Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder References

• 29-05-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

We had recently picked out a builder whose ideas and prices we liked.

But when it comes to references he is very patchy. First off he hasn't provided any references and when we asked could we see some of his work he told us we could visit a house he was working on.

However, we can only visit this house before 2pm as he is sneaking us in! I'm not happy with this at all, as of course he could do the same to us. It seems like a really stupid thing to say to your next potential customers.

He seems reputable other than this, and is listed on the SEI website and so on. I even checked the company records on the cro.ie site.

What do you think is a reasonable expectation for references etc from a builder?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Have you not been able to identify even one person in the whole wide world, even a relative of his, to stand up and say 'This guy did this work for me. I am satisfied with the work he did.'? If not, then I say find another builder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,619 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Even with references there are a lot of dodgy builders out there, I seem to have found several of them at various times. You are right, if he is dodgy enough to unofficially take strangers into someone else's house, you cannot expect him to have respect for yours.

Advertisement