Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daylight Breakins

Options
  • 29-05-2010 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Was burgled myself this week in broad daylight. Detective had just come from one other in the estate. Gold and cash, nothing else. Police say it is who it was said it was in a previous thread. No politically correct replies please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Were you in at the time? And did the police suggest anything on how to prevent further burglaries? I hope you were not too badly ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

No. Sometime between 10 and 2. Side window prised with a screwdriver. Cops got a print. They know who it is and are planning a raid. Advise, usual stuff. Dont leave garden tools around. Report the obvious warning signs. i.e. people walking on your garden wall for no reason(happens). Got a bit of jewellery. Value is insured but some items family heirlooms,irreplaceable. Grandfathers gold cufflinks bound for a gold shop in Bray no doubt. General advice from garda was to treat the folk mentioned on here before with contempt and report sightings of them acting in ways other than is normal. Difficult to elaborate. Full praise to Greystones Garda. They are doing their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 budro

No. Sometime between 10 and 2. Side window prised with a screwdriver. Cops got a print. They know who it is and are planning a raid. Advise, usual stuff. Dont leave garden tools around. Report the obvious warning signs. i.e. people walking on your garden wall for no reason(happens). Got a bit of jewellery. Value is insured but some items family heirlooms,irreplaceable. Grandfathers gold cufflinks bound for a gold shop in Bray no doubt. General advice from garda was to treat the folk mentioned on here before with contempt and report sightings of them acting in ways other than is normal. Difficult to elaborate. Full praise to Greystones Garda. They are doing their best.

Just a thought. You may have just warned the intended targets if they happen to have an internet connection and read this thread. Sorry this happened to you, but is it possible that you were targeted or identified through your previous posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

budro wrote: »
    Just a thought. You may have just warned the intended targets if they happen to have an internet connection and read this thread. Sorry this happened to you, but is it possible that you were targeted or identified through your previous posts?
    First point,yeh, point taken. Second point, no not really. Been here a few years now. Dispised and mistrusted(with reason) them for most of that time. Despise them even more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Really sorry to hear about your burglary, but at least the print should be enough to catch the criminal/s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Jesus.
    It must nearly be time for a burglaries super thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Alex M

Was burgled myself this week in broad daylight. Detective had just come from one other in the estate. Gold and cash, nothing else. Police say it is who it was said it was in a previous thread. No politically correct replies please.

who was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Hi

I'm so sorry this happened to you, were you in at the time ?
    If not, was your alarm on ?

Gosh its awful isnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Rasmus wrote: »
    Were you in at the time? And did the police suggest anything on how to prevent further burglaries? I hope you were not too badly ripped off.
    Merrilady wrote: »
    Hi

I'm so sorry this happened to you, were you in at the time ?
    If not, was your alarm on ?

Gosh its awful isnt it.

The OP was not in at the time, read previous posts above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Very sorry to hear that CC. Thanks for the advice from Gards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kitser

i do a break in prevention service, suggest ways to bolster security, free evaluation. anyone interested can p.m. me. is this ok admin?

Advertisement