Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How do I stop a GOLD membership from renewing?

• 29-05-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

I bought one month from the buy one, get one free offer, how do I get it to stop renewing without removing the credit card?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Go to xbox.com and change it in your account settings.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

dazftw wrote: »
    Go to xbox.com and change it in your account settings.

I've searched Xbox.com, I can find out that Automatic Renewal: ON, but have no idea how to change it.

Another question, If I buy and redeem a 12 month card before the expiration of the two months, will it not renew until that 12 months expires?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

A card will add the time on to your current subscription, so 14 months from your initial sub.

You might be able to turn off the auto renewal once you use the card. If not, you may have to ring Microsoft - their renewal system is flawed and finicky. You should be able to remove the credit card you paid with (Manage Payment Options), but only after you've an alternative set up (the sub card).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I have been using the pre paid cards for about 2 years now and I can't remove my credit card from the site. It's expired and all but it won't let me remove it.

My gold sub is up next month and all, if I let it go MS will try and charge my credit card and then cancel my account when it turns out to not be in date. What a load of balls their site is. Automatic renewal is on and there is no option to turn it off. Greedy bastids MS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I have been using the pre paid cards for about 2 years now and I can't remove my credit card from the site. It's expired and all but it won't let me remove it.

My gold sub is up next month and all, if I let it go MS will try and charge my credit card and then cancel my account when it turns out to not be in date. What a load of balls their site is. Automatic renewal is on and there is no option to turn it off. Greedy bastids MS.

Hmm, if I buy a 12 month card and activate it before it's due to auto-renew, will it not charge the Credit Card at all until that 12 months is up?

EDIT: Read post above, nevermind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

you have to ring them, turning off auto renewal isnt an option for irish accounts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

When that happened to me it took them about 3 months before they actually canceled my Gold sub, then I just stuck a code from a card on and that was then back dated those three months for the start date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

On Live now theres an offer for one month live for €1!

*Small print says it automatically renews at regular monthly rate......

I wonder is it possible to buy a few of these months in one go maybe on a 3v, they cant take any more money from it when its gone?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Don't pay your credit card bill for 3 months in a row. You will unable to make payments until you contact the bank. Problen solved.

Oh, and this will fcuk up your credit rating so do it as a last resort!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Helix wrote: »
    you have to ring them, turning off auto renewal isnt an option for irish accounts

This is wrong.

I switched mine off through the website a couple of moths ago. They do make it incredibly finicky to actual turn it off. It took me a good search to find it. I can't remember how to do it but it can be done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Orim wrote: »
    This is wrong.

I switched mine off through the website a couple of moths ago. They do make it incredibly finicky to actual turn it off. It took me a good search to find it. I can't remember how to do it but it can be done.

Yeah they had that functionality before but took it away fairly promptly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Orim wrote: »
    This is wrong.

it cant be done any more

it isnt wrong

Advertisement