Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

grateful thanks to st jude

• 29-05-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

I am not a religious person but retain my faith in god and all his wonders. I am 45 years old and have had 3 occasions in my life when i needed the help of god. On each of these occasions i asked for the intervention of saint jude through his powerful novena. I am delighted to tell you that on each ocassion st jude has brought resolution to my problems eventhough there seemed to be absolutely no way i was going to get the solution i wanted. One of these gift god and saint jude deemed fit to grant me was the return of my partner, for which i will be eternally grateful. Thank you saint Jude. You will always be my special patron and I will continue to encourage devotion to you.

Novena To
    St. Jude

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of difficult cases, of things almost despaired of, Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.
    Intercede with God for me that He bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly -
    (make your request here)
    - and that I may praise God with you and all the saints forever. I promise, O Blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.
    Amen

PRAYER

May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, and loved in all the tabernacles until the end of time. Amen.

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. Amen

St. Jude pray for us and hear our prayers. Amen.

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
    Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
    Blessed be St. Jude Thaddeus, in all the world and for all Eternity.

(say this prayer, followed by the Our Father and the Hail Mary)
    jude.jpg
    Dear Apostle and Martyr for Christ, you left us an Epistle in the New Testament. With good reason many invoke you when illness is at a desperate stage. We now recommend to your kindness
    {name of patient}
    who is in a critical condition. May the cure of this patient increase his/her faith and love for the Lord of Life, for the glory of our merciful God. Amen.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Brilliant Chieftan, your post was a good one, and I feel St.Jude is watching over me, as I am most certainly a hopeless case :D

Please if you ever Get a chance pray the novena to him for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just wondering about this:

Can prayers be 'directed' at an individual like a letter?

Can a saint hear your prayers according to the bible or is it just god that has the ability to hear prayers from the millions of people praying at a given moment in time?

If god is the one hearing all prayers and ultimately the fella to either grant or deny the request is a saint an unnecessary middle man? Do ALL the saints (and lets face it there are alot of them) with the appropriate prayers directed to them by people down on earth make a list and petition god about it cos that would be alot of petitioning.

Fiiiiinally, seeing as people never make just one prayer to said saint does he/she make a list and keep pestering god about it? When does the saint give up if god doesn't grant the request on the first attempt?

Actually one other finally just in relation to what the OP said. Is it right to encourage devotion to something/somene other than god?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

An interesting fact about St Judas Thaddeus that I picked up in "The Book of Heroic Failures" by Stephen Pile: up until the 18th century he was forgotten by most of Christendom because people confused him with Judas Iscariot who betrayed Jesus. The Church finally corrected their mistake and made him among other things the Patron Saint of Hopeless Cases. So St Jude is really the saint who encourages you to try and try again and never, ever give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭chieftan65

Take my word for it folks. This is the most powerful novena there is and st jude is the one saint who will always intercede with God if you ask him for his help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

chieftan65 wrote: »
    Take my word for it folks. This is the most powerful novena there is and st jude is the one saint who will always intercede with God if you ask him for his help.

And you have proof of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

We already have a prayer thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement