Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Went out last night, didn't drink.....

• 29-05-2010 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭

Instead drank Lucozade all night. Couldn't sleep till 4.30 am, presumably the sugar. And this morning I have a headache as bad as any hangover.

Robbed.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Non drinking 101

rule#1; don't go rounds with your mates. 3 ish soft drinks tops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

yep, you're better off mixing between soft drinks and water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭Ciaran187

Yeah, all the sugar can be worse than a hangover. Headache and sick stomach! Drinking slowly is the key!

Glad theres more non drinkers hitting the social scene. Where did you go? Pub? Club? Concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭The_D_Man

I went out last night and was on lucozade all night cos I was driving, long story short it was some ball of ****e being one of the only sober people in the pub. I wont be doing that for a long time again! Id say weve become too dependant on drink for the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

totally...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭disneyonfire

How do people cope with being bored when they're out and sober?

I cant go to a pub or a club sober not only cos I get bored but also cos I just don't feel comfortable there at all. I feel like I'm constantly waiting to leave. But on the other hand if I go there and drink I usually end up drinking too much (because I have no self control) and regretting it the next day. So in order to avoid hangovers I just have to not go out which pretty much destroys the majority of your social life (or mine at least).

I know there's no straight answer to this but its just something that is a re-occurring problem for me and is pretty annoying. And I know people are gonna tell me to just find another way to spend my time but its not so easy when most of your friends do most of their socializing in pubs and clubs...

Any thoughts...??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Ciaran187 wrote: »
    Yeah, all the sugar can be worse than a hangover. Headache and sick stomach! Drinking slowly is the key!

Glad theres more non drinkers hitting the social scene. Where did you go? Pub? Club? Concert?

Out for dinner with a few friends and then to the pub afterwards.

Learned my lesson and just had the two Lucozades last night and was grand today thank f*ck.:pac:

Gas to be limiting oneself to a certain amount of soft drinks.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

have never drank, and any time that i'm out the only thing that bugs me is overcrowding. at this stage i'm well used to people being drunk so it's not much of a big deal, unless they're constantly banging into you spilling stuff. you can still have the craic when you're out and sober.
    was out on friday and saturday, and both nights were totally different. friday was jammers and just really uncomfortable, but saturday was a great night. orange juice and sprite in a pint glass all the way!! (separated by pints of water!!)

disney, it may just depend on the pub that you go to. if it's the kinda place where you have to shout and fight your way to the bar, then it can be a bit crap alright. many times when i'm out i'm like that, just dying to get away from the place, but go there on a quieter night and it can be brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

A bit stupid to blame it on Lucozade

Its a stimulating energy drink, 300 calories per bottle!

Regardless of drinking alcohol or not, you NEED to drink water when you're out, or at least a decent glass before bed

The number 1 cause of a headache is dehydration

Advertisement