Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cycling route wicklow

• 29-05-2010 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

I do a route from the city out by rathfarnham down to Enniskerry on the R115 and take a turnoff on the L202 i think into enniskerry and back to dublin through stepaside etc. think its about 60k round trip

anyway am looking at bumping that up to 100k so was wondering what is a good extension of this. when i turned off the R115 there was a sign saying 8K to sallygap is there a loop i can do to bring up to 100K?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

seanie500 wrote: »
    I do a route from the city out by rathfarnham down to Enniskerry on the R115 and take a turnoff on the L202 i think into enniskerry and back to dublin through stepaside etc. think its about 60k round trip

anyway am looking at bumping that up to 100k so was wondering what is a good extension of this. when i turned off the R115 there was a sign saying 8K to sallygap is there a loop i can do to bring up to 100K?

Thanks

Onto Sally Gap and then one of two options
    (1) Descend to Lauragh and then return via Annamoe, Roundwood and Enniskerry
    or
    (2) Descend to Kilbride (Blessington direction) at Kilbride head for Brittas and over Bohernabreena down into Tallaght and onto Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

The route taken by the Mick Byrne 100k today is a lovely spin. You can pick it up in Kilternan or Enniskerry. If you're coming from town it might be a bit over the 100k but you can cut direct from Roundwood to Laragh via Annamoe which is also a beautiful stretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I did that route this morning starting and finishing in Stepaside, although I went direct from Roundwood to Laragh and I came home via Military Road and Glencullen. Just over 80 km. The extra bit to and from Rathfarnham would bring it close to 100 km.

Would recommend it highly, particularly early in the morning with foxes and deer about and feck all traffic. The road up from Laragh past Glenmacnass waterfall and on to Sallygap is particularly nice.

Advertisement