Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

aldi fly rod any good?

• 29-05-2010 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

HEy
    Just looking, Aldi have a fly rod on sale tomorrow 22 quid. Any point getting it or should I keep my money. Was looking to get another rod for cheap so was hoping this could be the answer!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Personally I wouldn't use it to stir paint....but if you've never tried your hand at fly fishing it could be worth a buy just to give fly fishing a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

one vote in the no camp anyway! :P i do fly fish a little bit, but mainly on the stockie lakes. Wouldnt class my self a professional angler by any means!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Ah it'll do ya fine and you prob get the summer out of it... its a three piece so can be left in the boot and grab it then whenever you fancy a cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

i used one before from either aldi or lidl and i was surprised with it the rod wasn't too bad,but as usual the fly line was terrible, but sure i buy line for twice the price of that kit !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭ferrete

it is ok for small trout etc but if you ae aiming for bigger sea trout or salmon i wouldnt recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

sure doesnt matter didnt get one anyway! Sold out in a matter of minutes apparantly! People must be reall getting into the fly fishing! Tried 6 different shops and no dice. Went down to Maynooth fisheries the same day and saw about 10 people trying to use them !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

You may be lucky you didn't buy it, cheap fishing gear is a pile of crap.

Advertisement