Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY vehicle video recording using a thin client

Options
  • 29-05-2010 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

hi there

i have recently been given one of these http://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/Igel2110/

i also have an wireless cctv unit i bought in aldi a while back

i want to set up a video monitoring/ recording system in my vehicle so i can record at night in case of thieves and also to record ignorant nutters on the road during the day.

i thought maybe buying a laptop pata hard drive and then installing windows but i am wondering about the setup of the thin client , it is now running some sort of linux os and i can't seem To boot into a bios gui so i am a bit stuck as to how to proceed.:confused:

any ideas on how best to approach this project would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for any input innit..

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Stick with Linux. Or go with ubuntu if you can. Any Windows installation from XP onwards will crawl like hell on that thin client.

Although I'm not up to speed on CCTV operations on Linux, my friend uses a thing called ZoneMinder.

http://www.zoneminder.com/downloads.html

I'm not sure of the installation process, and also not 100% whether it will work with your wireless CCTV equipment, but it's a start. It's a distributeable CD though, you'll need to boot into the disk and install from there.

You might get some more insight from the ZoneMinder forums there, or another boards forum :pac:

Advertisement