Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Visa Info

Options
  • 29-05-2010 3:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey,
    Been trying to find info of gaining some permanent residency in the US, ive been a few times and i love it there. Apart from the Green Card does anyone else have any suggestions or outside the box ideas? I was browsing the stickeyed thread, but it seems to be a little dated. Ive no direct relatives who are US citzens, but i have an Aunt who married an American and another Aunt and Uncle whom emigrated in the early 80s and are now US citizens. Any and all help is much appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Thereare visas which don't get you a greencard, but allow you to live there for a few years. The student visa is easy to get, but you must show ability to pay the high US university fees. Work visas are another option, but only available to the highly skilled. If you like kids, you could try for an au-pair job (theagencywill look after the visa).

And of course there is the diversity lottery.

Advertisement