Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitar Purchase

• 29-05-2010 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm lookin' to buy a new electric guitar (for rock / metal) - something in the 300-400 range so I won't be too worried about it, but still sounds decent. I've been looking at some Cort models which look and sound pretty decent for the price - anyone have any other recommendations I should check out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

check out adverts here first, theres a very metal dan donnigan sig on the first page!
    Second hand with that money you will get a good quality of guitar,
    i wouldn't be too hung up on a new one ( although it is nice:p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I've a cort kx1q, sounds great, I had an epiphone Les Paul and it's similar to that, but gives a much warmer tone imo. They're I think €500 or €400 new, but I picked mine up for €220 second hand, so you might do well to check adverts for one.

Also has a coil tap, so nice and versatile, though I rarely bother with it, since I've a strat as well. The Cort gets played the most though, it sounds far better than it should at that price.

So yeah, +1 on the cort. Perfect for heavy rock since it has emg pickups (though they are passive)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

MickeyD wrote: »
    Hey guys, I'm lookin' to buy a new electric guitar (for rock / metal) - something in the 300-400 range so I won't be too worried about it, but still sounds decent. I've been looking at some Cort models which look and sound pretty decent for the price - anyone have any other recommendations I should check out?

Just seen a guy ask about the value of a Jap Fender Strat that he is going to sell here, in the instruments section. If it has single coil in the bridge, would needed to changed over to humbucker for metal. But excellent built guitar.

Advertisement