Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Poetry

Options
  • 29-05-2010 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭

What poets are people studying? I'm going for Kavanagh, Yeats and Longley.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

What poets are people studying? I'm going for Kavanagh, Yeats and Longley.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Boland, Yeats, Kavanagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 janey166

Ok, well you're all wrong there. I'd defiantely go with Rich, Boland and Keats, cos there dead certs. But of course there'll be an Irish poet, I'd go with Kavanagh, but it will be hard to get the marks because every idiot with a pen will answer on him, seeing as he's quite easy. What you need to is relax and hope for the best and hopefully you'll get a decent grade, that's what I did for the mocks, and I got an A2, but that was mainly down to my excellent writing on paper one and my Lear essay, which I got full marks in both.

janey166 wrote: »
    Ok, well you're all wrong there. I'd defiantely go with Rich, Boland and Keats, cos there dead certs. But of course there'll be an Irish poet, I'd go with Kavanagh, but it will be hard to get the marks because every idiot with a pen will answer on him, seeing as he's quite easy. What you need to is relax and hope for the best and hopefully you'll get a decent grade, that's what I did for the mocks, and I got an A2, but that was mainly down to my excellent writing on paper one and my Lear essay, which I got full marks in both.
    Keats was up last year, and Rich in 2008...

It doesn't matter how many people answer a particular question. You are marked on your answer alone, not against anyone else's. If anything questions on popular poets are often made quite difficult, so it's not like because he's seen to be 'easy' that everyone will do well on that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

janey166 wrote: »

Why Keats? he came up last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

You're all cutting it a bit fine. What if one of your poets doesn't come up? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I have done Eliot, Yeats, Longley, Kavanagh, Walcott.

Hopefully I will have a few to pick from.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Sir123

Kavanagh hasn't come up in a while so it's a good possibility that he'll come this year or next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Doing Yeats, Longley, Kavanagh, Boland (whom I hate) and Walcott myself, in order of more in depth-less in depth, though I know all of them pretty well anyway.

Advertisement