Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What if.... England V France

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

For a team that qualified for a World Cup, no I haven't.

I have, you should listen more carefully imo ;)

Re the Japan match, heard fans interviewed after, and they actually praised the Japan team, but said a win was a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

OPENROAD wrote: »
    I have, you should listen more carefully imo ;)

We have to qualify first. :pac:

Interesting point to note with regards to this debate, on BBC3 in about 10 minutes they have a World Cup's 50 Most Shocking moments programme. I watched it earlier. Should be repeated in the next few days I imagine.

One of the moments involves the 1994 World Cup, when England weren't there, and they talk about how everyone was supporting Bulgaria in their game against Germany. It was all light-hearted fun and nobody ruined it by saying it was wrong. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

England.
    But only because i hated french people before the handball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Dante

France, because you'd never hear the end of it if England won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

France, because you'd never hear the end of it if England won it.

Bit like our Eurovision wins ;):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Bit like our Eurovision wins ;):p

France had the best song in this years eurovision too as it happens....
    .....allez allez allez.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

mcwhirter wrote: »
    The usual irish independent england hating rubbish

The Indo is anti english??? Jesus, i've heard it all now. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

Looking it up theres actually a very small chance of an England vs France quarter final, but that would rely on England coming 2nd in their group and France winning their group. Not impossible that England finish second but its even somewhat possible France wont get out of their group.

Very possible Australia can pip Germany and win their group, and judging by who will likely come second in Group C they can easily make the quarters on this one.

Personally the thought of formerly Irish eligible Tim Cahill sinking the French with a handball gives me the horn :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Looking it up theres actually a very small chance of an England vs France quarter final, but that would rely on England coming 2nd in their group and France winning their group. Not impossible that England finish second but its even somewhat possible France wont get out of their group.

Very possible Australia can pip Germany and win their group, and judging by who will likely come second in Group C they can easily make the quarters on this one.

Personally the thought of formerly Irish eligible Tim Cahill sinking the French with a handball gives me the horn :)

I'd say Serbia are far more likely than Australia to make it out of the group. Serbia playing England at altitude (as that particular tie will be played) could be very difficult for England. The Serbians have a top defence and will be very comfortable on the ball. A Vidic header to send the English home?

I would not rule out Germany finishing second in the group either. That would make for an interesting game!

As for the main topic, the France/England quarter final is far more likely to happen than them meeting in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

This gets tougher as the tournament progresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

peabutler wrote: »
    This gets tougher as the tournament progresses.
    lol very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I take it you haven't been watching any of the matches so far?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

England vs France on this forum. Lucky we missed out.

Would have been carnage with mods being cleaning up the mess for weeks after.

Advertisement