Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i bound by contract that i never signed ?

• 29-05-2010 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

I migrated from BT to vodafone i found out a few months ago, i signed up with BT and was happy with there service

Vodafone buys out BT im forced to over to vodafone somebody i would have never signed up to in the first place

There service is dreadful and i want out

Leagally where do i stand

If i ring up another ISP and say i want to join them will vodafone hit me with a WHOPPER FEE

Im at the end of my tether

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭GreyAlien

When they informed you of the switch by letter, you were given something like 30 days to cancel if you wanted to. I did this a few months ago and switched to Smart.

If you're out of contract with BT, you can also leave Vodafone, as they only took over your previous BT contract, they didn't extend a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Easiest way is to ask them tbph. Give them a bell on 1907.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

GreyAlien wrote: »
    When they informed you of the switch by letter, you were given something like 30 days to cancel if you wanted to. I did this a few months ago and switched to Smart.

If you're out of contract with BT, you can also leave Vodafone, as they only took over your previous BT contract, they didn't extend a new one.

I dont remember getting a letter, i signed up with BT about 9 months ago so ive 3 months to run

I think it's unfair that i was plonked onto vodafone i was with perlico before BT and they were just as bad and vodafone own them

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Vunderground

I remember getting a letter from BT ages ago. They offered a month free or reduced (can't remember exactly) if you signed up for a year knowing that you would be switched to another provider. I didn't, so as far as I know I don't have a contract with Vodafone and if their service goes downhill I will switch. It's ok for now though:

831967999.png

24MB package at evening time.

Magnet are tempting and Rory on here is very helpful, but I would have quite a bit of hassle in changing and it is that bit more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

luckyfrank wrote: »
    I dont remember getting a letter, i signed up with BT about 9 months ago so ive 3 months to run

I think it's unfair that i was plonked onto vodafone i was with perlico before BT and they were just as bad and vodafone own them

I've had loads of letters from them.

You are bound by your original contract and can get out after 12 months.

Alternatively, you can simply quit now and repay the remaining term.

What exactly has been your problem with Vodafone? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭clubcrown

I've had loads of letters from them.

You are bound by your original contract and can get out after 12 months.

Alternatively, you can simply quit now and repay the remaining term.

What exactly has been your problem with Vodafone? :confused:

This is correct.

I'm in the process of leaving Vodafone now; basically any upgrades you got while with BT do not count as signing up to a new contract.

In my case, I was with BT for 2 years before being switched over to Vodafone; I was automatically upgraded to a new package last october, but Vodafone confirmed that this does not bind me into a new 12 month contract (oct 09 - oct 10) as it was an automatic upgrade.

But ring them and get confirmation of this before you go ahead..............

Advertisement