Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

W715 ???

Options
  • 29-05-2010 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. My trusty K300i has finally breathed its last so Im going shopping. What Im looking for is something with a large screen, good for internet, email and streaming. I dont want a touch screen and I would prefer to stick with Sony Ericsson. Im on Vodafone PAYG and Im quite happy with them. Currently Im leaning towards the W715 and the reviews seem ok. Just wondering has anyone got one and what do they think? All other suggestions welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I know a few people using it, and like it with no complaints. I would consider the the W995 though too. Its a little dearer but has good spec. 2 mates have ones since it launched and they are quite happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Cheers Davy. Vodafone dont seem to do the W995 tho. Its not in their current catalogue anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Cheers Davy. Vodafone dont seem to do the W995 tho. Its not in their current catalogue anyhow.

From memory o2 and meteor and vodafone did it, so i would check your local store if you are interested in it.

Sorry for bumping. Still not got new one cos I got Maplins little MID in the meantime. Only problem with that is I have to be in a WiFi area=Pub=people asking what it is=me not being able to surf in peace. Anyway I think I'm going to get the W995 over the weekend so just a couple of questions: Does the fact that it uses a different memory card than other phones pose a problem if printing photos etc? Do the likes of RTE player and the Radio PodCasts work via it? And finally does it use a normal SE battery so I can have a spare on standby? Also they are offering a speaker thingy for a tenner extra so is it worth my while getting that? Sorry about the long winded post but 250euro is 250euro. Ive gone through any reviews I can find but cant find answers to the above so hopefully Davy or others can help. Thanks again all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Does the fact that it uses a different memory card than other phones pose a problem if printing photos etc?

Do the likes of RTE player and the Radio PodCasts work via it?

And finally does it use a normal SE battery so I can have a spare on standby?

Also they are offering a speaker thingy for a tenner extra so is it worth my while getting that?

Ive gone through any reviews I can find but cant find answers to the above so hopefully Davy or others can help.

Thanks again all.

theres no issues with the memory card for printing...just you will probably will have to get an adapter for it to work (dont think you get one with it, its not hard to get anyway and most printing places should provide one for printing[with an assistant around])...you get a 8GB memory card with it (well with meteor anyway)

Podcast should work...nearly all phones can play them at this day and age...

Not sure is the battery the same...its a very small battery i have to say though :)

Well the speakers are optional...the phone has two speaker (which are ok) in it but if you turn it up to the full they get a bit screechy so if you like to play music out load it might be a good thing :) though they do eat up battery quite well ;)

hope this helps a bit

i got this phone for my mum shes quite happy with it :) she likes the kickstand too :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Pred192

I got it through bill pay but it comes with speakers in the box, not sure if it comes with speakers on pay as you go but I presume its the same package.

FFS!! After spending an hour getting all the info and playing with the demo model in the shop she goes to get me one and discovers she is sold out. Was lookin forward to playing with it tonight. Ah well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

lol unlucky...whats with all the carriers always being out of stock on the high end phones (well beside the galaxy, but who buys them anwyway :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: jk)

WooHoo:-D Got one. Back with questions later:-S

Advertisement