Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Pictures Of Your Rackets and Gear!!!

Options
  • 29-05-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Just for fun eh? Post pictures of your tennis/badminton/squash/tabletennis equipment and apparel here for all to see:D. Here's my current rackets, will post more stuff if people contribute..

2 Wilson Ktours with lead overgrip dampener and a few grams of lead total to 325 grams / 11.5 ounces. Gamma Supreme Overgrip. 1 with Technifibre NRG2 at 48 pounds, 1 with technifibre X-1 biphase at 55 pounds.

2qdmszr.jpg

15chu6o.jpg

2js2mb.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

The Dunlop Aerogel 4D 300 Tour Racket :) Just got it last week and it felt like all of my shots improved immediately in every aspect (after I framed my first three backhand slices)!

DAG3HT-1.JPG

DAG3HT-6.JPG

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_Aerogel_4D_300_3Hundred_Tour/descpageRCDUNLOP-DAG3HT.html

I was trying to save money so I wasn't looking to buy a new racket, but I got to hit with it for a while and couldn't resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 badgerpm

StevoTG wrote: »
    The Dunlop Aerogel 4D 300 Tour Racket :) Just got it last week and it felt like all of my shots improved immediately in every aspect (after I framed my first three backhand slices)!

DAG3HT-1.JPG

DAG3HT-6.JPG

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunlop_Aerogel_4D_300_3Hundred_Tour/descpageRCDUNLOP-DAG3HT.html

I was trying to save money so I wasn't looking to buy a new racket, but I got to hit with it for a while and couldn't resist!

Nice stick! What were you hitting with before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

kps88-2.jpg

Serious stick if you get it right.

Thinking of trying a K90 sometime in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭StevoTG

badgerpm wrote: »
    Nice stick! What were you hitting with before?

I had been using the Wilson K blade for a year, but my aggressive game went off the boil (nothing to do with the racket) and I switched back to a light Prince racket for a bit more consistency and because the Wilson needed to be restrung. Then my coach let me hit with the Dunlop Aerogel and I just had to have it. The Wilson was a great racket, but very stiff. If I had a bad day with that racket, the ball wasn't going in at all. Probably says more about my ability than the the respective rackets :D Though I do like to use a bit of touch, and I'm hoping the Dunlop will help in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Rob2D wrote: »
    kps88-2.jpg

Serious stick if you get it right.

Thinking of trying a K90 sometime in the future.

serious stick, i used to have one.

• Advertisement

Yeah it sure is. Whenever I step onto the court I know someone is walking off looking like a fool. I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been me a couple times.:p

C'mon guys! Almost 200 views and only 3 pics! Plus, the idea is to post pics of your actual rackets and gear, not live brochure pics:o. At least you replied:D:D. Anyway, c'mon everyone!

Well I could take a picture but it'd just be from my phone. I'm also disappointed with the lack of replies.

Well I could take a picture but it'd just be from my phone. I'm also disappointed with the lack of replies.

Yeah go for it, see how they turn out....post pics of your other gear as well if you like:p

Rob2D and the monkey, just heard that as of January 2011 the KPS88 will be no more. So Stock Up now!! Plus Rob2D, post some live pics of your racket to give this thread some life!:cool:

• Advertisement

I know, I know I'll get around to it tomorrow I swear! Sad news about the KPS88 but everyone knew it would happen. To be honest most thought it would already be dead by now. Its such a shame that nobody wants a players racquet anymore.

I know, I know I'll get around to it tomorrow I swear! Sad news about the KPS88 but everyone knew it would happen. To be honest most thought it would already be dead by now. Its such a shame that nobody wants a players racquet anymore.

Yeah, it really is the last true players racket, given that the K90 and BLX 90 and similar rackets are all polarized. Plus, it must be feeling lonely with no one to endorse it. Did you hear that Sampras has gone to Babolat? You better put those pics up tomorrow, I'll be waiting:mad:. Haha only messing, whenever you get the time throw them up.:)

Yeah I saw him with the Babolat at that recent exo with Agassi. Hard to believe that Sampras would ever use anything other than the prostaff frame. I don't think he's committed to anything yet. I hear he's testing a wide range of frames at the moment.

Anyway heres some pics:

2189681409a12596755258o.jpg
    2189681409a12596755282o.jpg
    2189681409a12596755318o.jpg

The lighting wasn't great I'm afraid. Hopefully someday I'll get a few good shots of it in action on the court!:cool:

Yeah I saw him with the Babolat at that recent exo with Agassi. Hard to believe that Sampras would ever use anything other than the prostaff frame. I don't think he's committed to anything yet. I hear he's testing a wide range of frames at the moment.

Anyway heres some pics:

2189681409a12596755258o.jpg
    2189681409a12596755282o.jpg
    2189681409a12596755318o.jpg

The lighting wasn't great I'm afraid. Hopefully someday I'll get a few good shots of it in action on the court!:cool:

Awesome! Thanks! Do you play with a bare leather grip???

Lately yes. The shop ran out of the overgrips I like so I just went with the leather. And I must say its grown on me. I can see why people complain about blisters but most of the time I'm not out on the court long enough for that to be an issue.

Advertisement