some finance company or other iirc)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Patrick Stewart as Patrick Steward in Extra's.

Quark and odo were in stargate, and quark was in buffy as the principal IIRC

nana visitor was in some show about horses :confused:

I had to laugh at seeing Q in murder she wrote :)
    He was a doctor in something else as well I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Saw Nana Visitor in an episode in the first season of MacGyver.

Bashir did a hammy job og being a muslim terrorist wanting peace in 24.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

Jin from lost is in Voyager, the episode where the planet is stuck in some sort of gravitational field and time is moving super fast for the people living on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Jin from lost is in Voyager, the episode where the planet is stuck in some sort of gravitational field and time is moving super fast for the people living on it.

Also a Mako in Enterprise, I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Blink of an Eye, great ep. He was one of the astronauts. Good spot.

I remember seeing Riker in a 3rd Rock from the Sun ep.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

Armin Shimerman,Marc Alaimo,&Brent Porter,he was General Stex in STVI,the klingon that lost his arm in the attack on Cronos1,are in ,ARENA, it's about inter-galactic wrestling,it's only redeeming quality is that Shimerman plays a gangster called "Weezil",and yes he is a walking talking weasel with a laser pistol,Alaimo also hams it up somthing shocking,as an inter-galactic Vince McMahon,worth a look if you can find it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

hogflem wrote: »
    Armin Shimerman,Marc Alaimo,&Brent Porter,he was General Stex in STVI,the klingon that lost his arm in the attack on Cronos1,are in ,ARENA, it's about inter-galactic wrestling,it's only redeeming quality is that Shimerman plays a gangster called "Weezil",and yes he is a walking talking weasel with a laser pistol,Alaimo also hams it up somthing shocking,as an inter-galactic Vince McMahon,worth a look if you can find it!!!!

Arena: on sale in a Dunnes stores near you for fantastic price of €4.

Thanks Sumoj,I haven't seen it in any of the Dunnes stores in Limerick,but then I haven't been looking for it either,I'll probably buy it,after all,there was a lot worse on offer back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Dax: Recently (7yrs ago) in Becker with Ted Danson. She also was in Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield and looked pretty good in it too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Armin Shimerman was the voice of Andrew Ryan in the Bioshock videogames.

Also Marina Sirtis did the voice of Demona in the Gargoyles cartoon show.

Armin Shimmerman played TERROR,in The Tick.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

I'm just watching the film on RTE 2 and a quick google later and its confirmed. Garak is the bad guy in Dirty Harry:)

Any other Star Trek actors in any roles anyone else likes?

Is the Doc from Voyager not also in that film,with a mop of black curly hair?

• Advertisement

Odo plays the role of a German assassin in Archer.

And Robert Picardo plays Robert Macnamara in black ops.

Awwwh. Good old Robinson. I adore his unparallelled ability to play psychotic killers.
    Anyway, Brent Spiner was in Independance Day, Dax was in Becker, I remember seeing Nana Visitor in CSI: Miami, I once saw Troi in Stargate, Nimoy is of course in Fringe, Wesley and LeVar have both been in BBT, Picard does a lot of voice acting; right now I'm playing the new Castlevania and he does one of the mains, he also did the voice for the Shakespeare statue in Gnomeo and Juliet, Shatner, Odo, Quark and Seven have all been in Boston Legal, and Quark was also the Principal of Sunnydale High in the early days of Buffy... I'm sure there's others but that's all I can think of for now.
    I think I recall seeing Roxanne Dawson in something but I can't place it >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

Andy Robinson...still slumming after DIRTY HARRY
    to make a quick buck in rubbish after TOS...tsk...tsk...tsk...

:D

anyhoo...one of my favourite leading ladies was
    Barbara Bouchet in BY ANY OTHER NAME...

and the lady in THAT WHICH SURVIVES...Losira i think...
    which folds hereself in half was quite hot too...

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Underdraft

FYI Pretty much any actor who gets a "special guest star" credit on Trek usually has some iconic role in their filmography prior to Star Trek. There are too many mention.

I'm currently doing a rewatch thru the series and I'm making all sorts of actor connections both within the shows themselves and to other previous and subsequent roles.

I only wish I had sites like memory alpha and IMDB first time around!

Underdraft wrote: »
    FYI Pretty much any actor who gets a "special guest star" credit on Trek usually has some iconic role in their filmography prior to Star Trek. There are too many mention.

I'm currently doing a rewatch thru the series and I'm making all sorts of actor connections both within the shows themselves and to other previous and subsequent roles.

I only wish I had sites like memory alpha and IMDB first time around!

Malcolm McDowell was one of the first I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

The Orb wrote: »
    Is the Doc from Voyager not also in that film,with a mop of black curly hair?

Not sure, would have to give it a rewatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

Frackin' Robinson...always off his frackin' head...

"Every pennies worth, you black
    son of a bit...!!"

Frackin' legendary!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I was watching Re-Animator with friends a while back. I didn't realise that Jeffrey Combs did B-movie horror. Fun movie though, gory :D

Advertisement