Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Answer This if you can !

• 29-05-2010 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hello to ALL who read this tread because :

im desiring to ask this question to all psychologists
    because, i think its rather a mind boggaling Qeustion

if the world had no mirrors on it ! , and no means of reflection to see at , what would the behaviour of us humans be like Now ! , would we be the complete opposite as we did not see are reversed meanings in life by looking trough A MIRROR >????????

dont try to analise my words or anything just ask your self , if there were no mirrors , and we humans carried on whitought knowing what ourselfs looked like ,? could we have grown stronger in our devoloping knowlede ?

i think so definitly yes , as one would either compliment ones aperence ? , but today they dont need to do that , all they have to do is look in there reflection and gather the ego taughts about them self before something happens , and also .(scroll dwn )

you know the way in prisions they dont have mirriors in the actuwal jail cell ! yeh :rolleyes: well i think "there in there for a bad thing they did " if there all alone or with a few other people in the cell , its a different story if theres more than 1 , BUT ! IF ONES ALONE IN THE CELL WITH A MIRROR EVERY WHERE IT GROW THERE EGO IN A GOOD WAY INSTEAD OF BAD ? :rolleyes: AS THEY WOULD KNOW DEEP DOWN THEY WERE A BAD PERSON BUT EVERY TIME THEY LOOKED IN THE MIRROR THEY WOULD CONSIUSLY STILL SAY "I CNT LOOK AT MYSELF" but ! in the back of the mind it is preparing them to change do you agree ? or disadree ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭dermothickey

Post is hard to read, But in answer to mirrors in a jail cell, i'd say they aren't there because it could be broke and the glass could be used as a weapon or else could be used as a suicide aid.

In a world without self reflection we'd all be hairy people with long beards down to our toes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭blake murphy

THANKS WAS MENT TO BE HARD TO READ ;)

EM NO NOT GLASS ! , BU A KIND OF MATIRIAL SAFE ENOUGH TO LOOK AT THERE REFLECTION ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

THANKS WAS MENT TO BE HARD TO READ ;)

EM NO NOT GLASS ! , BU A KIND OF MATIRIAL SAFE ENOUGH TO LOOK AT THERE REFLECTION ! :)

like tin foil !!!

Personally from my own understanding it would be better to shrink the ego than to let it grow as when it grows the ego just becomes more dominant. Is that a good thing?

AH HA YOU ARE SMART YOU COPPED ON TO MY TREAD ! ,

BUT YOU GOT IT WRONG , THEY WOULD ALREADY HAVE SUCH A HIGH EGO THAT THEY WOLD ONLY SEE IT AS A REFLECTION OF THERE EGO , SO THE EGO WOULD BE CANCELLED OUT OF THE MIND ! ;)

• Advertisement

I feel though to say that people in prison cells have a high ego, would be jumping to a stereotype of some high octane drug dealer snorting coke, whereas in a lot of cases people in prison have a very low opinion of themselves, some being in there for stupid things like not being able to pay a fine because there too poor to pay it etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

OP read Lacan's "The Mirror Stage as Formative of the I Function as Revealed in Psychoanalytic Experience" and the ask yourself your own question.

Odysseus wrote: »
    OP read Lacan's "The Mirror Stage as Formative of the I Function as Revealed in Psychoanalytic Experience" and the ask yourself your own question.

what ever mate ! :rolleyes:

what ever mate ! :rolleyes:

*sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

[
    dont try to analise my words

Don't worry, I would never try anal-ise your words, mate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement