Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Save of the season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Brilliant save. Reminds me of Kuszczaks one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Excellent save!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great stop but I think this one would get my vote:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭the1andonly1

This is the young Arsenal keeper who has been out on loan with brentford for the season - some of these saves are class, he's one for the future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

A save of the season thread wouldn't be complete without Buffon check out this wonder save.

Or remember this one:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pepe Reina made a super save against Blackburn but I can't find it on youtube. Maybe one of the Liverpool lads can get it somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Van Der Sar vs Bolton was a great save. Can't find a video of it on youtube.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Van Der Sar vs Bolton was a great save. Can't find a video of it on youtube.

Van Der Sar save v Bolton at 2:52 in this video some great saves before it also from 2009/2010 season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

Buffon against Macabi Haifa in Champions league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Alot of those saves were made look easy which is a testament to the keepers ability

Buffon's against Hunt was class because of the split second reaction and extreme strong hand needed, hand-eye co-ordination whilst jumping to push over that wicked dipping shot. You see alot of them fly in over the keepers head wonder why they couldnt get a strong hand to it imo

Casillas was brilliant too, but you have to say that the player trying to shoot back across and under the keeper was a stupid idea given that you are up against the best keeper of his generation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Alan Mannus' second save last week against Gary O'Neill to be honest for me - not even Robbie Horgan himself on Fingal's bench could believe it..

Then Cesar..then Casillas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Great stop but I think this one would get my vote:

Being honest, i see nothing overly spectacular about that save.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Dida vs. chievo was pretty special.

But Dida vs. Napoli was amazing.
    Double save from a long range shot/follow up and the a tripple save later in the game.

Nelson has such bad concentration and he has a habbit of making stupid mistakes but IMHO he is one of the best shot stoppers I've ever seen. If only he had a fecking brain, could have been special. I'm of the opinion that in the 02-03 season he was the best keeper in the world by a long way. He is probably the best penalty stopper in the world. Was in the Fifpro team of the year 2005 and has two balon d'or nominations. but sooooooo inconsistant.

I lost all respect for Dida after what he did against Celtic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I lost all respect for Dida after what he did against Celtic

hence my "if only he had a fecking brain!" comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Given against Wolves was the best save I saw this season.

Sadly there's no youtube of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Copy and paste looking savage in that video for brentford.

Best save of the season was the iker one against sevilla. Admittedly any goalkeeper is going to go that way because there is nothing else they could do. Still a fantastic save

Ben Fosters close range against RVP early in season ranks. But it was more poor finishing than quick reactions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Degag wrote: »
    Being honest, i see nothing overly spectacular about that save.

Its a great save because the ball is fractionally behind him rather than in front of him when he makes the save. Keepers normally put their arms out to make the save but Cesar has to adjust his arm so he can reach behind if you know what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

You can't have a great saves thread without this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

peabutler wrote: »

let us not forget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Seaneh wrote: »
    Dida vs. chievo was pretty special.

But Dida vs. Napoli was amazing.
    Double save from a long range shot/follow up and the a tripple save later in the game.

Nelson has such bad concentration and he has a habbit of making stupid mistakes but IMHO he is one of the best shot stoppers I've ever seen. If only he had a fecking brain, could have been special. I'm of the opinion that in the 02-03 season he was the best keeper in the world by a long way. He is probably the best penalty stopper in the world. Was in the Fifpro team of the year 2005 and has two balon d'or nominations. but sooooooo inconsistant.

Tremendous. On his day he is unbeatable. It's a shame that his day is so bloody rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

peabutler wrote: »

You can if the thread says 'Save of the Season' and it isn't 2003.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,391 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Is it keepers only? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

This is the young Arsenal keeper who has been out on loan with brentford for the season - some of these saves are class, he's one for the future

Some briliant saves in there, the one at 0:25 is reminiscent of Neville Southall back in the day.

God help any commentator trying to say his name though, looks like it was written by bloody aliens.

Advertisement