Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benzo meds....that dangerous/addictive?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This is not medical advice and I have no qualifications

be careful with ativan/lorazepam it can be very addictive. This is partly because it has a short half life or duration of action. 10 to 20 hours as against 36 -200 for diazepam/valium.You probably know that after your research. I take valium/diazepam on and off for anxiety and consider it the safest benzo. also if i wanted to get off a shorter acting one i would first switch to valium and get off that slowly. diazepam breaks down into desmethyldiazepam and i think that in itself has a more tranquilising effect.

"i'm on Ativan, but i don't "feel" any different,
    stop suddenly and see how you feel. I would not advise it
    "Benzodiazepines tended to lose their sleep promoting properties within 3–14 days
    I do not really believe that, not for everyone anyway
    "What the hell use is it to me then
    what do you think, how long are you taking it and is it working past3 14 days

This is just my opinion and expeience and is not advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

This might be useful

Also you might try Sleep Hygiene or Sleep Clinics

Advertisement