Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anybody own a Smart 9.0 bike computer?

• 29-05-2010 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Had this fitted on my bike when I bought it and there was no instructions supplied. Before I go back to my LBS and ask some dumb questions, I thought I'd ask them here first :D

Take a look at this. It's a bad picture, but in the top left are 2 symbols, a 2 in a circle and an up arrow. My computer actually has a 1 in a circle instead of a 2.

Checking the list of features (different link) against what I have already recognised, these would seem to be "Speed comparison" and "Dual odometer to set up 2 wheel sizes". I have no idea what either of these things mean, and since it's CRC, I'm expecting the fault lies on my end, rather than some dodgy translation. I don't see these functions on any of the other cheap computers on CRC that I checked, so I just can't tell what they do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Bike 1 and Bike 2?

A lot of computers let you record data for 2 different bikes, which may or may not have different wheel sizes (having a road bike and a MTB for example). This way you can swap the computer quickly between two bikes and record separate sets of data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Tks, Dirk. Any ideas on the speed comparison?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sorry, just home after Eurovision. Awful!

Without seeing the computer in action it is hard to tell, but at a guess I would say it is like the polar function that uses a visual comparison of your current speed to the recorded average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Sorry, just home after Eurovision. Awful!

Without seeing the computer in action it is hard to tell, but at a guess I would say it is like the polar function that uses a visual comparison of your current speed to the recorded average.

You're darn right. The unit records an average speed, and when I'm above that, the arrow points up and down when I'm below. Nifty. Although a bit of an ego killer when I'm climbing a hill and KNOW I'm travelling slower than treacle without a visual confirmation from you, Mr Smart Computer 9.0!!! ;)

Advertisement