Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Braille in Fire Red/Leaf Green

Options
  • 29-05-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭

Quick question:

Just came across my manual/"trainer guide" for Fire Red, had a flick through it, and found a small hint section at the back regarding Braille's role in the game. The part that intrigues me though is the sentence "If you look closely and pay attention, you might even see Braille in your home town!"

Booted up the game and had a gander but I can't find anything. Anyone know what's being referred to here?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've tried looking it up, the only reference to braille in FR/LG I can find is for the sevii Islands. Maybe it's a design in the grass or something? I might actually have a look for this later on, it's grabbed my interest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Found my Ruby/Sapphire manual there and it's pretty much word for word the same. Maybe the Braille is in R/S and the section was just copied into the FR/LG booklet? Still don't see any in Sapphire though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

There's a quite a few examples of braille in it I think.

On one of the Sevii Islands, outside one of the caves there's braille.

In the cave where you get the ruby or sapphire stone or something, there's braille on the rocks in it.

Can't remember the exact details, haven't played FR in years.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Found my Ruby/Sapphire manual there and it's pretty much word for word the same. Maybe the Braille is in R/S and the section was just copied into the FR/LG booklet? Still don't see any in Sapphire though...

In Sapphire there's braille in the caves where you find the Regi's isn't there?

DKZ wrote: »
    There's a quite a few examples of braille in it I think.

On one of the Sevii Islands, outside one of the caves there's braille.

In the cave where you get the ruby or sapphire stone or something, there's braille on the rocks in it.

Can't remember the exact details, haven't played FR in years.

Oh yeah, I know about the Braille in the game, the part that interests me is the hint that there's some in the home town. Seems like an odd thing to say unless they hid some Braille in there somewhere...

• Advertisement

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I know about the Braille in the game, the part that interests me is the hint that there's some in the home town. Seems like an odd thing to say unless they hid some Braille in there somewhere...

Ah.. I dunno about any braille in your hometown.. hmm, it's grabbed my interest now too. I'm gonna have a look! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

I kinda assumed that when it said "in your home town" it meant in real life and that you might notice braille more after having to use it in the games.

LOL! Apparently, it doesn't mean your hometown in the game - it's means your actual home town. For example - NY! :pac:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=24477

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

DKZ wrote: »
    LOL! Apparently, it doesn't mean your hometown in the game - it's means your actual home town. For example - NY! :pac:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=24477
    That's what I would have assumed anyways, the hometowns in both games are far to small to hide any secrets.

Oh! I never thought it meant IRL. It's phrased kind of annoyingly though, if that's what it actually means:
    When you play Pokémon Leaf Green and Pokémon Fire Red, you will see and discover many things from the world around you. If you look closely and pay attention, you might even see Braille in your home town!

• Advertisement
Advertisement