Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile 'broadband' speed test week 30th May-5th June

Options
  • 29-05-2010 7:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

Trying to organise a week long snapshot of real mobile bb speeds in Ireland. The instructions are in post one in THIS THREAD over in the midband forum and I will summarise the results next sunday and post the whole summary up in here when done.

As the weather looks good next week we should be able to compensate out any weather related anomalies by doing this survey over this particular time period.

Thanks in advance to anybody who helps out by running the two tests ....one weekend test and one weekday test between 8pm and 9pm.

Full details in that thread, takes two minutes or so

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

OK we are go. test away for the next week as per link first post.

Last two days, will end tomorrow night at midnight.

Not a massive sample, we will try this again after the 14mbit upgrades over the next few months.

Result summary here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055924857&page=3

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Hi Spongebob (hi patrick :)) well done on taking the time to put this together, very interesting that meteor one.....i can say that i experienced the exact same speeds for other networks in dublin and meteor are by far the fastest for me.

Some points to note about meteor that you wont read in silicon republic or the papers, their network is already LTE ready in Dublin, all they need to do is assign the bandwidth to the cells & along with increased fibre optics via the next gen broadband with eircom they will jump ahead of the rest before any other network can blink

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jojojnr

Hi Spongebob (hi patrick :)) well done on taking the time to put this together, very interesting that meteor one.....i can say that i experienced the exact same speeds for other networks in dublin and meteor are by far the fastest for me.

Some points to note about meteor that you wont read in silicon republic or the papers, their network is already LTE ready in Dublin, all they need to do is assign the bandwidth to the cells & along with increased fibre optics via the next gen broadband with eircom they will jump ahead of the rest before any other network can blink

Agree with Max Power on the Meteor speeds. Got one of the higher speed modems in their Galway store. I work in Dublin but spend some weekends in Galway. Get 2-3 megs mostly in Dublin but get over 5 or 6 in Galway.

Not sure about the LTE and all that. Sounds like they need to do a lot before having this. Then again, who really needs more than 6 megs speed for mobile broadband? You sound like a Meteor or eircom employee???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gingerninja

Have just got 70mb broadband speed from speedtest so obviously upc is boosting the speed to distort the results as I am on the 15mbs package!! :eek::eek:

Advertisement