Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrib princess

Options
  • 29-05-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Thinking of having a party for a friend, about 20 going, does anyone think the Corrib princess would be a good idea and does anyone know if i need to book the whole boat or organise own food/music etc, any feedback would be appreciated and no ye cant come!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Amazingly enough the people that run the Corrib Princess have made their contact details publicly available.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It is a good idea but the boat can take 150 people so maybe 20 would be a bit small?
    Maybe just take a normal tour and then do something else? They have beer.
    http://www.facebook.com/corribtours

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

snubbleste;i was lookng for opinions from people who had been on it before,thank you for your input,your an ocean of useful information,dont waste it!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

howyanow wrote: »
    snubbleste;i was lookng for opinions from people who had been on it before,thank you for your input,your an ocean of useful information,dont waste it!!!

Ah shucks, thanks! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

howyanow wrote: »

I was on it for a work summer party for maybe 40/50 of us and it was excellent. They had a DJ, BBQ and beer. It lasted 4 hours I think and when we got back at 11ish we hit the town. Really enjoyed it, we had a lovely sunny evening for it and it was nice to just cruise along with a beer in hand, the sun in your face and the smell of food coming from the BBQ. Highly recommend it.

Mind you it was free for us (work paid) so it might be too expensive for a small group of 20??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭thefeatheredcat

Agree with Fozzie... also had it for a work event and it was fantastic and a great laugh! I recall they organise all the food and cater well for different food types incl fish eaters and vegans and people with allergies...I remember it was delicious! Good craic, with food, drink and music plus dancing or you could just enjoy the scenery!

They can accommodate quite a lot on the boat and you have the advantage of the uncovered top deck which is still fun in the rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

They are advertising a cruise for 45 euro and they provide food ( Cava on Dominick Street which is fab!) and music. Sounds like a great night out to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ellen Keady

We were a small group of 15 celebrating a birthday party. We went on the Corrib Princess on one of the regular Wednesday Night Dinner Cruises. It was a fantastic night and there was several small groups like ourselves. Food was great, Dancing was better and drinks available in the bar. We didn't make the most of the bar as we spent the night dancing once the music started. I would recommend that you book as it was busy that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

The corrib princess ran aground thursday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ellen Keady

Yes, I did hear that on the radio, apparently lake is very low due to lack of rain since the floods of the winter but I saw it going up and down the river today, Saturday so it must be back on the water again.... I would still recommend it, we had a great time....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Superhoops

Highly recommended, been on there twice, good Bar food was very good, we had a DJ..plenty of room downstairs and upstairs,:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Had a staff party on there for about 30 people and thought it was pretty good, though they ran out of steak pretty early when people were ordering. No one noticed the DJ.
    But the weather was great and it was definitely worth it. I'd recommend it. :)

Advertisement