Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with my tax issue!

Options
  • 29-05-2010 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

I am currently doing casual work in a factory and not getting much hours/pay. I was on emergency tax for the first month but now my tax code has changed to W and I am paying even more tax which barely even leaves me with 100€ after!! Why is this, will I get it back? I'm raging at the moment:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you sure that the payroll department have implemented the new details?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Skip the payroll dept.

Ask them for the employers tax no. it should look like a pps / rsi number. ie 66383993u

Ring or go down to the tax office with your pay slip and the date you started work. Your tax should be sorted within 2 weeks. You will get any overpaid tax back in your pay within about 3 weeks. ( this assumes you are weekly paid.)

Put your pps no in the 'contact locator' box on the bottom left had corner and the site will give you the tel no f your local office:

http://www.revenue.ie/en/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It looks like your employers still have received your tax details. Get onto your local Revenue office. Once you sort it out, you will receive a tax refund in your payslip.

Advertisement