Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Bonham documentary

Options
  • 29-05-2010 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

On Mon 31st May, Dave Grohl will narrate a documentary on John Bonham. It will be aired on BBC Radio 6 at 3pm. It will include contributions from Bonzo's family and the other members of Zeppelin. This is a must for me as this man was the greatest drummer of them all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Deadly buzz, definitely going to watch this. Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Rock needs more people like Grohl in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

FunkZ wrote: »
    Deadly buzz, definitely going to watch this. Legend!

I guess you mean listen.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Is there a link to listen to this online anywhere?

Waiting for it to come on now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'll pod it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

thanks for the notice. I had the pleasure of seeing him at Knebworth in 79 and in Frankfurt in 1980. A Monster drummer and a subtle genius too.

very sad loss. Glad Zepp had the balls to split after that. Would have been so easy to keep milking the machine.

Just finished listening to it and it was real insight into their music and the man behind the drums. Would highly recommend it.

Just finished listening to it and it was real insight into their music and the man behind the drums. Would highly recommend it.

Sweating away here in work, will listen to it tonight. Glad to hear it was good.

Here is a related iplayer (2 days to get this) with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00slsmx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

mike65 wrote: »
    Here is a related iplayer (2 days to get this) with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00slsmx

The second interviewer was very good.

Agreed, the JPJ chat was much the better one.

Going to listen to it all tonight and then the DVD box set tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

****, I only saw this now, if there's another link to this could someone post it here please, it would be much appreciated.

Advertisement