Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croagh Patrick 365 challenge

Options
  • 29-05-2010 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Beginning on Saturday June 5th 2010 - One individual is embarking on 365 consecutive ascents of Croagh Patrick, in order to raise money for families struggling financially in Co Mayo.

I am hugely passionate about this cause. Support, especially from within the county, is an essential part of this for me. I have a Facebook page you can join and an official website.

Hope you join the page! Regards Matt (Murrisk, Co Mayo):)

23305_110730352305547_8778_n.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Hi there, firstly well done for taking on a challenge like this. I have two questions:
      Who are you fund-raising for exactly? I have looked through your website but cannot find any details of the charity organisation that you are fund-raising for. Id suggest updating it to give people an idea of what it is exactly they are donating to and how their money will be spent.
    [LIST=2]Why Paypal? Can I suggest using mycharity.ie to have donations paid directly to your charity. They offer a secure service that a lot of fund-raisers here on boards use and there is no need for a paypal account. They accept all cards including laser.
    [/LIST]

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭osprey

bandit197 wrote: »
    Hi there, firstly well done for taking on a challenge like this. I have two questions:
    1. Who are you fund-raising for exactly? I have looked through your website but cannot find any details of the charity organisation that you are fund-raising for. Id suggest updating it to give people an idea of what it is exactly they are donating to and how their money will be spent.
    1. Why Paypal? Can I suggest using mycharity.ie to have donations paid directly to your charity. They offer a secure service that a lot of fund-raisers here on boards use and there is no need for a paypal account. They accept all cards including laser.

Fair questions and thanks for your kind words at the top. There is no charity in Co. Mayo that specifically targets the needs of families in a financial struggle within the area. We contacted mycharity.ie at the start of May only to be informed that a 3% administration fee is payable for any and every donation made. Compare this to PayPal who make available a donation package for non-profit websites at 2.2%.
    3% using mycharity.ie could stand to be a large sum of money. As a result we are administrating the event from start to finish with support from our two sponsors and PayPals service for non-profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Boards does not allow any kind of posting for profit, in which fundraising is included as you're expecting money from our userbase.
    Therefore I'm locking this thread.

You can put a little something in your signature if you like, this is ok.
    Pm me if you have questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement