Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with new home weather station

Options
  • 29-05-2010 8:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

I recently received a TFA "NEXUS" wireless weather station as a gift (the number on the back of the unit is: 35.1075). I think it's excellent - really a great product.

However, it comes with a CD and USB cable to allow me to connect the unit to my PC. I cannot install the software from the CD on my PC - the installer keeps crashing. It says minimum requirements is Windows 98. I'm running Windows 7. I've also tried to run the installer as administrator and also run it in compatability mode (Windows 2000, Windows XP and Vista) and no joy.

I assume all the software with the TFA products would be very similar ... does anyone else have TFA software installed on Windows 7? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I would imagine it's a compatibility problem with Windows 7. Many older software products cannot be run with newer versions of Windows. Does it mention 7 in the requirements?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

The station looks pretty similar to mine, a Cresta, (those stations are sold under a few different brands) and there is a free updated version of the Weather Capture software (Weather Capture Advance 1.1) available. Check here: http://www.hidekielectronics.us/Support.html
    I;m running it on Vista with no problems and is quite an improvement over the original software supplied with the station.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Have you tried Cumulus software... www.sandaysoft.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

no expert on weather stations but it could be a Windows 7 compatability problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭8kvscdpglqnyr4

Thanks for the suggestions - I still haven't got it working even though I've tried both alternatives mentioned here.

I email the support staff also - the gave me a link to the latest software and it doesn't work either!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Give this a try:

http://www.weather-display.com/files.php

To get the software that came with it install on Win 7 you have to manually write values into the registry and transfer the application from XP.

Advertisement